• Total voters

Stef

Oct 28, 2017
Rome, Italy, Planet Earth
Newest Info
DEV_DIRECT_JANUARY2024_1.png

(Unofficial artwork created by Vico :p)

Old Info
User has seemingly posted about Nintendo and Sony events happening ahead of announcement as well. He was basically correct about the SOP on Sept 13th and the Nintendo Direct on Sept 14th, and then the Nintendo Direct back in June for that week. You can peep their post history.

Grain of salt, yada yada. Lock if Reddit.

I think many expected there to be a follow up Developer_Direct this year, like 2023, and presumably it will be announced Jan 16th for a release on Jan 18th or around there.

A rumor reported by Gaming Bolt:

View: https://twitter.com/GamingBoltTweet/status/1742544615150932375

It starts from this tweet/leak (yep, they used a ResetEra image but they state the the source is not that):

View: https://twitter.com/eXtas1stv/status/1742348810838249651

The "main suspect" for the shadow drop would be the game titled "KILN", a 2023 Microsoft trademark.

That could be interesting considering that it is some time that Microsoft does not have a show and that Hi-Fi Rush was released during 2023 Developer Direct.

UPDATE: more reports about a Xbox Developer Direct in the January 14th week.

View: https://twitter.com/InsiderGamingIG/status/1743363440905768968

Last edited by a moderator:

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Wait LMAO did they use my mock up from november in the tweet? Hahaha

DEV_DIRECT_JANUARY2024_1.png

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Well the last shadow drop ended up being the best Microsoft game not titled Forza Horizon in years so I'm keen.

Edit: Oh no

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Well if some random Twitter account said it, it must be true.

Anything on the track record of the source OP? What have they got right before? Why should we take this seriously?

OP
OP
Stef

Stef

Oct 28, 2017
Rome, Italy, Planet Earth
Anything on the track record of the source OP? What have they got right before? Why should we take this seriously?

I've seen that he reported about the release date of Baldur's Gate on Xbox and the release of the Baiten Kaitos collection before.

I don't know if this makes him a reliable leaker.

(from here)

(also, regardless of the image used he talks about "his sources" in his youtube channel... let's see).

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
This is one of those things where someone is perusing the OT here or is just stringing together recents like from Klobrille's prediction post and making something out of it. Nothing.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
He can't even commit to the shadow drop, says "we might see a game releasing soon after the Direct, but it may not be exactly like HiFi Rush, maybe several weeks after the show"

So he's predicting a direct at the start of 2023 (no date, week, or even month specified) that will maybe, maybe not include a shadow drop.

this is nothing lol

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
If Gamingbolt is listening... This is the direct:

Call of Duty Gulf War reveal
Forza Watersport
Scalebound 2
Fable Legends Returns
Wolfenstein 3 shadowdrop

MarcelloF

"This guy are sick"
Dec 9, 2020
Going by the the Twitter translate, the image isn't the rumor, they just used it because it looked nice. The rumor comes from something they allegedly heard.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018

JGrdnsn

May 1, 2023
The D_D is easy for me to believe and I hope they do because I liked the format of the first one so much that I even watched some of the segments for games I didn't care about.

Skeptical of the shadow drop part. I'm not even sure if it would be a good idea for them to do that again because if they go 2/2 then it wouldn't be surprising for people to make that an expectation moving forward.

Streusel

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Dec 28, 2017
i believe him. i think his track record is ok. anyway, it's not hard to guess this is happening.

GamerEDM

May 7, 2020
so how legit is this "leaker"?

anyways looking forward to seeing Hellblade 2 , towerborne , & whatever they shadow drop . Not expecting to see Avowed until the Summer showcase.

Last edited:

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
No idea about the shadowdrop, but I can definitely see the Direct happening. ESO have confirmed their usual January reveal for this year's expansion is definitely happening, and last year that was folded into Xbox's first Developer Direct. Very good chance that becomes a routine January event.

If anyone wants to know what ESO's Chapter will be this year (yes, all three of you), it's been datamined to be set around the city of Skingrad, in Cyrodiil, and with a strong Bosmer focus too (Skingrad's region borders northern Valenwood).

Brainfreeze

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
Kiln has been a rumored Double Fine project for years btw. The prototype they made for Amnesia Fortnight is in one of their documentaries.

If there's any credence to the rumor at all, it's not Killer Instinct.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Klin is the double fine multiplayer game I think. Cool, curious how the final version looks since it was on those documentaries.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
I'm ready for any gaming event. I remember an Xbox producer saying in November she was working on something special for Xbox.