• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
You mean the Gambit movie that has been stuck in production hell for years isn't going to get made? Whatttttt?

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Disney doesn't want their IP ruined more than they already are? Shocking.

Hell even New Murants will be lucky to get a release on Hulu

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, duh? Reynolds is going to be fine but the rest of it wasn't even out of pre-production so just scrap it, poop out New Mutants in 2000 theaters for a week and then ship it immediately to Hulu and bin this whole failureverse.

Oct 29, 2017
Wasn't much incentive to do those after the merger, so it's not too surprising.

I had zero faith in the Gambit movie being good anyway.

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Why wouldn't they do what needs to be done to get X-Force out the door?

None of these movies have actual production staffed up. They probably don't even have a working script let alone everything else. Disney takes over in under a month. Dark Phoenix and New Mutants have already spent their money, but they're not going to ramp up a production that will never actually start filming before another company comes in and shuts them down.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
It's going to really suck when Disney reboots Deadpool and recast him. Ugh.

Zero-ELEC

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
MĂ©xico
tenor.gif

Deleted member 40133

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
They'll keep Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool as it's succesful and no point in changing it. They'll try to keep hugh Jackman as well. Otherwise, it's all being torched and salted

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't want a Fox-made Doctor Doom film anyway. That film needs Feige.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Fox going out with 2 re-edited-to-hell-and-back focus tested nightmare projects a la Suicide Squad after they had such a good thing going with First Class, DOFP & Logan is a bummer, but I'm honestly just happy it's over.

GMM

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Deadpool is the only one that"s safe. Although I'm curious if Disney is interested in keeping the franchise R-rated.

I believe Bob Iger said last summer that they would be interested in having R-rated films under a sub marvel brand following the commercial success of Deadpool 1/2 and Logan, so I doubt they want to reboot what Deadpool is right now if it means losing a pretty safe earner.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I kind of been getting sick over the MCU and was more looking forward to some of these fox movies, at least they were starting to try something different

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I believe Bob Iger said last summer that they would be interested in having R-rated films under a sub marvel brand following the commercial success of Deadpool 1/2 and Logan, so I doubt they want to reboot what Deadpool is right now if it means losing a pretty safe earner.
They can bring back the Knights branding. Still with the MCU but with the edge.
hqdefault.jpg

2ndTuXx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hope they continue the Deadpool movies at least. Ryan is too good in the role for it to stop now

Oct 31, 2017
No shit. Now just cancel (or dump on Hulu/Disney+) Dark Phoenix and New Mutants after the deal closes in a few weeks and we're good.

EDIT: I do want a Dr. Doom solo movie though. Under Feige and friends. Vilain movies are the in thing now. Venom, Joker, Avengers: Thanos

Deadpool is the only one that"s safe. Although I'm curious if Disney is interested in keeping the franchise R-rated.

They will probably keep it R rated for the west and have a PG 13 version for China.

Question is how they'll distribute and label it. The usual Marvel Studios logo will definitely not show up and 20th Century Fox logo is probably going to get redone. Iger also said everything under Marvel, so my vote is for a Marvel MAX/Marvel Knights new logo for R rated content and give me my Ghost Rider and Punisher movie as well.

Marvel ain't bringing Hugh back, they want someone younger.

Hopefully someone shorter too. Fox done got Wolverine to be taller than Cable.

Last edited:

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Of course they were getting canned but glad to see that start to bubble up. We'll get official confirmation within the next couple months I imagine.

Oct 28, 2017
No shit. Now just cancel (or dump on Hulu/Disney+) Dark Phoenix and New Mutants after the deal closes in a few weeks and we're good.

EDIT: I do want a Dr. Doom solo movie though. Under Feige and friends. Vilain movies are the in thing now. Venom, Joker, Avengers: Thanos

They will probably keep it R rated for the west and have a PG 13 version for China.

Question is how they'll distribute and label it. The usual Marvel Studios logo will definitely not show up and 20th Century Fox logo is probably going to get redone. Iger also said everything under Marvel, so my vote is for a Marvel MAX/Marvel Knights new logo for R rated content and give me my Ghost Rider and Punisher movie as well.

Hopefully someone shorter too. Fox done got Wolverine to be taller than Cable.

Wolverine isnt supposed to be pretty but I doubt Disney will factor this into their casting decision anymore than the actors height.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
Reynolds Wilson will be fine. He is deadpool. Disney wouldn't be that dumb especially when marvel prints them money.

Everyone else us gone though.