Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f65514265367169776c534d5f42773d3d2d3731343539363536392e313539316331326135363133346537363839373030323030323233332e676966
lmao

ThePhoque

Jun 6, 2018
Novigrad
If they're going to do another SoP, Then why not just show Death Stranding in it too? why show it a day earlier? what's the point?

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
Sadly, or not, we are still in Spain.
And well, looking at how the events are happening I'm going to post again my absolute disgust about spanish media and believing their rumours again

I think it was Villarejo that spilled the beans XD

Him or Boye playing counter-intelligence to make them look bad :P

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I struggled for a long time with survivin' rumour threads. And you- No matter what you gotta keep finding something to hope for.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
modiz Do you have any insight into how serious Sony is towards SOP over the long term?
Just to clarify i dont know anything about sony's plans so i apologize if my post confused you.
but look, state of play episode 2 was recieved very positively (based off views, likes, twitter reactions, era reactions etc.) and they already confirmed a third episode sometime this year.
the reason why episode 2 was recieved well is mainly for the rereveal of FF7R (and Monster Hunter fans getting a first look at Iceborne also did good), so what i hope they take from this is they need big announcements, or alternatively show big games that people are waiting for.
and if i am right, then the last of us part 2 release date should be the next big thing for a state of play episode hopefully. what i am worried of is that sony will only utilize their third party "megatons" for these episodes and keep the big FP games to their own stuff, but i want this to be more like nintendo where everything gets in.
well, we will see what lessons do sony takes in the future.

one thing i did notice. Predator reveal got a lot more views than i was expecting (more than a million on the main playstation channel). even though its only a CGI teaser. wonder what this means for the future episodes.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just to clarify i dont know anything about sony's plans so i apologize if my post confused you.
but look, state of play episode 2 was recieved very positively (based off views, likes, twitter reactions, era reactions etc.) and they already confirmed a third episode sometime this year.
the reason why episode 2 was recieved well is mainly for the rereveal of FF7R (and Monster Hunter fans getting a first look at Iceborne also did good), so what i hope they take from this is they need big announcements, or alternatively show big games that people are waiting for.
and if i am right, then the last of us part 2 release date should be the next big thing for a state of play episode hopefully. what i am worried of is that sony will only utilize their third party "megatons" for these episodes and keep the big FP games to their own stuff, but i want this to be more like nintendo where everything gets in.
well, we will see what lessons do sony takes in the future.

one thing i did notice. Predator reveal got a lot more views than i was expecting (more than a million on the main playstation channel). even though its only a CGI teaser. wonder what this means for the future episodes.
Gotcha, and thank you for the post!
I am with you because I want State of Play to be an ongoing format for big and small game reveals. Death Stranding not being in one was already a bit of a bummer, though I put that down to Kojima (like Pokemon usually does its own things separately from Nintendo Directs).
The last State of Play was actually pretty good IMO, it seemed to me like Sony addressed a lot of the feedback about pacing and announcements from the first one in the second episode, so I am hopeful for the format. Hopefully even if not this week, in the long run, TLOU2, GOT, and DS all get featured prominently in an SOP.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Gotcha, and thank you for the post!
I am with you because I want State of Play to be an ongoing format for big and small game reveals. Death Stranding not being in one was already a bit of a bummer, though I put that down to Kojima (like Pokemon usually does its own things separately from Nintendo Directs).
The last State of Play was actually pretty good IMO, it seemed to me like Sony addressed a lot of the feedback about pacing and announcements from the first one in the second episode, so I am hopeful for the format. Hopefully even if not this week, in the long run, TLOU2, GOT, and DS all get featured prominently in an SOP.
to the defense of kojima, he was still in the middle of making the trailer while State of Play 2 happened (and the episode needed to happen back then to hype up square enix's show), so i guess he was just not ready in time.
but yea, they just need to accept the biggest and sometimes even the smallest games could co exist in the same show and i would love to see that.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
To be fair I still think it's 2019, but a SoP the day after Death Stranding makes no sense. Do it next week or the day after E3

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Legion de Jugadores se acaba dispararse en el sus pie.

No se cuanto saben los demas sobre la cultura espanola (soy un experto), pero el honor y la verguenza son partes muy importantes. No es como en los Estados Unidos, donde puedes tener exito si eres un cabron. Si arruinas a alguien en Espana, te averguenzas, y la unica forma de deshacerte de esa verguenza es arrepentirte.

Lo que esto significa, es que el publico espanol, despues de enterarse de esto, no querra visitar sus sitio web comprar nunca mas. Esto es ENORME. Puedes reirte todo lo que quieras, pero Legion ha alienado a toda una comunidad de jugadores.

Legion, disculpese publicamente o puede despedirse de sus negocios.

I wish my spanish was better :/

Lmao, post of the month.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Nah, if the following SoP are as bad as the previous ones, I don't see people getting any hyped tbh. Nintendo Directs are hype because, you know, some times there are big announcements that make us being hyped for the next one.

The fuck are you talking about? The first State of Play was awesome for VR, and the second State of Play had Final Fantasy VII Remake. 'Nuff said.

ThePhoque

Jun 6, 2018
Novigrad
Same reason they didn't mention Dreams early access in SoP only to announce it days later.

I got your point but imo DS is (Obviously) a bigger title compared to Dreams... So it deserves a dedicated time in that Event, not just a random trailer out of nowhere !

pretty much but seeing the Nioh trailer not be in the last one and Sony being well Sony lol

I mean what even is the purpose of this show lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.