• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Leaked by reddit user B4DASS who also leaked Black Ops IIII info.
Says reveal is tomorrow 3.15.18 @ 1PM PST

EDIT: the reddit post is from before 9PM PST on Wednesday 3.14.18, so to clarify he was speaking about today Thursday 3.15.18

Last edited:

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Tomb Raider, Sonic, Mega Drive Collection, XSEED localization and now Spyro news within a few days of each other? Guess everyone's gotta get in their announcements before the fiscal year ends, not that I'm complaining.

Hoping they maintain Cute Spyro at the very least.

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
I'm ready!

t1521144000z4.png

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm ready, Spyro is still in my top 10 game series' (at least the original trilogy). I also like the rumored name.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
Tomb Raider, Sonic, Mega Drive Collection, XSEED localization and now Spyro news within a few days of each other? Guess everyone's gotta get in their announcements before the fiscal year ends, not that I'm complaining.

Hoping they maintain Cute Spyro at the very least.
Don't forget possible announcement of Geralt in Soul Calibur

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, March seems like some kind of E3 Prequel. Info on the new Call Of Duty, The Division 2 announcement, new Tomb Raider reveal, Spyro, etc. etc.. I really hope that whole year of exclusivity isn't true, would be annoying to wait over a year to play this.

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they improved the loading. I would hate to see those transitions take too long.

Ashflow

Feb 13, 2018
US
Yo, Treasure Trilogy is actually a great name. Better than most of the suggestions I saw here, haha.

Hope this is accurate just for that.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
So we got Crash, now Spyro... what are the chances of a Gex and/or Croc HD remake?

The former would be on Square Enix and it'd probably be crowdfunded via the Square Enix Collective, Fear Effect Sedna style.

As for Croc he's probably about as likely as Glover HD, couldn't even tell you who owns the rights to him.

Sony will probably bank on Spyro this year, MediEvil next, then who knows.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cute name. Though it feels like after this one we're going to have to starting reaching to the bottom of the barrel as far as these PS1 platformers go.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sony needs to bring back Ape Escape and then all of my dreams will be fulfilled.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
So we got Crash, now Spyro... what are the chances of a Gex and/or Croc HD remake?

Oh god no. The pop references in Gex were already dated when the game came out, they'd be beyond cringe worry now.
Croc sucks. Might as well ask for Jersey Devil HD

The former would be on Square Enix and it'd probably be crowdfunded via the Square Enix Collective, Fear Effect Sedna style.

As for Croc he's probably about as likely as Glover HD, couldn't even tell you who owns the rights to him.

Sony will probably bank on Spyro this year, MediEvil next, then who knows.

I feel MediEvil should not be placed in the same category as Spyro and Crash before it. Fine series but Crash and Spyro were essentially the mascots of the PS1 and MediEvil was just another pair of solid games among many

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed 1 and 2 as a kid, but I wonder if they actually held up.

Even when I was young I still felt like the controls were shit compared to Mario 64.

OP
OP
Aokiji

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Should we expect any systems other than PS4?
No, it's (more than likely) Sony who's fronting the first year.
0% considering those aren't Sony nostalgia games lol
Spyro was a huge collectathon right?
it's a 90's platformer. so collecting is in its DNA lol

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
I'll def get it, I didn't really play them back in the day due to not owning a PS1.

Ape Escape would be cool too. How many of those did they put out on PS1?

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I feel MediEvil should not be placed in the same category as Spyro and Crash before it. Fine series but Crash and Spyro were essentially the mascots of the PS1 and MediEvil was just another pair of solid games among many

Oh I agree, it just seems like Sony announced that remake to cash in on the PS1 nostalgia fueled by Crash. Really few mascot games of that era, especially on PS1, match up to those two juggernauts, but if they wanna keep the money rolling in they'll have to remaster a few more obscure titles (or make straight up sequels to Crash and Spyro using the engines they remade.)

Status
Not open for further replies.