• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Marus

Alt account
Banned
Aug 6, 2022
Someone is getting sued

I'd be shocked if there was a PS4 and One version of the game. Especially with two years out.

Those screenshots look good but it's clear GTAV is the base and that's probably for the testing and physics.

Prompto

Oct 25, 2017
I'll say, looking a bit more into the source code, as long as the leaker doesnt post much more than that I wouldnt worry about impacts to development.

For the most part it seems like a pretty standard code, mostly for flagging players actions, it doesnt really show you how the engine works it through at all.
That's good to hear. Hope that's the case

CheapJi

Apr 24, 2018
If the rumours are true then this game is still 2 years out so I dont think there will be a PS4/XBO version.

Which now that I think about it we will never see what a GTA game would look like that is made specifically for the PS4/XBO and dont mention GTAV since that was a PS3/360 game.
Some 2024 games are cross gen. latest one being "like a dargon 8" (yakuza 8).

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Wtf....I think someone asked the hacker to leak some code to use against Take Two in an active court case.

GTA 6 (Americas) leak - 90+ .mp4 footage/videos

Hi, Here are 90 footage/clips from GTA 6. Its possible i could leak more data soon, GTA 5 and 6 source code and assets, GTA 6 testing build.

Any ideas what this might be referring to?
Wow. The hacker is just on there randomly searching the source code for people and posting screencaps like it's a reddit AMA or something. That is some crazy shit.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Miami Beach metro map lines up with the Vice City one

d7z0Klu.png

Last edited:

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man it's happening. I've been wanting modern day Vice City since I was in fucking high school.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Wow. The hacker is just on there randomly searching the source code for people and posting screencaps like it's a reddit AMA or something. That is some crazy shit.
I wouldn't put it past Rockstar to attempt to shut down that forum outright with all the shit being posted, phew.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Wtf....I think someone asked the hacker to leak some code to use against Take Two in an active court case.

GTA 6 (Americas) leak - 90+ .mp4 footage/videos

Hi, Here are 90 footage/clips from GTA 6. Its possible i could leak more data soon, GTA 5 and 6 source code and assets, GTA 6 testing build.

Any ideas what this might be referring to?

Weird.

It's just about the worst thing that can happen to a game, actually. When a developer makes their game or their tools open source, you can see how everything is made, and edit anything therein as a result. Communities do this to build on abandoned games. Many developers do not do this for lots of reasons too, as this exposes so much of the underpinnings of the game to hackers, exposing coding techniques, and lots of the behind-the-scenes stuff that stays hidden to protect the game and game engine's integrity.

Not sure how bad the code post is in that respect, but just think of it like this: once the source code to SM64 was decompiled, fans actually made a fully functional PC version of the game.

Thanks for the explanation...yeah I knew the gist of what source code means as far as it being the underlying spine of an engine, how access to that means exploit vulnerability, trade secrets, proprietary engine stuff etc, I was more curious if the amount leaked in this specific case meant anything as for potential amount of damage but I guess that's impossible to know unless you are working on the game.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Some stuff looks really impressive even in this early WIP alpha.
Also both main characters looks niice! It's Rockstar so that was something to be expected.
What a huge leak, holy crap!

GTA-VI-leak-part-2-720x480-1092-K.gif

Risev

Oct 27, 2017
Wait is this targetting next year for release? Wasn't there a leak saying this was targetting 2025/2026 or am I remembering wrong?

xtib81

Mar 10, 2019
Wait, so you're telling me it's gonna release on old gen too ? In like 2024?? Ffs, are they ever gonna drop those old ass machines or what?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Damn, one hell of a thing to leak. That'll change the mood inside Rockstar and Take Two. Feel bad for those affected by the aftermath.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Some stuff looks really impressive even in this early WIP alpha.
Also both main characters looks niice! It's Rockstar so that was something to be expected.
What a huge leak, holy crap!

GTA-VI-leak-part-2-720x480-1092-K.gif

That has to be the most realistic crawling animation I've seen. RAGE still putting in work. Didn't R* drop Euphoria or the latter stopped licensing it out? If so doesn't seem to have hindered GTA6 at all.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck, could dethrone TLOU2 leak as the biggest fuck up ever.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
If the rumours are true then this game is still 2 years out so I dont think there will be a PS4/XBO version.

Which now that I think about it we will never see what a GTA game would look like that is made specifically for the PS4/XBO and dont mention GTAV since that was a PS3/360 game.
Unfortunately there are some 2024 cross gen titles, which sucks because if there's a dev that could squeeze these console's true potential is R*
Still I can see them making magic

Marus

Alt account
Banned
Aug 6, 2022
Rockstar do what you gotta do to put an end to this. BUT JUST KNOW I LOVE WHAT I'M SEEING

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
Thing is, I could see the game launching on old gen hardware with massively reduced settings, 720p, and 30/20 FPS considering how watch dogs 2 fit on those consoles. With highly cut down settings, I can see it fitting in drive access limits of the PS4/XO1 and the rest just fits in.

Jaychrome91

Nov 4, 2018
It's 4:00am in Miami and I can't sleep. This GTA 6 leak has kept me up lol. Someone please leak the full map. I wanna see how big it is.

Oct 31, 2017
So watching some more of the footage, it definitely feels like it's building upon stuff from V.

Looks like there might be more of a focus on robbery, especially what looks like smaller scale stuff like store stick-ups. Maybe this will be the game where they finally make money and earning it feel more impactful/rewarding and "hard earned", with a bunch of avenues to accrue it. Been fantasizing about this kind of thing since Vice City, so it'd be fitting for this to finally been when they took this aspect to the level they've hinted at all these years.

There looks to be a character inventory and a shared inventory. There's a weapon wheel, but I wonder with the inventory breakout if that means that there's more of a realistic inventory "limit" ala Red Dead II. Another thing that makes me think this is them slinging weapons along their backs visibly, like MP3 and RDRII.

The looks at character swapping makes me think they might realize GTA V's multiple character and swapping premise. Where maybe you can finally have the two characters together and be able to swap between them seamlessly. Prior to V's release, they kind of made it seem like you could get the three guys together and just bounce around them. But then that never really was truly how it worked; that the swapping was a lot of smoke and mirrors and you couldn't really have all three together much and freely jump between them.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Pre-alpha and the police AI already looks better than Cyberpunk's 💀
Looks like there might be more of a focus on robbery, especially what looks like smaller scale stuff like store stick-ups. Maybe this will be the game where they finally make money and earning it feel more impactful/rewarding and "hard earned", with a bunch of avenues to accrue it. Been fantasizing about this kind of thing since Vice City, so it'd be fitting for this to finally been when they took this aspect to the level they've hinted at all these years.
There's an entire segment in the gameplay debug menu devoted to robbery, I reckon it's definitely going to be a major part of the game. From sticking up liquor stores, robbing containers at ports to even stuff like kidnapping for ransom. They brought forward RDR2's carry body mechanic and I don't think that's for no reason.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
There is so much hidden in these videos. I see missions called dead husband disposal. There was an editor for sports, one for missions and it said "criminal enterprises", "standard mission", "robbery" and so on. I see commands for a raccoon to steal food and rummage in the trash. I see locations labeled overtown safe house and high rise, overtown is a real neighborhood in Miami.

The strip club in the game is called jack of hearts or something and in Miami we have a strip club called King of Diamonds, so it's definitely modeled after that. I saw a building with art that is practically identical to a real one I pass on my commute to work every day. The marlins stadium has banners that call them the Mambas.

There is basketball, fishing, street races, car wash, yacht racing. I see something for "Scarface crime scene", "dead bungee jumper" "Everglades plane crash yacht safe" "rum bottle shipwrecks". Seems like missions or side missions involving "miss tourists" "sniped victims apartment" "dancer mystery" "cop trap" "bayside jumper". I see locations for satanic house. Seems like some puzzles there is sand sphinx, message in a bottle, and a bird cage clue

Lol "Far Right Militia" oh shit we fight MAGA people.

Last edited:

noffles

Nov 10, 2017
considering how close rockstar usually keep their cards to their chest this is an insane moment but i just can't look away

Oct 27, 2017
This is why leaks suck. STOP LEAKING.

It's one thing to leak old ass builds like Duke Forever 2001... but new ones? This will cause a big problem