• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Edit: Just putting this here for those worried that his is the new main Crash game coming up:
Not to be an ass or anything, but I really recommend people who are monkey pawing and stuff wait a fiscal quarter or two and check back in.

I reiterate, from Activision's earnings call earlier today: They announced that King was pursuing mobile adaptations of their "biggest franchises" to supplement their 'premium' (read: console) releases in those franchises. Then this happened less than 4 hours later. Connect the dots.
###

Found by JumpButton and Motwera/CrashyNews on twitter:

Source of screens here. Description is here.

1578998543_Oc9KMug.jpg

1579017484_CB_Screenshot_IP1.jpg
1579079303_CB_Screenshot_IP3.jpg
1579079303_CB_Screenshot_IP4.jpg
1579079303_CB_Screenshot_IP5.jpg

So yeah this is a thing!

I kind of like the art aside from the bottom. Gives me a mix of a Twinsanity and Titans vibe.

Mobile isn't my thing, but I wanted to share anyway!

Last edited:

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
A Crash endless runner makes all the sense in the world and I'm surprised it didn't happen earlier.

And I'm glad they did it after the "new" console games and not the other way around

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
Actually it's literally called "Crash Bandicoot Mobile" it seems going by the description page. Asked a mod to fix the title.

Edit: Thanks to the mod who updated the title! :D

Last edited:

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I'm OK with this. I'm glad Activision finally clued into how valuable this IP is.

Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This has got to be one of the most ugliest designs for Crash yet. Looks like he's made out of clay. N Sane Trilogy and Nitro Fueled designs were better than this.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
an endless runner makes sense for this series but i'm not a fan that crash design, hope it isn't the one going forward for other games

Hu3

Oct 25, 2017
Crash should have been an endless runner a long time ago. Even before temple run

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Activision is gonna go wild with Crash, i feel like we might actually get new Crash games soon

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Yikes x 100. They missed the TempleRun craze by a good 6 years. Also more yikes for taking your next step after 2 excellent remakes mobile.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Temple Run Clone Base Builder hybrid Freemium game by King with a loved and respected IP. 2020 keeps swinging and it ain't gonna stop swinging.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
I mean....it makes sense

like a lot of sense

too much sense if you ask me....we need to go back

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
I honestly dig the angularity of the design which I feel is lacking in the model they're using for the remakes.

Jbone115

Oct 25, 2017
It makes sense, but hopefully we'll get a new Crash game for dedicated gaming hardware as well.

Oct 25, 2017
Well, Crash practically invented the Endless Runner, so he has every right to finally claim his seat on the throne. Oh look, basebuilding too.

I wonder if we're looking at his new design for the brand new game. He's looking a little thin there, I still like his Imaginators redesign best, even over the remake design. Wish they would have built on and refined from that look:

tumblr_odzps9wpCi1upgw1do1_400.gifv

It makes sense, but hopefully we'll get a new Crash game for dedicated gaming hardware as well.
We are, it's been in production since before N.Sane Trilogy released.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
I'm down to play it, looks great visually and it's hard to screw up a runner gameplay wise (plus Crash fits the genre like a fingerless glove anyway). Now let's see how oppressive the F2P structure is.

Kongo B

Sep 8, 2019
Europe
Crash's design look ugly as hell. It even has that low-tier Dreamworks movie expression all those mobile games go for. You know the raised eyebrow and the smile... ugh

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
I actually really like this design the more I look at it? It looks more clean, looney tune-ish, and expressive than the N. Sane Trilogy model to me.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure what are people's complaints towards the design, it looks much better than stuff like Crash of the Titans or Crash Boom Bang.

Kongo B

Sep 8, 2019
Europe
Yeah... what an uncharacteristic pose for Crash...

You're right, I totally get what you're saying. But somehow the image you posted is fine, whereas the pics in the OP look like this:
tvtropes.org

DreamWorks Face - TV Tropes

You know that face. The clever, asymmetrical smirk. The similarly crooked eyebrows. The half-closed eyes. The intense stare-down that comes at you from the promo posters. It's the expression that tells you the hero is going to be up to no good, …

I hope you see what I'm talking about, I'm not even hating on Crash or mobile games, i'm just sick of seeing that cringy look/expression everywhere.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Hi it's me the twitter user in the OP

Here's some more context you all might find interesting from Activision's earnings call today!

They mentioned on the call (without saying which franchises, but now it's obvious lol) that King was pursuing mobile adaptations of their "biggest franchises" to supplement their 'premium' (read: console) releases. So I think that probably bodes well for a not-far-off reveal of the actual next Crash game.

You're right, I totally get what you're saying. But somehow the image you posted is fine, whereas the pics in the OP look like this:
tvtropes.org

DreamWorks Face - TV Tropes

You know that face. The clever, asymmetrical smirk. The similarly crooked eyebrows. The half-closed eyes. The intense stare-down that comes at you from the promo posters. It's the expression that tells you the hero is going to be up to no good, …

I hope you see what I'm talking about, I'm not even hating on Crash or mobile games, i'm just sick of seeing that cringy look/expression everywhere.

To be fair, the OTHER renders in these shots look great, it's just THAT one that looks... so nasty.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Makes complete sense, but fucking hell why do they have to change his design again? They got it beautifully done with the remakes and CTR.

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
Crash as a runner makes perfect sense; probably more sense than half the console games he's been in over the years. I haven't regularly played anything in the genre since Spider-Man Unlimited but I'd be down to try this

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all so dramatic. Looks fine and makes sense