• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Munki

Apr 30, 2019
Yeah, it's hugely disappointing that the PlayStation 5's specs were officially announced in this thread and that they're so low.

Pre-order cancelled, I'll see what Sony has to offer for generation 10 in 2027.

TBF they are aiming for 12TF, how close they get to that remains to be seen. That being said, I'm pretty sure both consoles will be razor thin close in regards to power.

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
Both top end consoles will be similar in specs. Insiders have already said this so everyone calm down. Ana aiming for 12TF means great things.

Deleted member 2379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We know both will be double digits.

My feeling is that is the target and MS officially hit 12 in the kit Spencer has and went out in past few weeks.

Today's articles were controlled leaks.

I'm still unsure on PS5. MS has hinted at slow and wide as that will play better in their racks and with today's info we can guess at the CU count and clock.

Munki

Apr 30, 2019
My feeling is that is the target and MS officially hit 12 in the kit Spencer has and went out in past few weeks.

Today's articles were controlled leaks.

I'm still unsure on PS5. MS has hinted at slow and wide as that will play better in their racks and with today's info we can guess at the CU count and clock.

If they hit 12, and we know both are close, todays info is nothing but amazing news for gamers.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna lie. If Lockhart has those specs at ~$299-349 USD, I am buying it on principle. I don't have a 4k display, so that would be the best price/performance purchase for me in some time, especially when considering the xCloud stuff.

Anaconda sounds great too, but I am le poor and don't own a 4k display. Lockhart sounds like a great value for the consumer who wants to keep up and enjoy games but also isn't a well-off enthusiast. Aka, it makes more mass-market sense to me, and I am part of that mass market.

That's a LOT of power for three+ bills (If that's what it ends up costing.) Kinda excited for this reveal!

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
Wow, crazy good specs! Only meh thing looks like the RAM tbh, but it will definitely seems serviceable and I'm not an expert. Really hope PS5 is at least very close, either way. I likely won't get an Anaconda so fingers crossed there's tight competition.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
I just find it funny that Microsoft (and it looks like Sony as well) are targeting specs above Google's own Stadia.. in which the only advantage of it was the fact that they could make a powerful machine that would be in the cloud for all. And now it will most likely be weaker than both the next Xbox and PS5.

KayonXaikyre

Oct 27, 2017
All this stuff is cool, but I'm more interested in how they perform when ray tracing shows up. Ray tracing bodies FPS on games. I wanna see what happens for these consoles considering they are using cheaper solutions for it / amd from what I know has no ray tracing benchmarks for anything right now (well 5700xt does and its lower than all the super cards and the gtx 2060) and they haven't been the leader in graphics for years (some awesome mid range stuff tho) so I'm mostly skeptical on performance. I'm looking forward to the final specs and pricing next year as well as some actual release game footage (the "ingame" footage and cutscenes are going to go super overboard when we first see them like every generation lol).

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Wow, crazy good specs! Only meh thing looks like the RAM tbh, but it will definitely seems serviceable and I'm not an expert. Really hope PS5 is at least very close, either way. I likely won't get an Anaconda so fingers crossed there's tight competition.
I'm wondering if RAM is going to be as much a bottleneck as it used to now that we're finally moving away from laptop HDDs

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
All this stuff is cool, but I'm more interested in how they perform when ray tracing shows up. Ray tracing bodies FPS on games. I wanna see what happens for these consoles considering they are using cheaper solutions for it / amd from what I know has no ray tracing benchmarks for anything right now (well 5700xt does and its lower than all the super cards and the gtx 2060) and they haven't been the leader in graphics for years (some awesome mid range stuff tho) so I'm mostly skeptical on performance. I'm looking forward to the final specs and pricing next year as well as some actual release game footage (the "ingame" footage and cutscenes are going to go super overboard when we first see them like every generation lol).
Depends on the type of RT, GI means 30fps, ray traced reflections could maybe hit 60fps if they don't go crazy with them.

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Here's my understanding. RAM+CPU+SSD = identical/near-enough the same. GPU = massively upgraded in Anacdonda.

Therefore in terms of big worlds and loads of clever AI etc etc, these consoles have the same (near enough) capacity. But one will make it all look a lot prettier.

Is that right? Cos if so doesn't seem to be a problem.

I am not very technical though so ehhhhh
You are right

KayonXaikyre

Oct 27, 2017
Depends on the type of RT, GI means 30fps, ray traced reflections could maybe hit 60fps if they don't go crazy with them.

Yeah that is true that it just depends on what they end up doing. I think first party studios will definitely try their best to make things look very appealing with what they are working with so I'm very curious to see what that looks like. 30 fps is what I'm expecting though lol.

DrScissorsMD

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 19, 2019
Yeah and it has a really huge Sony hater base in this site, ironic, I know.

A thing I'll never understand, they always root for Sony's failure and they're always disappointed in the end.
You must have trouble at the beach hey? What with the seagulls always swooping that giant chip on your shoulder.

ElNerdo

Oct 22, 2018
Because people talked themselves into PS5 edging out the power race now that Xbox might have the power edge they're trying to figure out how Xbox can fuck this up to still "lose" the warz
I remember people finding a 12TF console hard to believe, but now a 12TF MS console is doable (according to some).

If rumors are to be believed, as this thread is showing, then both consoles should be pretty equal.

Last edited:

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
I remember people finding a 12TF hard to believe, but now a 12TF MS console is doable (according to some).

If rumors are to be believed, as this thread is showing, then both consoles should be pretty equal.

The rumors are all over the place. So if the MS specs are to be believed then the PS5 is either 10% stronger or weaker. Will be interesting to find out.

Oct 31, 2017
Mentioned this in similar threads, but as a primarily PC gamer I'm ecstatic to see the next gen catching up with higher end PC GPUs. Gonna have some nice looking multi-plat games on the way.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jason Schreier's rumors, Devs are disinterested in it, it is PS4 Pro level graphically, significantly less ram than Anaconda. Man, cant believe devs can be wrong on this one, clearly theres smarter forum posters on resetera defending this than the devs Jason spoke to, that clearly know nothing about having a weaksauce Lowest Common Denominator as baseline for next gen. I'm sorry Anaconda, they want to hold you back.

Modiz's transcribe "Repeats the disinterest from developers for lockhart. Says it will have significantly less ram and has heard developers saying the GPU is basically PS4 Pro level, but the CPU and SSD should improve it beyond that. Still, developers dont want to be forced to work on lockhart and feel that the SKU will hamper next gen games." So this is what Jason has heard from devs.

Last edited:

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
The specs that were rumoured today are the same as the ones that have been floated for several months now.
Are you positive? Matt and Klee were surprised by the Lockhart being real. But the info they shared previously is now outdated and they have not provided new info. (Except Matt conforming and being optimistic/excited)

The kits are new and Phil said they just sent kits out during xo19 (probably to more 3p devs) and we've had articles about devs saying ms is behind in communication with their dev kits. Which one will we choose to believe? I'm taking everything in and asking for confirmation from Klee. Since he has been the root of drip info

and I think I meant to put all of this in the next gen thread lmao. Just realized I'm in the scarlet thread. Oh well.

in the end, I just want to know current info to see how far each company is pushing their hardware to "win" us. I see this as a win for us regardless of which one is lesser or more faster.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Are you positive? Matt and Klee were surprised by the Lockhart being real. But the info they shared previously is now outdated and they have not provided new info. (Except Matt conforming and being optimistic/excited)

The kits are new and Phil said they just sent kits out during xo19 (probably to more 3p devs) and we've had articles about devs saying ms is behind in communication with their dev kits. Which one will we choose to believe? I'm taking everything in and asking for confirmation from Klee. Since he has been the root of drip info

and I think I meant to put all of this in the next gen thread lmao. Just realized I'm in the scarlet thread. Oh well.

in the end, I just want to know current info to see how far each company is pushing their hardware to "win" us. I see this as a win for us regardless of which one is lesser or more faster.

The Tflop numbers for both Anaconda and Lockhart are pretty much exactly what were rumoured several months back. And this is also just a re-affirmation of the SSD drive etc.

All that happened is that following those initial rumours, there were more rumours claiming Lockhart was no longer a thing, but now those rumours appear to be taking a backseat to those citing it is back on the table.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
The Tflop numbers for both Anaconda and Lockhart are pretty much exactly what were rumoured several months back. And this is also just a re-affirmation of the SSD drive etc.

All that happened is that following those initial rumours, there were more rumours claiming Lockhart was no longer a thing, but now those rumours appear to be taking a backseat to those citing it is back on the table.
Well to be fair, there were a lot of rumors/paste bins and reddit posts. and none of the ones that held 12TF for Scarlett were taken seriously because we had Klee advise both are over 10tf and the ps5 was currently sitting at a high 10tf due to relation of their more mature dev kit. The biggest one that made us all ignore the higher apex leaks is when Klee advises ps5 is faster than Scarlett while others did to during that time frame.
Things changed, still can, and now we all have new info that has been shared within the last 3 weeks.
I'd like to move forward and see what Klee can dig up for us. I have full faith in Sony and I already am confident knowing it will be an amazing piece of hardware. I'm a curious cat wanting to get some additional detail and guess on stuff they trickle to us.

edit: read some more stuff and seen the high 10tf number is bogus. Niiice. Can't wait to see final specs for ps5!

Last edited: