Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Oh you better be ready for Lisa to be stalking you throughout the Spencer Mansion.
šŸ˜­

I know stalkers were a thing for 2 and 3 so there is no real precedent for them to add one to 1 but I just want the classic mansion experience from a new perspective.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Yes give me a RE1 Remake so I don't have to sit through those damn door animations ever again

Wonder if they'll mess with first person at all, like an optional mode. The tight claustrophobic corridors of the mansion would be perfect for it.

Edit - VR would also be sick nasty

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
I love the Resident Evil 1 remake as is, and it has aged really well. However, i'd love to see it remade with their new engine, so i'm all for it. It would have been cool if they could have tied in RE0 with Re1 somehow with the remake.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
That pic looks like RE8 chris with leon's hair lol
Patreon for a 'leaker', people waste their money in the dumbest shit.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Why not

So long as her being a full-map Stalker happens at the appropriate timing in the story. Probably after where her original stalker bit in REmake was?

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
YOOOOOOOOO
On one hand, fuck yes
On the other hand, no Code Veronica??? :/

OH WAIT NO, THE SNAKE BOSS, NOOOPE, I'M GOOD

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Leon is about 6 years younger or so than Chris. The thing is, with Rose, the skip is what, 16 years or so after the events of RE8. Given that Chris was in his 50s (I believe) in that game before the jump forward.
maybe Leon just has Tom Cruise esque aging in that universe and somehow is still super active and fit in his 60s. Alternatively, the plot is somehow about finding a way to attain immortality, and Leon somehow gets deaged and looks like he did during RE2 again. I'm expecting either one of those two things.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Oh lord please don't take campaign choice away and force me to play as Chris

This is my only shot at every playing as Jill again and Nicole Tompkins deserves so much love

Also ugh to more Leon

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
skeptical about the source but yeah, another 1 remake is inevitable. People are gonna dunk but uhā€¦ I'd certainly buy it šŸ™ƒ The RE series began with 7 for me, tried to get into 1 HD and got filtered.

I'm usually fine with adapting to older games but for whatever reason classic survival horror stuff doesn't click

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Just want a remake of Outbreak.
Glad im not the only one.

Hopefully, this reboots the entire timeline. At least it's not RE5.

A new game that hits the main bullet points of RE0/RE1 but remixes and changes elements could be amazing. New redesigned Spencer Mansion with new BOW's, bosses, puzzles and new locations and surrounding areas would be the way to go, especially for RE's 30's anniversary. Just start over and keep things in check for the series. Maybe keep Wesker face until the next game and have Barry or a Bravo Team member turn heel, or maybe include some characters that were cut from the OG RE1. There are so many ways to make another REmake of REmake super interesting.

Last edited:

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
I don't really see a point in remaking RE1 into a third person shooter, honestly. I think RE1 is a special game BECAUSE of what it is, and just making RE2R again but in the Spencer Mansion instead of the police station feels like a huge waste of time, personally.

At least 9 is happening, that's something, but MAN I am getting kinda worn down by this endless carousel of recycling old ideas.

It's not "needed" in the same way RE2 and 3 were (they didn't have a release on modern platforms and the originals are difficult to remaster with the pre-rendered backgrounds), but I think it's still viable. RE2R established a way to maintain the survival horror gameplay from the original games but use modern perspective and controls. RE1 doesn't have that yet. Again, nobody needs it, but there are worse ways for Capcom to spend their time.

If it's an anniversary game that would also be another good reason for it.

If it were up to me, I'd rather they make RE9 (which they're obviously doing) and, like, RE Revelations 3 or something. But I don't mind RE1 Re-Remake.

Is this the first time in recorded history the same game would have been remade twice?

Hey, just give Naughty Dog some time, lol.

Lunar 1 arguably has three remakes. FF4 as well.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope we get the real ending finally on screen.

Seeing all 5 survivors on screen in the helicopter would be nice.

P.S. Can Barry be finally playable in Jill's scenario?

ScionN7

Oct 26, 2019
REREmake (can believe I'm saying that in a serious sentence) actually does make sense. RE4R seriously teased Wesker and RE5R at the end, but creatively it makes no sense to jump into RE5R without first establishing NuChris and their rivalry/hatred of each other.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
RE1 Remake Remake was always one of those titles I thought would make a brilliant hybrid PSVR2 game. Hard to say though if it would still make sense for Capcom to pursue that with how that platform is doing

Would be really really cool if they did it though

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
1996-2002 = 6 years from RE1 to REmake
2002-2025(?) = 23 years from REmake to RE1 remake.

Crazy.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
SĆ£o Paulo - Brazil

This is my only shot at every playing as Jill again and Nicole Tompkins deserves so much love

I would be really surprised if they do that. Jill has always been the face of RE1.

At the same time, it would be the completion of her being sidelined from RE1 storyline. Which we saw in CV and then RE5. Instead of a protagonist of the Mansion incident she became a detail orbiting Wesker/Chris rivalry. And that's when she wasn't flat out ignored.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Naughty Dog seeing Capcom remake a remake:

giphy.gif

MrKirov

Oct 2, 2019

Also ugh to more Leon

Shes really nice in real life too, met her at a con and my buddy who was a huge fan of hers couldnt make it- she actually let me facetime him and had a chat with him on my phone for a bit - she loves being Jill!

Silverhand

Oct 26, 2023
If RE9 is a sequel to RE8, wouldn't Leon be pretty fucking old? Like, 50s/60s?

Also, remaking a remake again is some bullshit. It's amazing as is. Leave it alone.

They are all old at this point but Capcom won't let them actually age. Jill is like in her 50s and i believe Capcom said her aging has slowed due to the virus and being cured. All of them, even Rebecca should have moved on and had a family at this point, but can't do that! They will all die of old age fighting Umbrella (or whatever) before acting like normal people.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Unironically I want this.
Lisa was underused in the first REmake. Give her the Mr.X treatment and a proper boss battle.

But...but that's not the POINT of Lisa. She's a scared, angry kid who's lashing out when someone gets too close to her, not an aggressive monster hunting the player. That's the character. Why do people want them to change the essence of the character just for another samey boring stalker mechanic?

Stavo

ā–² Legend ā–²
Nov 26, 2022
Brazil
This would be so disappointing because it fundamentally misunderstands the whole point of Lisa. But it's also exactly the kind of thing I would expect out of modern game dev. :(
šŸ˜­

I know stalkers were a thing for 2 and 3 so there is no real precedent for them to add one to 1 but I just want the classic mansion experience from a new perspective.
I mean, Lisa is sort of a stalker-adjacent enemy in RE 2002. Which was furthered by her presence in Umbrella Chronicles.
I fully expect Lisa to be an actual stalker this time around, but I'm hoping against hope that Capcom won't implement yet another stalker enemy in their games.
I really hope we get the real ending finally on screen.

Seeing all 5 survivors on screen in the helicopter would be nice.
Yeah, I want this and I want something else that's going to be sort of a hot take, I guess?
I want a RE1 reimagining to feature coop. I want Chris and Jill exploring the mansion simultaneously. Whether players stick together or go their Separate Waysā„¢ is up to them. Singleplayer would be just like RE5/Revelations/RE6, with the NPC character just sort of being there.

WardFail

Banned
Jul 30, 2022
United States
I'm glad we got an opportunity for a proper fixed camera remake for RE1 before what's probably going to be a third person over the shoulder version this will end up being.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
At the same time, it would be the completion of her being sidelined from RE1 storyline. Which we saw in CV and then RE5. Instead of a protagonist of the Mansion incident she became a detail orbiting Wesker/Chris rivalry. And that's when she wasn't flat out ignored.
This is why

They want to canonically force me to acknowledge that Chris wasn't just sitting his meathead ass in a jail cell during the events of RE1 and I will be furious

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
They are all old at this point but Capcom won't let them actually age. Jill is like in her 50s and i believe Capcom said her aging has slowed due to the virus and being cured. All of them, even Rebecca should have moved on and had a family at this point, but can't do that! They will all die of old age fighting Umbrella (or whatever) before acting like normal people.

Also old badass people are cool af.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, Lisa is sort of a stalker-adjacent enemy in RE 2002. Which was furthered by her presence in Umbrella Chronicles.
I fully expect Lisa to be an actual stalker this time around, but I'm hoping against hope that Capcom won't implement yet another stalker enemy in their games.

She's defending herself and her territory. It's kind of the opposite of a stalker monster. She's a caged, panicked child who's in constant pain, not an Umbrella BOW being sent to specifically hunt down the main characters.

Use her in the one area she hung out in in her original appearance and limit her exclusively to that area. Having her chase the player around the entire mansion is a betrayal of the character.