Jun 2, 2019
I hope it is true. It was weird they skipped the first game, and it would be weird to have a remake of Wesker's last game (RE5) without seeing everything that happened in the previous games.

Even if RE9 sucks, just give me RE1 to go with RE2 and RE4 and I'm set.

As for RE9, I would have liked to play as a female character, but I wouldn't mind another Leon game tbh. After all, he's hilarious, and after RE2 and RE4 he is the main character in my eyes.

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
Excited for a RE1 remake as I find fixed camera angles annoying and gun combat, as limited by fixed angles, very underwhelming. A REmake 2 like experience with the two campaigns would be a welcome addition.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I figured we'd get RE1 Remake in line with the newer remakes before we got RE5 Remake. We're never getting Code Veronica, sorry. Hell, we might get RE0 Remake as well.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
I honestly don't know where I want the series to go next for 9, so for now I'm looking forward to see what RE Remake: Remake is about.

Steverulez

Oct 27, 2017
I would love a Resident Evil remake like 2/3 although i'd also like them to do Zero and Code Veronica, but I guess we'll see where we end up (along with the inevitable remake of 5)

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
I've still never played RE1 through because of the awful tank controls. I welcome a modern RE1 remake.

NineBall

May 22, 2022
Retire the old cast already! We need new timeline and completely new characters.
Keep the old cast for remakes and Outbreak.

Apr 19, 2018
I wouldn't mind Leon for RE9, but It'll sure be a weird disconnect to have him be the featured character yet again straight after our last outing from RE4R. Always so used to having my Resident Evil protags on a rotational basis lol.

Still, I'd love for them to go all-in with that potential seed they planted with Ashley wanting to become an agent herself. A years later reunion of sorts could be dope. :)

Last edited:

Caiusto

Oct 25, 2017
This post has been true for 20 years.

CV ends with Chris and Claire going "yeah, let's go take down umbrella!!!". And then RE4 begins with a cutscene that says "yep, Umbrella is gone".
That's because RE4 was made with the idea of it being separated from the rest of the series, they out of their way to ignore and not make connections to the games that came before. It was a departure from the old days to a new audience.

It's why RE4 Remake changes so much, it is now connected to the rest of the Remake timeline.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh lord please don't take campaign choice away and force me to play as Chris

This is my only shot at every playing as Jill again and Nicole Tompkins deserves so much love

Also ugh to more Leon
They need to have Chris and Jill going completely separate directions for the majority of the story and include the canon ending now.

Also if they go all in, give Rebecca, Barry and Wesker their own mini-scenarios.

Apr 5, 2022
I want an ace attorney style game where Jill/Chris/Leon testify in court to get umbrella shut down/jk

But to be fair, We did have Chris and Jill raiding the last Umbrella Headquarters in the Umbrella Chronicles game

View: https://youtu.be/r-L06_ulYVE?si=thwjWwh2-py_9Gzd

I forgot how this sorta leads into the RE4 intro when Umbrella meets their downfall but didn't something in Resident Evil Outbreak 1/2 have to do with that? Wasn't Yoko instrumental in bringing Umbrella down after she testified against them in court? So much for Leon B being canon saying "It's up to us to take down, Umbrella" I kinda want a RE game featuring an RE Outbreak protagonist after RE9 is all set and done, we got some references of one of them them in RE7 and RE2 Remake.

Mantorok

Mar 8, 2018
Oh I dunno I think RE1 getting another remake treatment could be really something if they got it right, I always found the first game to be the creepiest and if they doubled down on the horror it could turn out awesome.

I don't think it would happen but I do believe it would be good if they did.

Foolhardy

May 4, 2024
If they have to remake RE1 again can we at least get an optional environmental reskin that makes everything overly smooth and waxy like the original background renders?

Apr 5, 2022
They need to have Chris and Jill going completely separate directions for the majority of the story and include the canon ending now.

Also if they go all in, give Rebecca, Barry and Wesker their own mini-scenarios.

Looking forward to seeing what RE Engine visuals of Rebecca and Barry would look like. It took me awhile to grow into liking RE Engine Wesker, so I can't wait to see how it all turns out!

Cartwynd

Shinra Employee
Sep 14, 2023
booo. I just wanted RE1 to forever be a classic style game that new people were forced to experience if they wanted to play the whole series. Like a little bit of medicine that you can get an appreciation for.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
I forgot how this sorta leads into the RE4 intro when Umbrella meets their downfall but didn't something in Resident Evil Outbreak 1/2 have to do with that? Wasn't Yoko instrumental in bringing Umbrella down after she testified against them in court? So much for Leon B being canon saying "It's up to us to take down, Umbrella" I kinda want a RE game featuring an RE Outbreak protagonist after RE9 is all set and done, we got some references of one of them them in RE7 and RE2 Remake.
Not really.

Umbrella fell because of Wesker. Not only did he stole all their data and killed their last major executive but he also made a deal with the US government to end them.

Stavo

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 26, 2022
Brazil
Instrumental might be a bit of a stretch, but she and Linda did testify against Umbrella.

Also, yeah... Not just Leon B, but RE3 and CODE: Veronica have "Umbrella's going down" stingers as well.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping it's called Resident Evil 1.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Instrumental might be a bit of a stretch, but she and Linda did testify against Umbrella.

Speaking of it, where was this sourced from? It's been my understanding for a while as well, but I can't remember if it's mentioned in a file somewhere or if it's more of a fan assumption.

At the moment I'm not sure any of Outbreak's characters have been confirmed to survive besides Alyssa. And with the various endings those games have, I think we're meant to assume a few of them didn't make it.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
I hope it's all true, I love the first Remake but I want another remake to it just to have all the first three games with the same fidelity.
Leon is my favorite character, so another one with him is just the best news for me.

Foolhardy

May 4, 2024
I hope Rebecca won't shut up about Billy and all their adventures. Any time Chris does something, she should compare it to how Billy did it.

Fafalada

Oct 27, 2017
Is this the first time in recorded history the same game would have been remade twice?
So I was gonna say RE4 has that record (RE4:VR and RE4: Remake).
But then I realized Alone In The Dark just got remade... second time this year - so depending on how we count - that was first (og game is the oldest).
Funny how all examples I can think of are in the horror genre though... Anyone got other suggestions?

Also it is an interesting question where the line gets drawn. Tetris , PacMan and Space Invaders all had multiple 'reimaginings' that could be classified as 'remakes', depending on perspective. But the line is definitely not as clean as with story driven franchises - so not sure we should count them.
Also where do old-school ports land that basically had to remake games to fit them to different architectures?

Also in my head: Defender -> Remake=Datastorm -> Remake=Resogun (Housemarque basically confirmed the latter bit - they just couldn't be arsed with the IP like on Stardust).

Last edited:

Great Martinez Jr.

▲ Legend ▲
Feb 2, 2021
Mexico
I don't see much point in remaking the first Resident Evil again, but I also didn't see much point in remaking RE4.

0 and Code Veronica should be remade as well, but my general understanding is both were a financial disappoinment for Capcom, so that might explain why neither has been brought back.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Google search is going my to be so (not) fun when this game comes out as just "Resident Evil (2026)". Going to be as fun as searching for Xbox 1/Xbox One.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Is this the first time in recorded history the same game would have been remade twice?

Not counting remaster then remakes like Shadow of the Colossus on PS3 -> PS4

Pokemon Gen 1 got Fire Red/Leaf Green and Lets go Pikachu/Lets go Eevee.

It's been 22 years since REmake! It doesn't surprise me that Capcom wants to modernize it.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
I hope Leon isn't the only main RE character in IX. Please also have Claire or Jill in it as well.

But knowing Capcom it will probably be Chris.