• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
DgWkmqKXcAA_bdn.jpg

1f914.png
Hmm... Curious if a possible announcement is incoming, since they'd have to "explain" that.

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe they'll encourage Switch owners to go buy PS4 or Xbox One for the new shiny Spyro Trilogy.

Miles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego, CA
Honestly Spyro coming to the Switch is an eventuality. It makes too much sense on the console plus Crash is already coming to it. Probably won't be out until next year though.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
This is the third-party game I'm most surprised is skipping Switch, at least initially.

InkyVulture

Oct 26, 2017
I have some childhood memories of Spyro since a classmate had it, so I sure hope it's coming to Switch as I have no such connection to Crash.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
What does he mean Crash (the character?) looks different on Switch? Different how?

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
The game probably isn't ready, might not even have started. If Crash Switch really was this afterthought for Activision, my guess is that they'll just use the same team that did Crash to do Spyro, which of course means it was never gonna get ready for a day and date release with the other consoles. Might as well get used to it by now...

Lack of PC version is really the most baffling thing about all this.

goldenpp73

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
For Spyro? Nah, it's not that deep. But it's definitely coming to Switch. They'd be stupid not to port it over.

Would rather them be working on something more significant, so I hope not!

Outside of Smash, Spyro is my most anticipated purchase for the entire year. I'd say for a lot of people it will be significant, more so then most games that could possibly be ported.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
No doubt it's happening, but the port team just finished N.Sane Trilogy so give it some time.
It was also rumored and leaked on Nintendo's official website.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
The game probably isn't ready, might not even have started. If Crash Switch really was this afterthought for Activision, my guess is that they'll just use the same team that did Crash to do Spyro, which of course means it was never gonna get ready for a day and date release with the other consoles. Might as well get used to it by now...

The team behind the Switch Crash port is the one behind Spyro iirc.

Alent

"This guy are sick"
Oct 28, 2017
oh shit, am i really gonna buy Crash just to demo Spyro LOL (if true)

Still holding out for a Switch announcement before pre-ordering the PS4 version....

edit: wait, i read that as a demo. looks like i don't need to buy Crash

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
A YouTuber got to play the game and asked Toys for Bob about a switch version. They replied with how they are trying to get it running on the Xbox one and PS4 first then possibly do a switch version.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
Still baffled by the absence of a pc version of spyro. Means it will be bought on sale then.

Pand

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Switch version not being part of the original announcement (and probably initial development) is one of the weirdest decisions I've seen in the gaming industry lately. I'm no Spyro fan, haven't played the games and even I can see the Switch version would sell insanely well and might even outsell the other versions. It's such a no-brainer.

Zool

Oct 28, 2017
Would be in line with other ports. Rule one: wait at least 8 months before releasing a physical port on Switch!

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
oh shit, am i really gonna buy Crash just to demo Spyro LOL (if true)

Still holding out for a Switch announcement before pre-ordering the PS4 version....

edit: wait, i read that as a demo. looks like i don't need to buy Crash
Haha it's not a demo, it's just a trailer for the game.

Edit: nvm I can't read

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017

3D platformers are pretty poor sellers on Steam sadly. At least going from Steamspy when it worked I saw that basically only Sonic Adventure 1 was at a decent sales number. Everything else was sub 80,000 or so, which is just startlingly awful.

Sucks, but I still try to support 3D platformers on Steam whenever I can.

MrHeisenbird

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
A YouTuber got to play the game and asked Toys for Bob about a switch version. They replied with how they are trying to get it running on the Xbox one and PS4 first then possibly do a switch version.
Source?

I remember Geoff Keighley trying to harass the developers about a Switch port during his E3 live stream. They didn't take the bait so...

PS4 and Xbox are the only versions coming in September.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Source?

I remember Geoff Keighley trying to harass the developers about a Switch port during his E3 live stream. They didn't take the bait so...

PS4 and Xbox are the only versions coming in September.

There is no way anyone is stealth dropping Spyro at the same time as the ps4/xb1. Odds are it'll be highlighted in Nintendo's January 2019 direct for a summer release like Crash was.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it's a remake of a colorful retro 3D mascot platformer

it'll come to Switch it's just a matter of when. these companies like money and this is among the safest bets for the Switch audience.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Even if this is true instead of just a mistake from the developers (or just an advert for the PS4/XB1 versions) the port isn't going to come out until at least 8 months to a year after the initial release. Activision clearly sees the Switch as an afterthought so there's no way in hell they'd have put any meaningful resources or planned anything that far in advance.

That's even if the port even exists; if Crash's port had to rely on someone making it work in their own spare time there's a fair chance that lightning won't strike twice in this case. I personally don't think the game will ever come to the Switch.

Last edited: