Stef

Oct 28, 2017
Rome, Italy, Planet Earth
From the very same "insider" (eXtas1s) who correctly hinted at the Baten Kaitos remaster and the new Kojima game comes a rumor about Tango Gameworks working on two new games.

In detail, one of the games would be a JRPG, something new from the ex-Shinki Mikami team.

You can hear the "revelation" here:

Quite excited to see what's in the oven from Tango, as both Ghostwire Tokyo and Hi Fi Rush have been very nice games.

Last edited:

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Just don't see it happening
But I didn't see hi-fi rush happening either so

logash

Oct 27, 2017
More JRPGs are always a good thing. More Microsoft funded JRPGs are a miracle.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
The Evil Spirits Within

Tango is quickly becoming one of the more intriguing Xbox studios. Definitely interested in seeing what they could bring to the table in the JRPG space.

Dreamboum

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
John Johanas put a Xenogears reference in the year of our lord 2023 in a first party Xbox game. I believe it

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Might be kinda blasphemous but I don't really mind The Evil Within taking a break. I enjoyed 1 and 2 but both always felt like they could've been more than the sum of their parts.

So I'm all for new IPs coming out of Tango that could end up being high surprise like Hifi Rush quality wise.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Horror jrpg hopefully. Tango specialty seems to lend themselves into creating something similar to Shadow Hearts.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Not a big fan of the genre but if anyone can breathe some fresh air into it, it may be Tango. Both Ghoswire and Hi-Fi Rush dared to do unique and special things. Looking forward to seeing what they can do, if true.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Can we cool it with the clearly discriminatory genre labels? Clearly the J-word is not acceptable to Japanese devs, we should strive to be inclusive and not use open slurs like that.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
If so, god I hope it's a horror RPG like Shadow Hearts, Koudelka and Parasite Eve.

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to it. It's always a good idea to let creative teams pursue their next project, rather than run after sequels.

I hope MS can setup a structure that allows teams to try the next iteration of each other's projects.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Sure, why not. The Evil Within games sucked and Hi-Fi was great, so I'm good with them doing new things rather than making a third mediocre shooter with bad stealth mechanics.

Tailzo

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
Can we cool it with the clearly discriminatory genre labels? Clearly the J-word is not acceptable to Japanese devs, we should strive to be inclusive and not use open slurs like that.
Do you mean using "jrpg"? I only use it to shorten "japanese role playing game".

ALXJ

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Feb 16, 2021
it's a better idea for both microsoft and zenimax to have tango to develop RPGs. It is, by far, the genre that lacks the most on xbox. I really loved Hi-Fi Rush and liked Ghostwire a bit so I'm looking forward for sure

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This happening before Sony even thinks about doing another jrpg again is funny

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
I can totally see it happening, Ghostwire and Hi-fi Rush are completely distinct games and both are high-quality.

Streusel

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 28, 2017
they should make a shin megami tensei style game with the art direction/setting/production values(!!!) of ghostwire.
also, what an abysmal thumbnail

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
I believe in tango and will be there day 1

But if we are doing some dreaming I'd love them to style it like a more grown up blue dragon. They've shown they can do the art styles well and have compelling character designs and stories that develop quite the fan following. The other posters idea of a Ghostwire persona style game sounds hella cool too, that game makes me feel like I'm in an offshoot of JJK