Oct 26, 2017
https://gematsu.com/2019/04/rune-fa...e-support-special-live-stream-set-for-april-4

The live stream will feature live gameplay of Rune Factory 4 Special, as well as the latest information on Rune Factory 5.

Ooooh! :O Very interested in what Rune Factory 5 news we may get, if literally anything. It's not due until 2020 so I don't think we'll get anything significant, but still!

Edit: Time should be *checks notes* 7AM ET and 4AM PT on April 4th if I'm right (and googling it :P).

Gridman

Oct 25, 2017
I was just thinking about these games the other night. I wish I could be playing RF4 on my Switch right now.

Evil Lucario

Feb 16, 2019
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE YES. Me and a friend of mine absolutely cannot wait!

We still cannot believe RF5 is going to be a real thing.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
YES! I CAN'T WAIT!

I'm so happy that we're getting another Rune Factory game! And that 4 is coming to Switch! I'll definitely tune in to watch!

EDIT: Also, holy crap I hope we get this in the USA!
Rune-Factory-4-Special_04-02-19_003.jpg

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, nice. I expected RF5 news closer to TGS, so this is a welcome surprise. 7AM is gonna be tough to watch live though...

Ms.Galaxy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy the series ain't dead. Also, give me gay or give me death!

(I'll buy both either way, and likely mod it one day to give me gay options.)

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Doubt we'll get anything more on RF5 other than character designs/concept art. Still very hyped tho.

i20bot

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Had it on 3DS but never played through it. Then I sold it during them Gamestop deals, lol. Probably pick it up again.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
RF4 for Switch did not look very good . It's uprezzed assets for an older gen hardware obviously, but I guess if the price is right.

dedacc

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That'll be around noon for me. Good, no need to mess with my sleep schedule for a change.

fleet

Jan 2, 2019
oh my goooood yeeees. i fucking love RF games, man. gonna marry some cute anime girl with blue hair and swing my sword at chickens all day.

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I played 3 which was a great time for a while. Numbers really are fun.

Though I do wish they'll update the look of the game. Seeing R4S in the direct was like "mmmmmm yeah this looks like a generic mobile game....". Need a better artstyle.

skullwaker

Oct 25, 2017
Would really like to get into this series. R4S looked a bit rough in the direct so I hope they improve it more before release (although that's doubtful) but at the very least I hope Rune Factory 5 will be made from scratch for the Switch. With these games, the Story of Seasons series, and Stardew Valley, the system is getting a nice amount of farm sim games.

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Would really like to get into this series. R4S looked a bit rough in the direct so I hope they improve it more before release (although that's doubtful) but at the very least I hope Rune Factory 5 will be made from scratch for the Switch. With these games, the Story of Seasons series, and Stardew Valley, the system is getting a nice amount of farm sim games.

R4S is a remaster of a 3DS game, i doubt they will update the visuals unless they want to sell it at 50 bucks but i'd honestly prefer if they sell it at 20-30 dollars keeping these graphics.

Also i remember Gammalad saying that maybe there is a chance we'll see the Nobita Story of Seasons game in the West.

Last edited:

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I really hope we get a Rune factory tides of destiny port too
I really hope so too! I know that one isn't as popular but I really liked what I played of it! I never finished it since I had to sell my PS3 but I still have my copy of the game.

I would love a rerelease of Tides of Destiny and Rune Factory Frontier (with a big retooling of the Runey system).

DjDeathCool

Oct 28, 2017
Bismarck, ND
Wait a minute! That's my birthday. What a nice gift!

I can't wait. I love this series and, along with everyone else, thought it was long dead. Excited!!!

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
Great!

Won't buy Rune 4 (again!) but Rune 5, yeah, show it!

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So I assume since Marvelous supposedly changed their internal policy on fanservice, this isn't going to have any of that swimsuit nonsense?

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
GIVE GIVE GIVE GIVE GIVE GIVE GIVE GIVE GIVE GIVE GIVE GIVE GIVE GIVE

Rune Factory HYPE

Shadowrun

Oct 26, 2017
The story and characters aside, Rune Factory 4 was excellent, and it had so much content already. I cannot fathom them adding even more.

Very hyped to see more 5!

Oct 25, 2017
Stardew, RF4, RF5, and Animal Crossing - the Switch is shaping up to be an excellent system for life sims.

If only the My Time At Portia port wasn't so poorly optimized...

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
So I assume since Marvelous supposedly changed their internal policy on fanservice, this isn't going to have any of that swimsuit nonsense?

WEEELLL...

https://gematsu.com/2019/04/rune-factory-4-special-japanese-limited-edition-detailed

The 9,504 yen Memorial Box edition includes the following:
  • A copy of Rune Factory 4 Special
  • Special box featuring illustration by Minako Iwasaki
  • Rune Factory Memorial Book 2006 – 2019
  • Kyun Secret Private CD set
  • Download code for the additional event "Everyone in Swimsuits"

UCBooties

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Pennsylvania, USA
I'm gonna temper my expectations for how much they'll actually show of 5 but hopefully they'll at least include something from the game itself and not just reveal the character art for the protag.