Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Actually looking at it again. He's sharing his thoughts on the rumor. But being an analyst, wouldn't he also be in the know on what's going on in Japan??

It's very very rare for people to know about acquisitions before they are publicly announced. Not even employees know most of the time. They're often told at the same time as the public is.

It's not something an analyst would hear on the grapevine, no.

I_love_potatoes

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 6, 2020
They have so little faith in Demon's Souls they released it twice.

They literally called it "crap".

Also, why are people comparing Bungie to FROM... Bungie REQUIRE a constant live userbase to function and they need more people playing their game as they're a LIVE SERVICE game service. FROM isn't.

I could definitely see Sony making future FROM titles PS only and it would suck.

DrFreeman

May 9, 2020
I don't read this as them acquiring them? I read this as him giving extra details because there are rumors around them acquiring them. Literally any internet rumor. I have no doubt Sony could possibly acquire Kadokawa but what what Toto is saying doesn't sound like he's giving any extra info that we don't already have.

This. He's just commenting on the existing rumor by providing a backstory for one of his favorite developers.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
This appears to be a misread of the tweets in this case.

It isn't an insider sharing new insider info. It's an analyst who loves From giving a history of From and sharing their thoughts on potential From valuation based on the Internet chatter about potential Sony acquisitions.

It's hypothetical industry analyst chatter, not insider info.

Thought we'd better just lock this 12 pages(!) in before we go any deeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.