• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
In today's THR article regarding Alex Kurtzman extending his deal with CBS, they dropped this tidbit:

The new deal comes as rumblings about another Star Trek series, featuring Patrick Stewart reprising his role as Star Trek: The Next Generation's Capt. Jean-Luc Picard, have been heating up. Sources say Kurtzman and Akiva Goldsman, who left Discovery after season one, are attached to the Stewart-led reboot. CBS TV Studios declined to confirm the Stewart project as sources say a deal is far from completed and may not happen despite the fact that the actor recently teased his potential return to the franchise.

The tease that the article refers to comes from this video of Stewart clearly hinting at some sort of involvement with Star Trek: Discover:

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
GPrGKgC.gif

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
Getting some kind of continuation of TNG would make this 90s sitcom revival phenomenon worthwhile!!

I'm giddy thinking of ways to send that cast off better than the last film. Only question mark would be Bent Spiner probably.

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
Don't play with me like this.

And, I mean, if we're getting Picard, I'm going to be a little disappointed if there's no Riker, Geordi, and Worf.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just out of curiosity, how far ahead was the futrure part of All Good Things.... set? And how long has it been since TNG finished?

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not at all surprised that they want to hard-reboot Discovery to try and salvage it - I bailed on S1 as it was more like a bad Fringe than a Trek series and they just fired the showrunners.

I wasn't a fan of Discovery either, but its ratings were solid and the showrunners got kicked out because they were abusive. Rebooting it seems like a pretty extreme measure rather than just making another Prime series that doesn't try to rewrite the entire established history of the universe... again.

Plainswalker

Apr 14, 2018
Canada
I always thought Stewart's comment about having a reason to watch Discovery was just in reference to Marina Sirtis's rumoured involvement with the season. I never thought he was teasing himself being involved with anything.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
semantics but I wouldn't call reporting from THR or the like a "rumor." If THR says they're pursuing a deal with Stewart, they're pursuing a deal with Stewart, even if it won't necessarily pan out.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Make it a prequel called Young JL.
Say that he has been de-aged with cg but actually do nothing. Nobody will notice.

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017
Wasn't Michael Dorn always talking about a possible Cpt. Worf series? Maybe that's coming to fruition and Stewart will make periodic appearances.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI