View: https://twitter.com/genospapa/status/1788966540605370802

All the capital letters in the post spell out "This is a hint"

He previous leaked Metroid Prime Remaster shadowdrop

And Mario vs. Donkey Kong for Switch

Still grain of salt

Last edited:

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I'd offer the souls of 100 Era members and conduct a blood ritual just for this game to actually exist.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
If this actually exists, I'd imagine it'd probably be on the scale of Princess Peach: Showtime?

JazzmanZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The monkey paw curls and it's just another Hyrule Warriors where you can play as Zelda.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Definitely a good time to do it after BotW and TotK had Zelda in such leading roles in the story.

Right into my veins Nintendo.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Has papa Genos ever gotten anything right? Anything at all? Because he sure as hell has a mile wide track record of things he said that were completely wrong

zeta50

Apr 24, 2023
It would be nice to have a cell shaded 2D/Isometric Zelda Game with Princess Zelda as the Main Character releasing this Fall.

Jul 1, 2020
Definitely a good time to do it after BotW and TotK had Zelda in such leading roles in the story.

Right into my veins Nintendo.
They had the perfect opportunity in one of the early cutscenes the first one after Zelda ends up in the past and meets the sages to just turn the hud on and let you play as Zelda but they didn't do it.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
Get the wheel of pain out for whenever playable Zelda becomes even remotely possible only to have people's hopes crushed.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
I don't know why everyone keeps pretending we never got a Zelda game starring Zelda.

Wand of Gamelon is a thing
maxresdefault.jpg

A thing of beauty.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Has papa Genos ever gotten anything right? Anything at all? Because he sure as hell has a mile wide track record of things he said that were completely wrong

As far as I know, he was literally the only person that correctly predicted that Metroid Prime Remastered was getting shadowed dropped after the Direct.

SketchDog

Nov 25, 2021
Toronto
I was wondering who this is too. Never heard of them. There's been a lot of leaks posted here in the last 6 months by people I've never heard of. I think they all ended up being fake.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
They had the perfect opportunity in one of the early cutscenes the first one after Zelda ends up in the past and meets the sages to just turn the hud on and let you play as Zelda but they didn't do it.

I was so hoping for a surprise split character thing, but alas, let down again(still a GOAT tier game tho).

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A new 2D Zelda game where you actually play as Zelda would be neat. Cadence of Hyrule already shows this concept could work.

He's certainly gotten more "consistent" since the Smash days (Mario vs DK and Prime Remaster shadowdrop) but I can't say I think of him first and foremost as being a reliable source of behind-the-scenes scuttlebutt. This would probably swing things.

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
So, I have no idea who this is and thus don't trust random twitter leaker. But this is something I've thought a lot about. I've always said that Nintendo tends to give the fans what they clamor for next time around. When Wind Waker came out, people wanted dark edgy LOTR fantasy "adult" Zelda. We got Twilight Princess next. But when Twilight Princess came out, people complained that the formula was getting stale and also they wanted the Wiimote to be used for more accurate swordplay. They tried to address the latter with Skyward Sword, though by that time people were more sick of the motion controls. Plus SS's ways of shaking up the formula weren't as accepted. People by then wanted less linear, less story, and more of a shakeup. So we got Breath of the Wild. And then when Breath of the Wild came out, the question was "when can we actually play as Zelda or a female Link?". And we got... well, TOTK, which didn't address that at all. But that game was More BOTW, it wasn't really "the next Zelda game". So I would not be surprised if the consistent asking for it will make history repeat itself and we will finally get it.

That being said, it's Nintendo, and they've been weird as hell about this before. During BOTW they said we couldn't have a Female Link because it "upset the balance of the Tri-Force??" and we couldn't have playable Zelda because, infamously, "what would Link do?" ... bad answers all around. Sadly I don't think they have confronted whatever is stopping them from offering a gender choice for Link when starting the game. So Zelda as main character it is. However, I don't think they're going to be willing to go all in on this yet. I don't think Zelda is going to be the star of the next big major Zelda game. I think they're going to do what they did with Princess Peach and make her game somehow different, more of a spin-off. Something that can be seen as running alongside Zelda as a series. That's my prediction, anyway.

Gameflow

Apr 14, 2022
I want this to be true. I always hoped for something like a spin-off series "Tales of Hyrule" which would feature stories focused on other characters. But even if this is true, I fear the end result will not be what we expected. More something like Zelda Home Designer, Zeldas Restaurant or something ridiciouls of that kind.
giphy.gif

OrvilleGateau

Feb 18, 2024
I'll take it if it's like a puzzle-focused game, otherwise not sure I'd care that much especially since I'm not a fan of that iteration of Zelda anyway, I'd rather have a brand-new design unrelated to BotW.

ezidro3

May 31, 2021
I saw someone suggest it could be a 2D game by Grezzo ala Link's Awakening. That would be neat I think

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
I was wondering who this is too. Never heard of them. There's been a lot of leaks posted here in the last 6 months by people I've never heard of. I think they all ended up being fake.
He was quite notorious in the Smash Ultimate era. He threw out all sorts of false leaks and I think he got one or two small things right that just seemed more coincidence than anything else? I seriously have no idea why people take this guy seriously.

Even this feels like a very safe guess after Princess Peach Showtime's success.

BackwardCap

The King of Games - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
If true, the question will be "Is this a Zelda game starring Zelda, or just a spin-off entry that happens to have Zelda playable?".