• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
leak.png

Nintendo-Switch-Lite-Mini-1561970534-0-0.png

Source: https://gonintendo.com/stories/338995-rumor-switch-mini-accessory-from-bigben-leaked

Looks cool.

ladyluthien

Oct 25, 2017
I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't put a traditional d-pad for this rumored model. Please have a d-pad!

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
... Am I crazy, or does this imply the sticks will be (abysmal) like the new 3DS nubs?

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Dang it I already have a Nintendo Switch lol! So why am I getting really hyped for this and want to buy it?

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
There's no reason for a button d-pad without detachable joy-cons
Come on, they're not going to leave the D pad like that if there aren't joycons... right?
Probably to keep the branding similar across every model. 4 buttons each side represents Switch and I really doubt Nintendo will want to change that.

Control_Switch.jpg

Sort of how the notch currently represents the iPhone. You recognize the following as an iPhone and not a generic phone:

2YZd00A.jpg

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So besides being smaller what were the rumors surrounding this? No gyro, docking, and rumble?

What about that "Pro" or whatever model?

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
There's no reason for a button d-pad without detachable joy-cons
That d-pad depresses me so much.
I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't put a traditional d-pad for this rumored model. Please have a d-pad!
if the dpad on a switch mini with non-detachable control is still like that i would laugh so hard.

Again, please look at the case. The opening below the left control stick is a circle, meaning it is more likely for a full D-Pad.

Nov 8, 2017
This is like a day old. But let me just say that "mini SWITCH. 2" is such poor branding that this might just be real.

Karish

Oct 25, 2017
What about this looks new? You could show me this and say it was for the current switch and I would have zero reason to doubt you. Am I missing something obvious?

polyrizumu

May 15, 2018
I'm in, but the lack of "Pro" model leaks makes me think that model is coming later (which is the one I want :/)

Also RE: the "Mini Switch 2" name, I work in telecommunications and our accessory suppliers always assign their own names to new models because they don't know the final retail name

I'd imagine this is probably a similar sitch

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
The mock-up doesn't match the image. On the left of the case there is a clear hole cut for a dpad. On the right it's just a large circle. Could still be a proper dpad....

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
Couldn't care less for a Switch mini. Give me a Switch Pro. It's already as portable and versatile as it needs to be.

Give us games that don't cut our eyes with Jaggies.

Switch Pro with BoTW Patch as it's premier title.

Much like the Witcher's environments, any bump in resolution helps IMMENSELY.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Couldn't care less for a Switch mini. Give me a Switch Pro. It's already as portable and versatile as it needs to be.

Give us games that don't cut our eyes with Jaggies.

Switch Pro with BoTW Patch as it's premier title.

Much like the Witcher's environments, any bump in resolution helps IMMENSELY.

As someone who frequently plays games with my wife and getting the Pokemon Sword/Shield double pack, a Switch mini would be huge for us. That way we could play at the same time, using each handheld Switch, and dock the system at home for TV play.

This is also probably a big deal for kids who want to pick up the new Pokemon games, but their parents don't want to drop $300 on a new home console. Put this out for $200 and it will sell like hotcakes.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Yes. They probably hit the jackpot with Switch concept.

With virtually no competition in the market, they can keep going with the Switch as an established brand like Playstation and XBox.

Not to mention they're still the only company with a dedicated gaming handheld on the market, with the added bonus of it also being a home console.

Plus it's enticing competition if the PS5/Scarlett end up being $500-600 as expected.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the 2 mustn't imply anything other than it's the next revision. this is the company that launched a successor to their hugely popular DS, the 3ds, that played games in 3d, then launched a 2ds that played 3ds games in 2d, then launched a new 3ds that played exactly three games, then launched a new 2ds, then dropped 3D support entirely from their own first party software.

communication to consumers is sometimes not their strong suit.