• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
FF1 is the perfect FF game to base a SOuls-like on. Between the huge lack of overt story in FF1 mixed with all the lore they added in Dissidia, it makes total sense.

Been working my way through Nioh again Recently to finish up the DLC, but I'm super in.

Deleted member 58141

user requested account closure
Banned
Jun 23, 2019
Is it going to have a bit more of the production values we associate with FF? Nioh has its own style, but graphically it isn't up there with SE's top tier stuff. Can we expect good graphics?

I would temper my expectations in this regard.

I also hope it's not all dark and drab, a lighthearted souls inspired game with cute aesthetics would be kinda new.

I agree with you it would've been more distinct that way, but it is dark. The darkest and most violent FF ever got.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe someday Square will have a crazy, revolutionary idea to make a new turn based Final Fantasy game.
Hopefully by making a sequel to this.
World-of-Final-Fantasy-01-HD.png

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Glad to read it will have easier difficulties. This was a no buy (for me) unless they included that.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Not into Souls or Nioh that much, but I'll give it a fair shake.

And that depends on how the reveal trailer & gameplay.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
I want FF ARPG so bad, fuck

Turn-based combat should stay in the 90s where it belongs, never mind the absurd idea of dedicating a high budget to something so dated. If it remains even in the niche segments, it's more than it deserves.

that's my hot take
literally the best selling RPG in the 2020s is turn-based

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
On paper it honestly doesn't excite me, but I'll reserve judgement 'til I get a glimpse of it.

I mainly just wanna know if it'll have a substantial story... I can get onboard with pretty much any battle system as long as it has that.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda sad that it is based on FF1 though since I find the designs for that game to be unpleasing compared to the rest.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Hope one day we'll get another tactics game from Square. The next Octopath is cool, but gotta get the king of FF, Ogre or Front Mission.

Eden-prime

May 21, 2020
The Nioh DNA is there, but please don't expect Nioh 3 or just Nioh with FF skin. It's mostly its own beast with very different systems and pace.

There're multiple difficulties.

At least there's character creation just like Nioh 2 right? I'm hype just thinking of how flexible the customization could be..

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
I have zero hope for anything with the Final Fantasy name on it so I'm not expecting much. Let's see I guess.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Im so excited for this!!! I actually don't know much about FF1's world.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I agree with you it would've been more distinct that way, but it is dark. The darkest and most violent FF ever got.

I remember being really impressed by how XV adapted the concept art of old FF enemies like Goblins and Nagas, they were legit terrifying, that would work wonders with a dedicated darker FF.

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018
I'm sort of more excited about this than ffxvi, granted I didn't see anything but I love Nioh so much, FF is starting to feel a bit stale the stories are not grabbing me and the gameplay leaves me wanting more. Ff has so many cool enemy designs and especially bosses that will look so cool in a proper souls-like, I hope square gives this a large budget too.

Zero-ELEC

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
If I take a look at XIV I have absolutly no concern regarding woman in XVI tbh. Which should be the point of comparison as its the same division.
Approach XIV with a critical eye. Heck, approach Heavensward with that eye, given it's after that that the team split. Heavensward has three female characters of note, in a cast of a dozen: Ysale, aka Lady Iceheart who:
Dies nobly but noone cares, contrasted with the another sacrifice by a male character.

The others are the Mongrel and the Lucia. All three are defined by their relationships to males in their lives, Ysale to Hraesvelgar, the Mongrel to her father, Lucia to Ser Aymeric.

That's it. That's the women.

Cjdamon042

Oct 28, 2017
Edinburgh

I'm getting more and more hyped! The idea I've had in my head in the last few days has been pretty dark, but also heavily Amano inspired. If they can somehow capture his artwork from the original game (as well as the early FFs in general), then I'm going to be super happy.

Reizzz

Jun 19, 2019
So if you're SE and you have FF16 and FF Origins to show at E3. Which game starts the show and which one ends it?

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
The Nioh DNA is there, but please don't expect Nioh 3 or just Nioh with FF skin. It's mostly its own beast with very different systems and pace.

There're multiple difficulties.
I'm in no matter what, Nioh DNA being there is a bonus though. Can't wait to learn more.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Another ff spinoff. Probably the 4th just this year. Gotta love this level of variety coming from square enix.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
He is talking about Pokemon.
That's the only turn based RPG moving millions of units

Status
Not open for further replies.