• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 873

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
So, Busters launched in South Korea, and then, in its credits...

DbYF3X9XUAAB9rK.jpg

(source: https://twitter.com/yokaiwatch_es/status/987983622786506752)

Nintendo of America is credited for its localization. Why would they do that if they were not working on it themselves? Are we looking into an E3 announcement?

I don't know, lock if it's not that much of an indicator, but to me this is clear.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Level 5 has been all talk when it comes to doing things themselves. for a while I thought L5 licensed the localization themselves while Nintendo did publishing.

OP
OP

Deleted member 873

Oct 25, 2017
Level 5 has been all talk when it comes to doing things themselves. for a while I thought L5 licensed the localization themselves while Nintendo did publishing.
I hope they changed their minds.

They would have to localize Layton, YW, Inazuma AND NEW IPS. That seems a tad much. Let Nintendo do some of it.

RockyMin

Oct 27, 2017
That would be awesome if they announced this and YW3 at E3. 3DS will be alive and well in 2019.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they changed their minds.

They would have to localize Layton, YW, Inazuma AND NEW IPS. That seems a tad much. Let Nintendo do some of it.
L5 is moving towards multiplat with some of their IPs. Inazuma Eleven is on PS4 and Mobile, so Nintendo can't do that one. YW4 is only switch right now, so maybe that?

Oct 25, 2017
Saw this yesterday on Discord. I'm surprised Nintendo still did the localization.

Please announce it soon! E3 is still so far. At least a mini-Direct? Or just a surprise trailer release? Just something

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Busters became the reason I was playing YW2 on a daily basis after the end game. Not sure whether I'd buy a game focused on that, though.

YW3 should come, though, because it looks a step ahead with respect to the previous two games!

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I hope they announce it and YW3 soon. With YW4 coming to Switch in just a few months, we're super behind with localization.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I'm not sure why they would announce it at E3 when it will likely get overshadowed by everything else there.

I hope this is a respectful localisation and not an Americanisation like the last one.

Oct 25, 2017
They should announce both Busters and 3. They're different enough.

They still need to also release Busters 2 and then 4. They could probably put the former on Switch since it runs the same engine as The Snack World.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
Yokai Watch Busters
At this time of 2018
At this time of 3DS' lifespan
Localised entirely by Nintendo of America

OP
OP

Deleted member 873

Oct 25, 2017
They should announce both Busters and 3. They're different enough.

They still need to also release Busters 2 and then 4. They could probably put the former on Switch since it runs the same engine as The Snack World.
That's what I'm thinking. Busters should be out soon and then a random "Spring 2019" release date for YW3

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
2 killed any interest I had in this franchise, but I am a sucker, so I may still try this game if it is indeed being localized/released here. The fact that it's NOT like the main series in terms of gameplay is actually a huge bonus imo.

OP
OP

Deleted member 873

Oct 25, 2017
2 killed any interest I had in this franchise, but I am a sucker, so I may still try this game if it is indeed being localized/released here. The fact that it's NOT like the main series in terms of gameplay is actually a huge bonus imo.
2 is... 1 with steroids.

3 is clearly a new game. :} But I don't know what to tell you if you didn't like its gameplay. I don't know if 3 changes it that much.

Oct 29, 2017
Not that outlandish, it's standard practice for Level 5 to release late localisations, even well into a system's twilight years (look at the Inazuma Eleven games on DS); and Nintendo is still actively supporting the 3DS into 2019. The games are moderately successful in Europe and Nintendo are keen to keep the 3DS alive for as long as possible.

I'd expect Busters this year and then Yo-kai Watch 3 in 2019. Maybe Busters 2 that year as well. I really doubt we'll get Yo-kai Sangokushi though (yes, we got Pokemon Conquest, but this crossover is probably too niche).

Snack World will probably hit in 2019 on both 3DS and Switch simultaneously as well; if not, then early 2020.

Then Yo-kai Watch 4 in 2020 on Switch as Level 5 finally moves away from 3DS.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sure Nintendo will bring the remaining Yo-kai Watch games over. They're clearly still invested in the 3DS at least until 2019.
I'm still hoping NOA/NOE grab the 3DS versions of MHXX and DQXI honestly. Unlikely but not impossible.

Treehouse themselves used to do Layton (1-6), Yokai Watch (1-2) and some random others (LBX, Fantasy Life) iirc. I'm not sure about the Inazuma Eleven games though, maybe that was only done by the EFIGS group in Frankfurt? They also did their own english retranslations for Layton actually, and the American PLvsAA even just used the UK script iirc since Treehouse was busy with Layton 6.

Level 5 was given pretty royal treatment imo, not many 3rd party games get Treehouse localizations. This has me wondering who did Katrielle though? I doubt Nintendo spent their internal resources on a mobile-first release. Did Treehouse do YW2.5 too?

Oct 29, 2017
Treehouse themselves used to do Layton (1-6), Yokai Watch (1-2) and some random others (LBX, Fantasy Life) iirc. I'm not sure about the Inazuma Eleven games though, maybe that was only done by the EFIGS group in Frankfurt? They also did their own english retranslations for Layton actually, and the American PLvsAA even just used the UK script iirc since Treehouse was busy with Layton 6.

Level 5 was given pretty royal treatment imo, not many 3rd party games get Treehouse localizations. This has me wondering who did Katrielle though? I doubt Nintendo spent their internal resources on a mobile-first release. Did Treehouse do YW2.5 too?

Katrielle's Mystery Journey was done by Level 5's new internal localisation group, Level 5 abby; I believe it was their first project.

OP
OP

Deleted member 873

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still hoping NOA/NOE grab the 3DS versions of MHXX and DQXI honestly. Unlikely but not impossible.

treehouse did 2.5, i believe

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Katrielle's Mystery Journey was done by Level 5's new internal localisation group, Level 5 abby; I believe it was their first project.
Ah, good to know. They're rumored to be doing The Snack World now too iirc (3DS? Switch? Both?).

treehouse did 2.5, i believe
Good to know, that means they probably did Busters too. It'll be interesting to see how future localizations shake out between NOA Treehouse and L5 abby.

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017
I havent picked up part 2 yet because I dont know the differences between the versions? Can someone kind of enlighten me here? I would prefer the more challenging version.

Heart_Attack

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Nice timing, with Dollar Tree/99 Cent Stores dumping Yokai Watch merch. What a horrible investment by them.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unless they're packaging Busters 1 & 2 into one game, that's not happening.

There will be releases in 2019, maybe even 2020 if Level 5 is particularly slow.
Yokai Watch is on a new system this summer. there's no point in drawing out the 3DS games. either 3 happens this year, or it doesnt happen at all. waiting on it would kill YW4 in the west by its lateness

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP

Deleted member 873

Oct 25, 2017
South Korean version includes english then? Nice.

Yeah I was gonna link this too, it's been largely ignored probably due to coming from a spanish source.

It's great to know at least Busters seems to be already finished though.

BTW a third season has been known for a while because they recasted everyone to cut costs

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
NOA has localized games that have only appeared in other regions before. Hamtaro: Rainbow Rescue is one of them.

This may mean nothing.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I havent picked up part 2 yet because I dont know the differences between the versions? Can someone kind of enlighten me here? I would prefer the more challenging version.

I did some research because I was in the same boat.

Yokai 2 is a sequel that serves as a remix of Yokai 1, the game starts as if this is the first game in the series and acts as if the first game didn't happen and characters don't remember what happened, they are having deja-vu's from the first game but later do recall what happened in the first game. It's weird. Long story short, you can play 2 without having played the first one since soft reboots the game.

For the different versions of 2 it's pretty simple, Fleshy Souls and Bony Spirits are like Pokemon Red and Blue, either of them have a couple exclusive Yokai, Yokai Psychic Specters is the Pokemon Crystal in which it has both versions in one plus extra story content. So if you wanna hop on board, Psychic Spectres is the way to go.

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017
Yokai 2 is a sequel that serves as a remix of Yokai 1, the game starts as if this is the first game in the series and acts as if the first game didn't happen and characters don't remember what happened, they are having deja-vu's from the first game but later do recall what happened in the first game. It's weird. Long story short, you can play 2 without having played the first one since soft reboots the game.
I was not expecting that. What a weird sequel. Thanks for the research.