Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
I would KILL for them to do Resident Evil Remake> Code Veronica Remake > Resident Evil 5 remake. Set up the huge epic show down of Chris vs. Wesker to close out the remake saga

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
I don't know the reliability of this leaker, but I have doubts. I wouldn't be surprised if it's another remake of 1, but there's a lot that works against it based on what has happened so far. Going to wait for others with knowledge to weigh in first

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017

View: https://youtu.be/9fL1tuAXg4Y?si=Xz13P3_ILRLutb8Z

"THEY'RE REMAKING THEIR REMAKE AND YOU GUYS ARE LIKE "fucking yaaaa" IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD Y'ALL."

Just to clarify: I'm not necessarily against it, it's just a bit weird when I feel like RE7 at times felt like a new take on RE1.

We're at a weird point with media where it seems investors are scared of new IP, though I suppose considering the average cost of AAA games these days, can maybe see why.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
But...but that's not the POINT of Lisa. She's a scared, angry kid who's lashing out when someone gets too close to her, not an aggressive monster hunting the player. That's the character. Why do people want them to change the essence of the character just for another samey boring stalker mechanic?
What are you talking about? She actively stalks you on a section of the game.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
During the lead-up to RE2R's release there was a small article somewhere that had like a two sentence comment about eventually remaking RE1. I have posted about it before but have since been able to find the comment. Anyway, I'm sure it'll happen.

Majora's Mask

Oct 26, 2017
I do wonder if Sony is going to pony up for a VR version of Remake. If yes, then against my will I'll need to get a PSVR2 eventually.

Stavo

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 26, 2022
Brazil
She's defending herself and her territory. It's kind of the opposite of a stalker monster. She's a caged, panicked child who's in constant pain, not an Umbrella BOW being sent to specifically hunt down the main characters.

Use her in the one area she hung out in in her original appearance and limit her exclusively to that area. Having her chase the player around the entire mansion is a betrayal of the character.
Not arguing against this, just stating that her role as a "stalker-adjacent" enemy is something that was furthered by her presence in Umbrella Chronicles. Thus, having her be an actual stalker enemy is something that I can see happening in a potential remake, as much as that would displease me.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I imagine the new REmake is going to be good but still not hold a candle to the original REmake. One of the best survival horror games ever made.

Vito

Oct 25, 2017
I would KILL for them to do Resident Evil Remake> Code Veronica Remake > Resident Evil 5 remake. Set up the huge epic show down of Chris vs. Wesker to close out the remake saga
This is probably what they are doing. There's no way RE:5 doesn't happen after both endings of RE:4 teased it.

And it's better to do remakes of 1 and CV first. Hell, I would die for a TUC remake in OTS.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
will that be the first time a game has been remade twice?

Last of Us remastered -> Last Of Us Part 1 doesnt count, I dont consider the remaster a remake.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
Is this the first time in recorded history the same game would have been remade twice?

Not counting remaster then remakes like Shadow of the Colossus on PS3 -> PS4
It sort of got remade again as an on rails shooter. Yeah it is a completely different gameplay but they still bothered to recreate a lot of the environments as real time rendered areas rather than static backgrounds and it still follows the same story.

Original Pokemon games kind of got remade a second time if you count the Let's Go games.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
PlanetSmasher is right, Lisa Trevor as a persistent stalker enemy sounds boring and formulaic at this point

The best thing they can do with that character is make it so you can hear her occasionally in other parts of the house, and make you think she might enter the rest of the house to stalk you like Mr. X. Get a little meta with it, lol

then maybe include an additional difficulty mode which does do the persistent stalker thing, kinda like how RE1 had an invincible zombie stalker mode. Make everyone happy

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Anything stalker related in RE1 should just be crimson heads busting down doors to get to you

Vito

Oct 25, 2017
I think they will go from REmake 1 straight to REmake 5. They are not gonna waste time on Code Veronica.
I don't see why not. There's demand for it and all these remakes sell well. Even RE:3 with a 79 MC is already close to 9 million.

Give RE:CV to M2.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
Probably the only stalker I can think of that would make sense for RE1 would be the giant snake but that wouldn't happen since it is too big to fit in a lot of places.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Hell yes. Expand on the Crimson Heads!

Right. This is a more interesting subsystem than having one enemy that just pops up every few minutes to go "REMEMBER ME? HAVE FUN WASTING YOUR AMMO AND FORGETTING WHAT YOU WERE DOING IN HERE!"

Lean into the secondary mutations on "improperly defeated" normal enemies and make THAT the central mechanic instead of breaking Lisa's character to have her follow you around the whole house. I would just feel bad for Lisa having to fight her 30 times. Poor kid doesn't deserve that.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
A lot of people are going to make fun of it and use it as an example of how remakes have gotten out of hand but a remake of REmake is absolutely 100% necessary. Not making the Spencer Mansion in the RE Engine would be criminal.

Also fuck yeah at potentially more Leon. I know we've seen enough of him and Jill deserves more and all of that but it's better than Chris being the star of RE9 which is what I'm expecting.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
GIVE ME OLD MAN LEON
images
RE9, starring Sam Neill as Leon S. Kennedy

Caiusto

Oct 25, 2017
I like the idea of them remaking RE1, as of RE4 they finally introduced Wesker to this new timeline, who is a very important character to the history of the series but there still needs to have the origin to him and what his objective is. So RE1 before RE5 is fundamental, Code Veronica is also important to him as it is the first time we see his superpowers but I don't know if they'll remake that game.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Yeah they aren't doing a remake of CV. They may do 1 again before 5, but CV is a fantasy at this point

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man a Resident Evil with Leon???

I'm shocked!

Vito

Oct 25, 2017
It's called Resident Evil 3 though. I actually think this makes all the difference in the world. Look at Uncharted Lost Legacy for example. It's probably better than Uncharted 4 and it sold way less.
In any case, I just don't see it not selling well. Even if it sells like 5 million, it would have still outsold all versions of the original.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Fair warning, DanielRPK isn't exactly the most reliable source when it comes to gaming. I'd wait for someone more reputable to corroborate this rumor before we buy into it.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
I don't see why not. There's demand for it and all these remakes sell well. Even RE:3 with a 79 MC is already close to 9 million.

Give RE:CV to M2.

Because they don't give a shit about CV and pretty much don't acknowledge it as a mainline game even if more or less is narrative wise

keyrodi

Feb 19, 2018
I love how folks are getting upset about Lisa already. Some guy missing the point behind her character on this forum doesn't mean Capcom is going to, lol. Then again, they did publish RE3R.

That being said, remake or no, it's still more Resident Evil. I'm a happy trooper at the end of the day.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
RE1 GC graphics are more than doable in real time now, I'd really love to see that, don't need anything else, it's a perfect game.

Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Right. This is a more interesting subsystem than having one enemy that just pops up every few minutes to go "REMEMBER ME? HAVE FUN WASTING YOUR AMMO AND FORGETTING WHAT YOU WERE DOING IN HERE!"

Lean into the secondary mutations on "improperly defeated" normal enemies and make THAT the central mechanic instead of breaking Lisa's character to have her follow you around the whole house. I would just feel bad for Lisa having to fight her 30 times. Poor kid doesn't deserve that.

Yea, Lisa's suffered enough. Plus it's getting old having a stalker follow you and then you get enough weaponry to not worry about it anymore.

An idea off the top of my head, what if they introduce a Crimson Head subtype that is actually unkillable; the only way to stop it (and it can follow you into any room, even save rooms) is to lock it inside a room; you would get items to barricade/block off doors etc. Of course this means you lose access to the room, so you have to plan which one to 'sacrifice' and not trap yourself in the mansion.

Oct 27, 2017
Sadly, this will probably be the death sentence for the 2002 version since it seems Capcom has no interest in ever porting previous versions of RE titles again once they are remade, but I'm still interested.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Why would Code Veronica be a waste of time? It's an important game in the series that explains a lot of the context for the later series and gives some closure to characters like Claire.

Because it doesn't have the same appeal as mainline entries. It's not that it's a waste of time in itself, but it can't "compete" with other projects. Why remake CV if you can remake RE5? They already stablished Wesker return with RE4, and if they want to stablish any "rivalry", they can do it with REmake alone. It's not like people play Resident Evil for the story, or feel the need to play all previous entries before jumping into a new one.

Ayumu

May 10, 2024
Is this the first time in recorded history the same game would have been remade twice?

Not counting remaster then remakes like Shadow of the Colossus on PS3 -> PS4

Tales of Phantasia was remade for PS1, GBA and twice for PSP (the second port was because was included in a spin-off)