• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
According to YouTuber MrMattyPlays, Starfield might not launch in the first half of 2023.

"Starfield is getting a possible bump out of the first half because it's currently undated," MrMattyPlays said in the latest episode of Defining Duke podcast. He clarified that the delay is not significant and that Starfield should still release this summer. "Still [coming this] Summer but possibly [delayed] out of the first half"

YouTuber added that the source who revealed this information to him was spot on before. "This source is someone that I trust quite a bit and they've been very correct...nothing from that source has been wrong," Matty explained.

www.altchar.com

Starfield is possibly delayed out of H1 2023 but it's still targeting Summer release, it's claimed

Bethesda's mammoth Starfield might not launch in the first half of 2023 but it's still coming this Summer, according to the latest rumours.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
"Starfield is getting a possible bump out of the first half because it's currently undated," MrMattyPlays said in the latest episode of Defining Duke podcast.

Bro, everyone on Resetera has been saying this for months lol. This is a nothing-burger story. You might as well just cite one of us as a source and make a thread about a potential Starfield delay at this rate.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
I really don't see this game coming until after E3 anyways, also I don't really think this is a credible source but whatever.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
the rumor is hmm well could be hmm?
wouldn't shock me but i don't think there's anything here.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
I wouldn't be surprised if it was end of September (technically could be called Summer if it releases on 19th, lol), or even into Q4. Hell, wouldn't be surprised if it gets delayed into Q1 2023. Disappointed, but not surprised.

Mikch85

May 12, 2018
If MS has no big games for the holiday, they should just put Starfield there. Regardless of the game being ready sooner.

Embiid

Feb 20, 2021
I've always assumed it would get delayed to the Fall. It doesn't make sense releasing such a tentpole of a game in May or whatever. There's also Redfall around then. Starfield is either late Summer or Fall.

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
Why was I reading this headline like we was still in 2022? If it is delayed, I hope they polish it to a T

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
This was clearly always meant to be a large Fall release. No idea why people believed it would release in the first half of 23.

Why? If Zelda and other big titles can be other months why couldn't Starfield?

Nothing wrong with July, August or September. Might even be better if no other big title is scheduled.

I think some of this is riding on when Hellblade 2 migjt be coming as well

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
go get the leaker, todd

it's time to feast

927.jpg

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
the only "substantial" thing about this is he claims to hear this from some source that was apparently correct on KOTOR Remake stuff (dunno the connection between Starfield and KOTOR but..)

otherwise, it's a nothing burger. It'll either be pushed a bit further or not from June at the latest.

IMO we will have seen this separate Starfield show and hear any sort of potential delay by end of March.