• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ezidro3

May 31, 2021
Drag-Race-All-Stars-Season-9-042324-ce2ab08a43764a22aceffa45242afb3b.jpg

It's time for a new All Stars season! This time, the queens aren't competing for themselves however. They're playing for charity! All the queens this season have chosen a charity to play for, and the winner gets to donate $200,000 to their choice! This season is also non-elimination, like All Stars 7, meaning each queen will grace your screen continuously for 12 episodes.

All Stars 9 alongside Untucked begins streaming May 17th as a 2-episode premiere on Paramount+ in the US and Latin America, WOWPresents+ everywhere else.

Meet the Queens:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90ql7_0DTAI

Angeria-Paris-VanMichaels-Drag-Race-All-Stars-Season-9-042324-545b76153b024c0eaf07287c28e78017.jpg

Angeria Paris VanMicheals - Season 14, Top 5
(Chosen Charity: National Black Justice Collective)
Angeria is back, you ug-aly bitch! The sweet southern belle from the ATL uses her irresistible drawl and comedic charisma to captivate the judges. A stunning Season 14 finalist who checks all the boxes, Angeria is ready to claim her spot in the Drag Race Hall of Fame.

Gottimik-Drag-Race-All-Stars-Season-9-042324-6bbdb4da7d8e4768a181aa13371543e6.jpg

Gottmik - Season 13, Top 4 (Chosen Charity: Trans Lifeline)
Since Season 13, Gottmik has become a darling of the fashion world, strutting runways and striking poses for the world's top design houses. But this bona fide trendsetter is more than a style icon – Gottmik's got the wit and wiles needed to snatch the All Stars crown!

Jorgeous-Drag-Race-All-Stars-Season-9-042324-ef41d46b411e4d35bcd844cffae37a9f.jpg

Jorgeous - Season 14, 6th/7th (Chosen Charity: The National Alliance of Mental Illness)
Hello-tis, it's your girl Jorgeous! The Lip-Sync Assassin of Season 14 is back. Jorgeous may be small, but she is BIG competition. This pocket-sized dynamo has irresistible charm, stunning looks and the performance skills to make her a serious contender to take it all!

Nina-West-Drag-Race-All-Stars-Season-9-042324-baa11e63c68c4580984b441a45a8fdaa.jpg

Nina West - Season 11, 6th (Chosen Charity: The Trevor Project)
Fresh from the Hairspray national tour, Nina West is bringing her performance powers back to the Mainstage. As Season 11's Miss Congeniality, Nina won over fans with her kindness, but make no mistake – with top-notch acting chops and killer comedy skills, this Broadway baby is here to slay.

Plastique-Tiara-Drag-Race-All-Stars-Season-9-042324-53f5fe706b614b4787934e364d56a516.jpg

Plastique Tiara - Season 11, 8th (Chosen Charity: The Asian American Foundation)
Plastique Tiara is back, bolder and more beautiful than ever! Since Season 11, she's racked up the largest social media following of any Drag Race alum. Now, the TikTok icon is ready to make All Stars 9 her most viral moment yet. With the likes and the lewks, she's set her sights on the crown.

Roxxxy-Andrews-Drag-Race-All-Stars-Season-9-042324-b3cb50c6e817414e859fa0260dd92047.jpg

Roxxxy Andrews - Season 5, Top 3 and All Stars 2, 4th (Chosen Charity: Miracle of Love)
She's Roxxxy Andrews, and she's here to make it clear: This show-stopping legend is back to put her signature "thick and juicy" talents to devastating use. Bitches better beware!

Shannel-Drag-Race-All-Stars-Season-9-042324-e17e890437844ce4ab34f79bc138dc69.jpg

Shannel - Season 1, 4th and All Stars 1, 3rd/4th (Chosen Charity: The Anxiety and Depression Association of America)
Shannel was the first Queen to ever enter the RuPaul's Drag Race Werk Room, and now she's back to make herstory all over again! This ultimate Vegas showgirl is ready to remind the world how classic drag is done and to prove that she is still the one to beat!

Vanessa-Vanjie-Drag-Race-All-Stars-Season-9-042324-aec024efd1614f0f8353bac8cba94128.jpg

Vanessa Vanjie - Season 10, 14th and Season 11, 5th (Chosen Charity: The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals)
Vanessa Vanjie became the breakout star of Season 10 after just one episode – and nearly made it to the top on Season 11! Fresh from world tours, the Vegas stage and a major glow-up, she's showing up with her "lightning in a bottle" personality and the skills to claim her crown.

Last edited:

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
Big fan of Angeria and Gottmik. Vanjie too. Rest of the cast I'm not so keen on. Particularly Roxxy and Shannel. Damn.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Great thread, ezidro3 ! Not sure if I'll be jumping in on the season premiere since I need a little more of a break after season 16 and UK vs. the World 2, but I'm sure I'll catch up about halfway through.

I do like how there's quite the shake-up for this season!

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Give me a sewing challenge and I'll give you what you like 👄

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Damn ezidro3, you've put all my other OTs to shame!

I'm still not sure how I feel about this new style format of having nobody leaving. There's a part of me that will always miss the drama of a shock elimination, but I most certainly don't miss the boring "please don't pick my lipstick" conversations backstage.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I won't watch it due to the format they chose for this season, but at least we get a bit of drama so I can watch it from the sidelines.

StreetsAhead

Sep 16, 2020
I feel like I can't keep up with Drag Race anymore cause there's always a new season airing back to back. Was the most recent one worth watching?

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I can live without another season of Foghorn Leghorn Vanjie if I'm honest but no biggie, I'm here for Roxxxy, Shannel and Angie mainly, everyone else is whatever.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
The photoshoot is incredible, and I like most of these queens. Thing is I don't LOVE any of these queens. Will still watch though.

Last edited:

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
PLASTIQUE! So excited to see her again. Also excited for Roxxxy and Angeria and the looks Gottmik will bring

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like some of these queens are too weak to be featured in every episode, that might make the season underwhelming. But who knows.

mantidor

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like some of these queens are too weak to be featured in every episode, that might make the season underwhelming. But who knows.

Same, this format should be only for All Winners. We'll see.

I like Plastique and Gottmik, I'm intrigued what Shannel and Angeria will bring, I honestly do not care about the rest. Ok, maybe Roxxxy.

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
This format is the only way queens accepted to compete.

Last season they scrambled to find a complete cast (which is why we got a weird half first out / half favourites), and half of them wanted to quit during filming. They just couldn't find anyone for AS9 until they decide to return to a no-elimination format.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
Same, this format should be only for All Winners. We'll see.
Totally agree with this. That's the perfect format for the cream of the crop.

This format is the only way queens accepted to compete.

Last season they scrambled to find a complete cast (which is why we got a weird half first out / half favourites), and half of them wanted to quit during filming. They just couldn't find anyone for AS9 until they decide to return to a no-elimination format.
All Stars might be dead for me then if this season is a turd.

jetscanfly

Jan 19, 2018
There's a good mix of fashion icons, talented girls, intentionally and unintentionally funny queens. I'm surprised so many of you are down on most of the cast. This looks like a great cast to be sassy amongst themselves.

Edit: v That

Last edited:

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad this is a non elimination format, the old All Stars format was getting annoying, it sucked a lot of fun out of the season. The entire Untucked part was "I have so much to show and I want to stay *cry*" while the other queens nodded and tried to keep a poker face. That the votes were revealed in the next episode also almost alway ensured that most queens tended to vote one way because if they ended up voting for the queen who stayed they immediately had a target on their backs. The confessionals were often about that too "If I vote for them then A, they voted for me so B!" I don't care, this is not entertaining.

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
I'm glad this is a non elimination format, the old All Stars format was getting annoying, it sucked a lot of fun out of the season.

I agree, with the way social media is these days any drama fans expect out of eliminations is weak and predictable. And since it's for charity, everyone deserves to hang around the whole time.

Having just watched UK vs the world, I would have preferred it be no eliminations, even with some of the weaker queens in that cast. A third of the episode run-time being taken up by boring negotiations instead could have been replaced with more queens doing challenges.

Looking forward to seeing Angeria, Shannel and Roxxy again!

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad this is a non elimination format, the old All Stars format was getting annoying, it sucked a lot of fun out of the season. The entire Untucked part was "I have so much to show and I want to stay *cry*" while the other queens nodded and tried to keep a poker face. That the votes were revealed in the next episode also almost alway ensured that most queens tended to vote one way because if they ended up voting for the queen who stayed they immediately had a target on their backs. The confessionals were often about that too "If I vote for them then A, they voted for me so B!" I don't care, this is not entertaining.
I agree. I also actually prefer the non-elimination format for All Stars because it gives a chance for the queens to really have a chance to showcase their growth (or at least get their money's worth for the super expensive looks).

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
I agree. I also actually prefer the non-elimination format for All Stars because it gives a chance for the queens to really have a chance to showcase their growth (or at least get their money's worth for the super expensive looks).
That too, being on Drag Race is expensive in the first place and the expectations (and budgets) are even higher on All Stars and showing a phenomenal outfit on instagram is not the same as seeing in in motion on the runway. There are the occasional stories of a queen making her entire runway package herself for $3000 but that's not an option for everyone, not every queen is that good at designing and sewing.

So I'm totally okay with All Stars being non elimination permanently going forward, the queens all competed on regular elimination seasons, they've earned an opportunity to show off what they can do. Eliminations are not required in a competition, keeping everyone until the end is just as valid.

Malenia

Jan 16, 2023
I like that all the queens are getting $75k but I wish it was an elimination format, feels like there's no stakes.

BRsomebody

Oct 28, 2017
Doylestown, PA
Honestly I really liked the non-elimination format for All-Winners largely because I loved every single member of the cast, and seeing them collaborate and share that experience together made for a fantastic, feel-good, winner's lap of a season.
This one... I wouldn't mind being a normal All Stars rules. Season 11 is by far my least favorite, and seeing a lot of familiar faces from it isn't the most exciting for me - but it's for a good cause so I'm not going to complain too hard lmao.

10000% here for Angeria and Shannel

mantidor

Oct 25, 2017
Omg I met Bruno from the pit crew lol

So here in Rio people are insane with the Madonna concert of course and since the rehearsals are open I'm here with a friend, and suddenly Bruno passed right by my side, I called his name and I gave him a high five lol later I thought why I didn't ask for a selfie it didn't even cross my mind. He is way taller than I expected.