SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
people need to let go of the idea that resident evil has a coherent plotted out serialized story arc in mind anymore. the overall setting/concept is just an excuse to keep having new threats pop up and it's not actually going anywhere and that's fine

This post has been true for 20 years.

CV ends with Chris and Claire going "yeah, let's go take down umbrella!!!". And then RE4 begins with a cutscene that says "yep, Umbrella is gone".

SushiReese

Oct 30, 2017
Leon Kennedy Will Be in Resident Evil 9

rvcOvcG.jpeg
LMAO

Silverhand

Oct 26, 2023
I see what you mean, they had many chances to create a new generation with Sheva and all the characters in 6 but they squandered it.

I wouldn't mind at least 1 or 2 mainline Jill (& Sheva!) games though since she has slower aging anyway.

I would games starring Berry's daughter and Ethan's daughter and other next gen characters from 6. Wesker's kid. SHERRY. Heck, Rebecca should have moved into the spotlight at some point.

Last edited:

psychedelic

Oct 30, 2017
Also, say what you will about the inherent benefits or outdated-ness of fixed-camera perspective; zombie dogs jumping through those windows will never hit the same in any other perspective

(the same could actually be said of a dozen other scenarios or most of REmake but I digress)

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
New Leon game? Remake of RE1 (hopefully in the same way RE2 was done)? Count me in for both.

Leon game has to be third person though, and hopefully like RE4.

Apr 5, 2022
I still think that it's really fucking odd that Resident Evil started as a game which let you choose between playing as a male or female lead for two games, then had a third game featuring exclusively a female lead, with CODE: Veronica also featuring exclusively a female lead until it's midway point... and then the male lead assumes the rest of the game, including what should be the climatic battle for Claire... then RE4 had an exclusively male lead, and so did RE5 (though it let you pick Sheva on subsequent playthroughs), but then RE6 comes around and it features three distinct campaigns that are named after the male leads despite Sherry being a returning character, not to mention that their campaign revolves around her male counterpart.
I have no bone to pick with RE7, but Village should've been about Mia. She's the one with military training in RE7, she was the one with the connection to Evie, so on and so forth. But no, they had to bring Ethan as the lead.

Me echoing the fans before RE8 came out: "B..b...but Daddy is better and Mia is a bitch! Anyone but Mia!" Yes, a simple search around the RE fanbase and people HATE Mia. I'm one of those few who actually loved her and her gameplay section in RE7, I kinda hope she gets her time to shine (I also love Mia's VA and the stuff she does on Twitch is great XD) but like most RE female protagonist these days they get shoved aside. If your name isn't Ada, Chris, Leon then chances are she's gonna get zapped down the ladder.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
RE Engine Spencer Mansion would be terrifying given how spooky it already is in REmake.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017

CV ends with Chris and Claire going "yeah, let's go take down umbrella!!!". And then RE4 begins with a cutscene that says "yep, Umbrella is gone".
That was because of fucking Mikami. The version that became DMC literally had Spencer has a villain with his sons playing a role.

ScionN7

Oct 26, 2019
Me echoing the fans before RE8 came out: "B..b...but Daddy is better and Mia is a bitch! Anyone but Mia!" Yes, a simple search around the RE fanbase and people HATE Mia. I'm one of those few who actually loved her and her gameplay section in RE7, I kinda hope she gets her time to shine (I also love Mia's VA and the stuff she does on Twitch is great XD) but like most RE female protagonist these days they get shoved aside.

I love RE7 and RE8, I thought Mia was great, and Ethan was Father of the Year.

If your name isn't Ada, Chris, Leon then chances are she's gonna get zapped down the ladder.

Yeah I don't get it. I'm pretty sure based on many polls I've seen, Jill has consistently been more popular than two people on that list. She's so overdue to star in the next mainline entry it's not even funny.

I love RE4, but I still to this day can't get over that they did that. RE2, RE3 and CV ended with the characters declaring they want to take down Umbrella.

Stavo

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 26, 2022
Brazil
Then just remaster it again, don't do a full on remake that changes the gameplay so significantly that it's not remotely the same game anymore
RE 2002 already changed gameplay significantly compared to RE 1996 - implementing defense items; having zombies come back instead of being gone once you kill them; having Jill's lockpick nerfed and thus making her have to fetch the Sword Key, which was exclusive to Chris in the OG; having Hunters scream for a few seconds before attacking, unlike the overly aggressive ones in the original (and Zero); including new locations and changing up puzzles to the point where they're barely related (the portrait puzzle, for instance, used to be about the cycle of life, but was changed to "match the colors in the portraits to those in the picture"); including AI companions for the Tyrant fight in the heliport...

I think that's kinda it? It changes the gameplay substantially to the point where playing RE1 1996 or any of its rereleases is a completely different experience from playing RE 2002. But not only in gameplay, the entire atmosphere of the mansion was changed when they decided on a different art direction. The rewritten dialogue and cutscenes also set a very different tone to what is present in the OG.

I get where you're coming from, since I'm personally not a fan of RE1 2002 as a remake, but I also love it in spite of that.

Also also, I'm fairly sure Capcom doesn't even have the original art for the pre-rendered backgrounds, which is why they look so odd in the 2015 remaster compared to Zero's 2016 remaster, where they had the original art.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
I'd buy a Resident Evil Remake.
It's the only game in the series I consider great, the others range from bad to good.

ScionN7

Oct 26, 2019
That was because of fucking Mikami. The version that became DMC literally had Spencer has a villain with his sons playing a role.

It's weird. I want to be mad at him for that, but at the same time he did create one of the best video games of all time as a result of this.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Remaking the best remake of all time while changing a ton like the previous remasters is a recipe for disaster imo but we'll see.
FFS Capcom Code Veronica was right there

Stavo

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 26, 2022
Brazil
Me echoing the fans before RE8 came out: "B..b...but Daddy is better and Mia is a bitch! Anyone but Mia!" Yes, a simple search around the RE fanbase and people HATE Mia. I'm one of those few who actually loved her and her gameplay section in RE7, I kinda hope she gets her time to shine (I also love Mia's VA and the stuff she does on Twitch is great XD) but like most RE female protagonist these days they get shoved aside. If your name isn't Ada, Chris, Leon then chances are she's gonna get zapped down the ladder.
Mia is gone. Her only chance at the spotlight was during Village's initial concept, and I have no doubt in my mind that Capcom didn't even think about making her the main character in it.

Like, yeah, she is presented as a very antagonistic character in 7, but she's also the one that had firearms experience and a deep connection with Eveline. The most absurd thing about Village is it stating Ethan was "mold all along" but Mia, who had been infected for THREE YEARS instead of 24 hours, was perfectly human because of the serum.
Evie showing up to Ethan in Village was stupid. She only wanted him becaus she "loved" Mia and wanted Mia to be with someone she loved, instead of "Daddy" being Jack.
God, I hate Village. Fuck that shit.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018

View: https://youtu.be/9fL1tuAXg4Y?si=Xz13P3_ILRLutb8Z

"THEY'RE REMAKING THEIR REMAKE AND YOU GUYS ARE LIKE "fucking yaaaa" IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD Y'ALL."

Just to clarify: I'm not necessarily against it, it's just a bit weird when I feel like RE7 at times felt like a new take on RE1.

We're at a weird point with media where it seems investors are scared of new IP, though I suppose considering the average cost of AAA games these days, can maybe see why.

I do love these bits from the bombcast so much

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
I don't feel it's necessary, the original REmake still stands up today and still looks absolutely amazing.

They need to just remake Outbreak (or better yet, give us a File #3)

Lunatious

Dec 18, 2018
Pretty sure this is just repeating the stuff from a few days ago.

Leon is about 6 years younger or so than Chris. The thing is, with Rose, the skip is what, 16 years or so after the events of RE8. Given that Chris was in his 50s (I believe) in that game before the jump forward.

There was never any indication within Village, the DLC or subsequent Capcom interviews that the entire timeline would skip to follow Rose. It was an epilogue for one character, who then got closure in the DLC. She might come back as part of a next generation of protagonists when Capcom makes Resident Evil 12 in 2036 or something, but they were never going to let go of their entire cast (without proper closure) for this.

Glad im not the only one.

Hopefully, this reboots the entire timeline. At least it's not RE5.

A new game that hits the main bullet points of RE0/RE1 but remixes and changes elements could be amazing. New redesigned Spencer Mansion with new BOW's, bosses, puzzles and new locations and surrounding areas would be the way to go, especially for RE's 30's anniversary. Just start over and keep things in check for the series. Maybe keep Wesker face until the next game and have Barry or a Bravo Team member turn heel, or maybe include some characters that were cut from the OG RE1. There are so many ways to make another REmake of REmake super interesting.

If Capcom wanted to start over they would've done so when they started the remakes, not after 2/3/4 and multiple new threads being introduced in 7 and Village.

ScionN7

Oct 26, 2019
I think my biggest concern would be the length of the game. I don't want a repeat of RE3 Remake where you had a 4-5 hour game at $60. This time around it'd be $70. I hope they add a lot more areas.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Please please please have PSVR2 support if you remake REmake. I've wanted to visit the mansion in VR since day 1 of VR

Akiba756

Oct 1, 2020
Sao Paolo, Brazil

I want an ace attorney style game where Jill/Chris/Leon testify in court to get umbrella shut down/jk

But to be fair, We did have Chris and Jill raiding the last Umbrella Headquarters in the Umbrella Chronicles game

View: https://youtu.be/r-L06_ulYVE?si=thwjWwh2-py_9Gzd

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
I like the idea of REremake.
I don't understand why Leon would be in RE9, though. RE8 ending kinda suggests that it should be followed by a Chris Redfield story.
And one old protagonist is way more than enough, imo. Give me new "clueless" characters.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Did RE4R ever actually say that Umbrella was done? I know it wasn't in the intro and I don't remember finding a note. I haven't played the Ada DLC yet though. That'd be a pretty big directional shift into an alternate 5 and 6 if so.

Is Wesker traveling through the Lifestream?

Stavo

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 26, 2022
Brazil
Did RE4R ever actually say that Umbrella was done? I know it wasn't in the intro and I don't remember finding a note. I haven't played the Ada DLC yet though. That'd be a pretty big directional shift into an alternate 5 and 6 if so.

Is Wesker traveling through the Lifestream?
Yes, the remake states Umbrella's done for. Luis comments on it during the chapter in the mines.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
I think my biggest concern would be the length of the game. I don't want a repeat of RE3 Remake where you had a 4-5 hour game at $60. This time around it'd be $70. I hope they add a lot more areas.
The game would have 2 scenarios though.

Was RE:3 really 4-5 hrs first time? It lasted 7 and some change to me.

Stavo

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 26, 2022
Brazil
Since we're talking about how long we took to beat the remakes... My first run through RE2 2019, on launch day, was 04:47:36 going by an old Facebook photo. And I'm more than fine with that, since it's a very replayable game.

Oct 26, 2017
Please please please have PSVR2 support if you remake REmake. I've wanted to visit the mansion in VR since day 1 of VR

Exarkly. Given how amazing Village and 4R were in VR, I hope Sony takes it on the chin and backs up the money truck for another VR port

Also, after seeing the Death Island movie, I am really, really hoping Jill is in this cause the Leon/Jill combo is unstoppable

Mar 17, 2024
Resident Evil games are always excellent ones to replay IMO. And I bet that it'll be no different with a remake of Resident Evil. There'll probably quite a lot of new, additional content and different placements of stuff/creatures. I love to be surprised.

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
I hope that the mansion has a COMPLETELY different layout. I want it to be full of switchups and deceptive things to fuck with people who played the original.