• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
I'm genuinely sorry to all fable fans but this needs to get out there so dont get your hopes up this year

-The most current build of the new fable was deemed "unplayable" by most of the team

-Basically starting from scratch in Unreal, the old Forzatech version will never see the light of day.

-Forzatech version was about a quarter of the way done as of august 2022

-This new version of fable 4 in unreal is still very early, the new target window is Q4 of 2024

I was ready to write off this post but coincidentally we got this tweet on the same day:

View: https://twitter.com/andyplaytonic/status/1609966556997472262?s=46&t=eEzhToILNCKlwIt8A4NyHA

and Jez chimes in:

View: https://twitter.com/jezcorden/status/1610000144874831873?s=46&t=vWgp-vap0LBORFS2G-Vgyg

4chan is source

Last edited:

Alexious

Executive Editor for Games at Wccftech
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I'm sorry, but I can't believe they'd start from scratch and release in barely two years.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
To be clear, the source on this is 4chan?

And there's a likely-unrelated tweet from a more reliable source?

Zedelima

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Well i think is in some kind of dev hell but 100% rebooted? I think not
That being said, every time someone talks about this game it seems like they are in a deep dev hell lol

Sep 8, 2019
Unreal Engine to the rescue
spongebob-worship.gif

MykonosFan

Oct 25, 2017
This and Everwild were what I was curious about from Xbox. If true I guess I'll be waiting a while for both now, huh.

CliveLH

Jun 22, 2019
"-This new version of fable 4 in unreal is still very early, the new target window is Q4 of 2024"

Is the fake rumor guy actually trying to sell that Playground will develop an Unreal Engine version of their next game in 24 months ?

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Start from scratch and release in two years? Why do people believe the dumbest shit?

If it was rebooted for real it ain't releasing in two years and if it's releasing in two years they didn't start from scratch or changed engine.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Imo we shouldn't accept links to 4 chan here. Screenshot the key information or just post it as a second hand linlk on reddit or whatever. That thread on 4chan is full of some really vile and transphobic posts.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I feel that if they're genuinely starting over then Q4 2024 is too early. Though since I suppose that they may be carrying over a lot from the Forzatech version it may be reasonabe.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
I mean if they're switching engines mid-development and they manage to keep most of their assets (I'm speaking as a complete layman here), maybe I can see it releasing in 2025 but idk. Huge grain of salt and all that. 4chan makes a lot of shit up so I wouldn't read too much into it unless Schreier or some equivalent confirms it.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Ditch all the work they did and move to UE5 and have it out in a little under 2 years? Lol

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
I don't understand how MS struggles so much managing their studios when early on they didn't have all these problems.

Jul 10, 2020
Somebody might want to tell the hiring staff at Playground:

playground-games.com

Careers - Playground Games

As a team, we are passionate about quality and innovation and we’re always looking for great people who can help us push further. If that sounds like you, have a look below at all of the positions we currently have open at Playground. If you can’t see a position that’s right for you, we welcome...

WHAT YOU'LL DO:

• Work with 3D Studio Max and our custom, proprietary engine to plan and create world locations that closely support the project vision
  • Work closely with other disciplines, including members of the Narrative, Environment Art, Quest, and Game Design teams
  • Support the Level Design team by providing internal feedback, preparing documentation, and adopting a pro-active mindset

WHAT YOU'LL BRING:

Bxrz

Banned
Dec 18, 2020
Its 4chan.

I can go on there right now and say TOTK was delayed to add Mario as the main character...

Art_3

Banned
Aug 30, 2022
The state AAA game dev is right now is a time bomb,i don't think we'll survive the next gen.
Even if all consoles were gone tomorrow and we were left with PCs and game streaming it would still be broken.
And i don't think there is a solution

g.a.u

Oct 31, 2017
Its just the engine, everything they've done, model, texture, animation can all be reimport
2024 is likely

Markratos

Hermen Hulst's Secret Account
Feb 15, 2020
If it's true, Xbox Game Studios have been very unlucky with their game engines. I would focus only on Unreal for the future (Leaving Bethesda aside).

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
The source is 4chan and there is no corroboration.

Why was this thread even made.

AImalexia

Prophet of Truth
Aug 31, 2021
of course, reboot development, swap engines, retrain all staff and release the game in 2 years, doesn't sound dumb at all

Status
Not open for further replies.