Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
As reported on the Gaming Leaks and Rumors subreddit, DanielRPK, who proved to be somewhat reliable in the past, revealed on their Patreon that a new remake of the first entry in the survival-horror series by CAPCOM powered by the RE Engine is now in development.
While DanielRPK did not reveal any additional information on the new Resident Evil remake, @PRE_Atarabiya revealed on X/Twitter that the game will be released in 2026 to celebrate the series' 30th anniversary.

More at the source.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
If RE9 is a sequel to RE8, wouldn't Leon be pretty fucking old? Like, 50s/60s?

Also, remaking a remake again is some bullshit. It's amazing as is. Leave it alone.

bloopland33

Mar 4, 2020
In the RE9 thread they were discussing a Reddit post that said this same thing a few days ago (the RE1 remake and the Leon in RE9 part), so I'm not sure if this means anything or if it's 'convenient' timing.

yogurt

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I was hoping for a remake of Resident Evil 5 instead, to make it less broken and less racist.

And I love Leon but I dunno if my man needs to be the main character in another RE game.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Why the fuck is the 50/50 film leaker talking about games now? Patreon numbers running low?

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this isn't a sign of Capcom not wanting to continue the remake timeline further/beyond Remake 4.

I really need those RE5 and RE6 remakes.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
I honestly think remaking RE1 again is one of the two options that actually makes sense (the other being CV). We really don't need a remake of RE5 at this point.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Was RE4R the RE Engine?

I'd prefer a remake of 1 to be a 3rd person RE4R-type experience instead of an FPS with a shoehorned stalker character. I'm trying to get through 7 finally and I just hate run-and-hide-from-unkillable-enemy mechanics.

Risev

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
The tweet says Leon is the main character for the "beginning " part of the game, whatever that means

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly think remaking RE1 again is one of the two options that actually makes sense (the other being CV). We really don't need a remake of RE5 at this point.

I don't really see a point in remaking RE1 into a third person shooter, honestly. I think RE1 is a special game BECAUSE of what it is, and just making RE2R again but in the Spencer Mansion instead of the police station feels like a huge waste of time, personally.

At least 9 is happening, that's something, but MAN I am getting kinda worn down by this endless carousel of recycling old ideas.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
REmake (2002) still remains the definitive RE IMO, but I'd love to play the OG resident evil mansion in the current glorious engine. As long as the games both remain available, the more the merrier and it would make 1-4 all available in RE engine. Next up, Code Veronica please and thanks.

Jindujun

Dec 7, 2023
Why do they keep using the same set of characters with every game? It's getting old...

And so are the characters

Chemo

Oct 28, 2017
Of course a remake of the first game is coming. The 30th anniversary is the year after next.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
Before everyone jumps on this, keep in mine it's been 20+ years since the first remake.

I personally think this makes a lot of sense.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Leon Kennedy Will Be in Resident Evil 9

rvcOvcG.jpeg

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Now the question will be if they are going to shoehorn in a stalker.

Just give me the Spencer Mansion to explore freely without being rushed through it.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe Capcom gives him a heel turn, and he's been taking Wesker like viral stims to keep himself young and in shape. Given how they went for something similar with Chris in RE8, I could see them trying it again with Leon. Also Leon isn't much older than Chris anyway, surely

Chemo

Oct 28, 2017
Also, they've been building up to a new Leon game for years with RE2make and RE4make. Not only have they been setting it up, but he is easily the most popular protagonist in the franchise. This is a smart move for their big, expensive Resident Evil that spent so much time in development.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017

Also, remaking a remake again is some bullshit. It's amazing as is. Leave it alone.
No thanks. The game has outdated gameplay and this is coming from someone that started the series with it.

Give me OTS RE1.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Is this the first time in recorded history the same game would have been remade twice?

Not counting remaster then remakes like Shadow of the Colossus on PS3 -> PS4

MarcelloF

"This guy are sick"
Dec 9, 2020
I've been expecting another RE1 remake. I think remaking 1 and CV before 5 makes sense as a sort of Wesker trilogy. And 2026 is the series' 30th anniversary.

Might as well slap 0 in there somewhere. 🤷‍♂️

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe Capcom gives him a heel turn, and he's been taking Wesker like viral stims to keep himself young and in shape. Given how they went for something similar with Chris in RE8, I could see them trying it again with Leon. Also Leon isn't much older than Chris anyway, surely

Leon is about 6 years younger or so than Chris. The thing is, with Rose, the skip is what, 16 years or so after the events of RE8. Given that Chris was in his 50s (I believe) in that game before the jump forward.