• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
interesting choice, but i think they will have to create a lot of lore, because there's not much of it in FF1

edit:
also there's no cid, chocobo, moogle in ff1 so it will be very distinct
There have been references to Cid in all of the FFI ports/remakes. He also makes an appearance in Dissidia.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Finally, they can use those Dissidia models for good instead of evil

5arkys.jpg

LMAO

But...mood, though.

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
I hope this game has better enemy variety than Nioh did. Fun, fast combat but fighting the same enemies over and over again got old

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Garland being the protag would be also pretty cool. However no female character option then tho, I think they would want the male/female choice for armor and fashion.

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
I hope the game is on a different engine than the Niohs. Not a fan of how they look unfortunately.
Koei Tecmo registered a new trademark for a new engine called "Katana Engine" they'll probably use this engine for next gen and from the name itself you can guess it's from Team Ninja.

They used to make the best looking games during PS2/Xbox era, so it'll look good at least, specially under Square Enix's involvement.

Cjdamon042

Oct 28, 2017
Edinburgh
It's a TN looking game except with Nomura designs.

Nomura? Huh...

I was kind of expecting monsters to match XV as they were very much based on Amano's original concepts, and then the same for characters to remain consistent. I was not expecting Nomura for this, not even Nomura's take on Amano's characters as per Dissidia to be honest.

A slight letdown for me personally, but I haven't seen it yet so it could all be okay.

EDIT: Just editing this to say that I don't actually have an issue with Nomura's artwork or designs, or the man himself. It just wasn't what I was expecting from something like this.

Simuly

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 8, 2019
Hopefully no last gen version, let's see the Team Ninja really stretch their legs.

Ryuman

Nov 1, 2017
Considering the work Nomura put into reinterpreting Amano's designs across Dissidia, him working on this wouldn't really surprise me.

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't Nomura designs also be monster designs since he did a lot of famous creatures for the series? Maybe he redesigned some of them for this game specifically?

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Nomura hate in 2021, sheeesh. One day y'all grow up.

AGJTX

Jan 28, 2020
To be fair, the rumor is based on the idea that it will be in the original world or emulating that feeling. I really don't want Nomura designs recreating that world; just honor the Amano designs for the monsters at least.

Ultimately, I just hope this game will at least let me make a warrior of light and just allow me to make my Blackbelt or Red mage

Raigor

May 14, 2020
It's a TN looking game except with Nomura designs.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm legit sad now

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I mean it could just be Nomura's take on Amano's design like with Dissidia which didn't look that bad tbh. Team Ninja does a solid job with character models but their environments look really bad.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it feels more like an adventure as opposed to a mission based game where you pick locations off of a map.
I feel like short bite sized missions would suit a loot based game better than over an hour long stages but I could see them trying to do both. They already experimented in Nioh 2 with scrolls that could be turned into loot farming missions if needed and also keep longer story missions.

I more interested in what they do with the stages themselves. For people who never played Nioh, main missions in that game are very straight forward and to the point, even more so in Nioh 2. There are no boss set pieces or otherwise, there are no puzzles to solve; its go from point A to point B and fight a bunch of enemies and sometimes find keys to unlock doors.

It works for Nioh and I welcome it like that personally but idk if something as prestigious as FF would be ok with that kind of approach. I'd love to see them do more on that aspect of the game as it has been a slight criticism of both Nioh games.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
It shouldn't really be surprising considering Nomura has been working closely with Team Ninja with Dissidia NT designs

Nov 23, 2017
Nomura designs do pique my interest. I am THRILLED that there are multiple difficulty settings. Thank goodness. I really did not want to get frustrated trying to do the same things for all of an eternity. FFVIIR Hard Mode is the peak of difficulty I'd want, lmao.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Everybody who's mad about Nomura-style art...y'all realize Amano is like 70 and hasn't been an employee of Square Enix in almost two decades, right? He's not coming back to do the art design for a full game.

Who else were you expecting to do the character designs for this game? As far as I'm aware Roberto Ferrari walked away from Square after difficulties during XV's development process, and generally prefers to work WITH Nomura on stuff anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.