Status
Not open for further replies.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Link

Alleged playtester and Discord member Orangee, who has previously leaked information related to Gravity Rush projects, including details regarding the upcoming movie based on the series, has now shared that a MediEvil 2 remake has been in development at Other Ocean Interactive since the year 2021, and that it is slated for release in May, 2024.

This doesn't come as particularly surprising, given how the original MediEvil remake was also developed by Other Ocean Interactive. As with the previous title, the MediEvil 2 remake will likely be released on both PS4 and PS5, with the latter receiving further enhancements over the previous-gen version.

Imagine getting another MediEvil Remake (if true) over anything Ape Escape

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Wild choice for a remake if true. I feel like the original came and went, and no one really talks about the sequel in the first place.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Hope it's true, 2 has been ignored WAY too long.

Fucking 5 different ways to play Medievil 1 and nothing for 2 lol.

Also for the "But Why?", I imagine having already did the work on 1 allows for a lot of 2 to be done easier.
Would NOT be surprised to see this being a PS4 and PS5 title and and a cheaper release (to go along with the shadow drop).

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not going to complain about more MediEvil, though it is a bit weird as a May release, I feel a September/October release would fare the title better to fit the Halloween season (Don't do November though, too many other big games come out around that time that the game get's drowned out by the competition)

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Medievil is great. If true, (huge "if true" because I don't see Sony putting resources into this, but who knows) I suppose they realized that no matter what they do for marketing, it won't sell much more than the first remake anyway. So you might as well shadow drop it to also have the "Nintendo Direct shadow drop" moment.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I'm not going to complain about more MediEvil, though it is a bit weird as a May release, I feel a September/October release would fare the title better to fit the Halloween season (Don't do November though, too many other big games come out around that time that the game get's drowned out by the competition)
This is where I'm at with it too. Like hell yeah if true, but they should just go all in on the ridiculously easy Halloween marketing to get people more excited than shadow drop it in a month like May

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
Medievil 2 would be great, and it would only be fair to get the sequel since we have Medievil PS1, Medievil PSP, Medievil Remake, and Medievil PS1 version within the Remake on PS4/5.

Nov 19, 2019
Imagine getting another MediEvil Remake (if true) over anything Ape Escape
I hadn't considered this but that IS weird.

Like, MediEvil was never as successful as Ape Escape, was it? I think lots of people aren't even aware that there was ever a 2nd game.

Not complaining: I don't need to play Ape Escape again, just musing about how these mid/low tier revivals are decided.

Syne

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Feb 5, 2023
UK
I've got the full title leak exclusively for you guys. It's going to be called:

MediEvil 2bad it's actually another remake of 1 suckers

Oct 30, 2017
This is such a strange decision. I actually enjoyed the sequel much more than the original back in the day so I am sure I will pick this up eventually.

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
On the one hand, this might explain why you can play MediEvil, MediEvil and MediEvil on the PS4/5 but not the sequel, because they've been working on a remake.

But on the other hand, if someone explained that decision as "because, Sony" I'd also totally understand.

Either way, I liked the first, never played the second so I'll be there day one if it's true. Always have time for games and IPs either from or reminiscent of Sony's past.

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
Hope it's true, 2 has been ignored WAY too long.

Fucking 5 different ways to play Medievil 1 and nothing for 2 lol.

Also for the "But Why?", I imagine having already did the work on 1 allows for a lot of 2 to be done easier.
Would NOT be surprised to see this being a PS4 and PS5 title and and a cheaper release (to go along with the shadow drop).

You beat me to it. I imagine the MediEvil 1 remake wasn't exactly an expensive game to produce, and the sequel could benefit from a lot of the leg work done on the prior entry.

It's not like voice acting is going to rack up the production budget, anyway.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I've got the full title leak exclusively for you guys. It's going to be called:

MediEvil 2bad it's actually another remake of 1 suckers

8n7mpj.jpg

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Hope so, I do love this series, I lost hope for a sequel after how 1 did though, and honestly a little disappointed if OtherOcean is working on it again, unless they've learnt some lessons from 1. I think it was just too janky.
The big hope is after this, they look into MediEvil 3 O.O
I'd love a new Sly game too, it feels there are the types of games we don't see from them much anymore, would love to see more of them, would help to fill the gaps between their major releases.

ForthU

Oct 27, 2017
"Unlikely old Sony IP getting revived" rumor & leaker with no track record, name a more iconic duo

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
I hope so, I've appreciated the Medievil remake even without ever playing the OG (if not briefly on emulators), I hope they will use the same approach of chunkiness, it fits the game.

Menome

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Medievil 2 does a big boney dance over Ape Escape, so I'll be over the moon if this is true. Hopefully they'll rejig the boxing-match segment to not be quite so difficult.

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
I just personally can't see Playstation green lighting something like this but I would love to be wrong.

NANA

Oct 26, 2017
Really? Of all the old IPs you have you're going with this one, again? :/

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
IIRC the original remake flopped so badly so why even bother doing the remake for the second game? EA deemed Dead Space remake not selling enough so they scrapped the other projects and this is a smaller game yet they still gamble with its outcome?

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
Every time there is a rumor for a playstation event of some kind there's always "something something will be revealed at this showcase" You know what unless it's people that have been right multiple times and I mean more then twice, if not then might as well treat it as nonsense.

LinkSlayer64

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2018
DO IT
God, I miss Sir Dan SO MUCH.
Literally the only PS4 game I own, one day I will buy a PS4 just to play the remake.

(unless it comes to PC)

There is something so fun about Medievil that I just cant place, the looseness of the game is a turn off for many, but I love it. It's like a casual ghost and goblins for me.

I want a new game in the series that plays the same, but I would kill for some sort of Medievil type roguelike... like hades... ohhhhh could be so fun. and the visuals would be beautiful!

"We're proud to announce that we're making Tony Hawk 1, 2, 3, and 4 available on PSN today. As a means to side-step music licensing issues, we're going to be replacing every song with MediEvil's OST!"

Medievil 1's OST slaps, Dan's Waltz is amazing

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal

Even assuming this is true, slated for May |= shadow drop.

The original Medievil 2 came out May 9th, 2000 in North America.

It's the perfect time to either announce it or release it or just celebrate the franchise.

Winston1

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
IIRC the original remake flopped so badly so why even bother doing the remake for the second game? EA deemed Dead Space remake not selling enough so they scrapped the other projects and this is a smaller game yet they still gamble with its outcome?
The remake actually sold fairly well in Europe, which tracks for the series. The franchise was only ever really successful in Europe.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.