• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Me halfway through the episode: Heh, this episode's just gonna be a slow burn until the ending where Jacque comes from behind and wins the election

At the end of the episode: Holy fuck this is gonna be another Volume 3.

At least Ren and Nora finally kissed. Hooray....

Last edited:

Panthalassic

Oct 25, 2017
God dammit...

As soon as I saw Jacques' poll results jump from 30% to 33% I knew this was gonna happen but I wasn't expecting them to frame Penny. Uuuugh.

Fiona didn't deserve this either.

I can't even be happy about Renora (or bees by extension).

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
FUCK YOU JACQUES, FUCK YOU WATTS, FUCK YOU TYRION FOR FRAMING OUR ADORABLE PENNY!!

I wished wished WISHED we got a scene with Yang and Blake tearing it up in the club before all hell broke loose. I'm super curious if their dance skit was a reference to this that was made a few years ago:

Super excited for Renora, that kiss threw me for a loop.

NOW GIVE ME KISSING BEEEEEEEEES!

nintendoman58

Oct 25, 2017
WELP.

THIS PARTY NEVER STOPS.

IRONWOOD IS IN THE DUST AND ROBYN HAS NO VICTORY.

MANTLE IS UPSIDEDOWN AND JACQUES REIGNS SUPREME.

WELCOME ONE AND ALL.

TO SCHNEEMAGEDDON.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Anyone else felt the Renora thing was...eh? I mean, I feel like they argued out of nowhere and for nothing

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Penny's been used twice to set off mass-panic Grimm attacks. She must be feeling like shit right now.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty cool callback

I knew I remembered seeing Ruby do the whole splitting apart thing before

Penny's been used twice to set off mass-panic Grimm attacks. She must be feeling like shit right now.

Part of me is thinking that it wasn't worth her coming back just to go through this. Poor Penny

Oct 25, 2017
I was honestly expecting one of Nora or Ren to die since we all know what happened the last time characters kissed in this show.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
He has actively been ignoring/groaning/getting annoyed at Nora throughout most of this volume.

In episode 3, 4 and 5.

Yeah my issue is why was this needed. Renora was practically made canon in Vol 4 and Nora even called Ren her man in vol 6, so whole thing seemed pointless. They didn't have any trouble before but why now? It was also resolved in like 10 seconds. Feels like unnecessary CW drama

Now onto important things.
Holy crap this episode. Jacques slowly winning actually made me uncomfortable as it reminded me of President Chuckles the Ass clown. I'm all for dumping on him but given RWBY'S track record of dealing with heavy topics, I just hope they do it well. Watt's is a brilliant bastard and poor Penny. Hope they clear her name soon. I was skeptical of Marrow, but this episode made me like him more as he was just more than comic relief. Atlas really will be Beacon 2.0

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah my issue is why was this needed. Renora was practically made canon in Vol 4 and Nora even called Ren her man in vol 6, so whole thing seemed pointless. They didn't have any trouble before but why now? It was also resolved in like 10 seconds. Feels like unnecessary CW drama

Now onto important things.
Holy crap this episode. Jacques slowly winning actually made me uncomfortable as it reminded me of President Chuckles the Ass clown. I'm all for dumping on him but given RWBY'S track record of dealing with heavy topics, I just hope they do it well. Watt's is a brilliant bastard and poor Penny. Hope they clear her name soon. I was skeptical of Marrow, but this episode made me like him more as he was just more than comic relief. Atlas really will be Beacon 2.0

I have my own theory about Ren's behaviour as of V7.

Have you guys noticed that sometimes in this volume, the camera zooms in on Ren and the background elements fade away to a pure white? The first time it happened was when the ace ops bola'd them. It's a new effect that's been going on with Ren in V7 and hasn't happened in volumes prior. I don't exactly know what it is, but I think Ren's semblance is evolving in some manner. Because after this incident he starts acting more distant from Nora and sandbags her a ton.

He also seems obsessed with training now.

And spoilers from this episode

The white thing happened again this episode when Ruby splits around him and also you see he is the first one to ask for more missions when Clover and Ironwood show up. He is also more wary about the future as he is more focused on Salem and how they are going to deal with her than things that are currently happening now like Blake and Yang

They are building up something going on with Ren.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
WELP.

THIS PARTY NEVER STOPS.

IRONWOOD IS IN THE DUST AND ROBYN HAS NO VICTORY.

MANTLE IS UPSIDEDOWN AND JACQUES REIGNS SUPREME.

WELCOME ONE AND ALL.

TO SCHNEEMAGEDDON.
XS5LK.gif

Holy shit this episode!

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A few Tyrian's victims were some of the moms from the last episode. Brutal

Nora and Winter probably have the most death flags now. Kiss of death.

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
Damn that episode

I felt that same dread from the last presidential election.

Love these Yang and Blake moments, so adorable.

Jaune and Oscar were cute with their movie night out, wish we could see them with Weiss.

Ren and Nora need to talk about their relationship.

More Penny, yay

Tyrian strikes, HOLY FUCK!

Sad Penny...aww

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
I'm 110% sure

That the election results got hacked. Those massive swings in poll percentages that kept occurring between frames are not something that realistically happens.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm 110% sure

That the election results got hacked. Those massive swings in poll percentages that kept occurring between frames are not something that realistically happens.

You straight up see it in the episode

Watts: I'll frame Penny and doctor footage with my right hand, and rig the election with my left (He had a map of the election results on one of the scrolls and was turning yellow regions (Robyn) Blue for Jaques

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
I have my own theory about Ren's behaviour as of V7.

Have you guys noticed that sometimes in this volume, the camera zooms in on Ren and the background elements fade away to a pure white? The first time it happened was when the ace ops bola'd them. It's a new effect that's been going on with Ren in V7 and hasn't happened in volumes prior. I don't exactly know what it is, but I think Ren's semblance is evolving in some manner. Because after this incident he starts acting more distant from Nora and sandbags her a ton.

He also seems obsessed with training now.

And spoilers from this episode

The white thing happened again this episode when Ruby splits around him and also you see he is the first one to ask for more missions when Clover and Ironwood show up. He is also more wary about the future as he is more focused on Salem and how they are going to deal with her than things that are currently happening now like Blake and Yang

They are building up something going on with Ren.
I hope so. Ren and Nora need a subplot besides Renora honestly

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Weiss was so done

She's not wrong to be. Frankly 90 percent of Blake and Yang's actions and dialogue have been "I like Yang" and "I like Blake". It's reaching Danny Phantom season 3 with Danny and Sam, and Olicity level where were constantly reminded that their a thing. It's especially bad for Yang as she's basically a satellite and cheerleader for Blake now. At least Blake had that interaction with Weiss at the beginning. But now it looks like both of them are going to be mainly defined by their relationship.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
She's not wrong to be. Frankly 90 percent of Blake and Yang's actions and dialogue have been "I like Yang" and "I like Blake". It's reaching Danny Phantom season 3 with Danny and Sam, and Olicity level where were constantly reminded that their a thing. It's especially bad for Yang as she's basically a satellite and cheerleader for Blake now. At least Blake had that interaction with Weiss at the beginning. But now it looks like both of them are going to be mainly defined by their relationship.
Your anti-shipping attitude is so cute.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Your anti-shipping attitude is so cute.
It's the same with Ren and Nora though. I really want to like Ren more but aside from Renora, there's not much going for either him or Nora outside of that. They're solely defined by Renora, at least for now. A lot of times I forget Ren is supposed to be a main secondary character. At least Nora has her gags to make her stand out but Ren got's nothing

I don't think Weiss was annoyed at BB, just the bad dancing

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
It's the same with Ren and Nora though. I really want to like Ren more but aside from Renora, there's not much going for either him or Nora outside of that. They're solely defined by Renora, at least for now. A lot of times I forget Ren is supposed to be a main secondary character. At least Nora has her gags to make her stand out but Ren got's nothing
I think that's only partly true, Nora and Ren have been a lot more important since Vol 4 even if their character growth kind of peaked during that same volume. Vol 4 illustrated that their bond/relationship has always been central to both of them as characters. (Unlike Blake and Yang.) Though Ren's semblance has been an important asset to the larger group multiple times, I'd say he's been more important than Nora. I don't disagree that they need more going for them and it seems the creative team is trying this volume, which means they have to utilize their relationship to be economical in their storytelling. (They are secondary characters after all.)

As for Blake and Yang, they are not defined just by their bond. It only seems that way because they haven't been given a lot time this volume to actually talk, which makes sense since they were central to the previous volume's emotional climax. Vol 4 and 5, not to mention everything before that, showed them pursuing different things.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
I think that's only partly true, Nora and Ren have been a lot more important since Vol 4 even if their character growth kind of peaked during that same volume. Vol 4 illustrated that their bond/relationship has always been central to both of them as characters. (Unlike Blake and Yang.) Though Ren's semblance has been an important asset to the larger group multiple times, I'd say he's been more important than Nora. I don't disagree that they need more going for them and it seems the creative team is trying this volume, which means they have to utilize their relationship to be economical in their storytelling. (They are secondary characters after all.)

As for Blake and Yang, they are not defined just by their bond. It only seems that way because they haven't been given a lot time this volume to actually talk, which makes sense since they were central to the previous volume's emotional climax. Vol 4 and 5, not to mention everything before that, showed them pursuing different things.

Here's the thing with Ren. He's just that so far. An asset only for his semblance. Aside from and Renora he's forgettable. Like what did he in vol 6 besides the first episode. At least Nora is more memorable due to her personality and providing the comic relief. The attempt so far with Ren for development have just been Renora so its looks like were going back to square one.

And so far for Blake and Yang aside from Blake's moment with Weiss, yes they are.

Slatsunus

Nov 2, 2017
Nora has actually spent alot of time this season actively making her opinions clear about the Political situation with Mantle. Which is far more then she used to do.

It sorta got hidden by her gags being very prominent at the same time, but this is actually the most rounded Nora has acted in forever.

Add it the theories that Nora is related to the Winter Maiden, and Ren's worries about Salem/ His semblance clearly beginning to evolve and 7 is probably the most fleshed out Volume for both of them even without the resolution to there relationship

Panthalassic

Oct 25, 2017
Oh neat. I know they usually take a holiday break, so I've been waiting for the announcement. So good to hear that they're way ahead of schedule though.

I remember reading around Vol 3 that they'd be working down to the last minute, so between that and the crunch culture stuff coming to the forefront of the industry, it's nice to see that they're taking steps to change that.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nora's the MVP, there was always the speculation that she was from Mantle right?

Interesting choice how they're skipping a lot of the aftermath of some of these events. They're covering a lot more ground than I expected.

Somebody's getting murdered at that dinner party next week

Last edited:

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Calling the finale now:

Salem's forces steal the artifact of creation, and Penny dies slowing Atlas's crash to minimize the damage.

Oct 25, 2017
Nora's the MVP, there was always the speculation that she was from Mantle right?

Interesting choice how they're skipping a lot of the aftermath of some of these events. They're covering a lot more ground than I expected.

Somebody's getting murdered at that dinner party next week

Not sure if Nora is from Mantle. If she was, she basically traveled a long way to meet Ren. I think it is because Nora understands how those people are struggling because she struggled like that until she met Ren. I am happy Nora is being more than comic relief.

Oct 25, 2017

Sometimes I wish people would literally wait an episode or for the volume to finish before complaining about things happening in the one that airs

- People complained "wow, Ruby is a hypocrite for lying to Ironwood. I can't believe no one addressed that" and it's addressed in the next episode

- People complained saying "Jacque's layoff's make no sense" when the episode prior establishes Watts was going to help him, and episode 6 shows him hacking the election

Episode 7 stuff. People complained "there are no stakes because they brought back Penny" in the first episode and didn't wait for the explanation that she can't keep coming back because Pietro has to give a bit of his soul each time he does so. People complained about "Penny should have recorded the incident" and she did, but the reality is the damage has already been done. That tweet fundamentally misunderstands why Robyn is stealing from Ironwood. It's not "revenge" because Ironwood/Penny tried to "kill her". She only ran for council because she looked for a "legal mean" to help the people of Mantle. Because she lost, she now has to use vigilante tactics to get the supplies. Fiona telling her "penny didn't attack them" doesn't change anything. They don't know who Tyrian is, and the idea of televising a "lie detector test" instead of showing video logs is stupid.

RWBYoutubers fucking suck, man (especially since that one just likes throwing abelist language around)

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Sometimes I wish people would literally wait an episode or for the volume to finish before complaining about things happening in the one that airs

- People complained "wow, Ruby is a hypocrite for lying to Ironwood. I can't believe no one addressed that" and it's addressed in the next episode

- People complained saying "Jacque's layoff's make no sense" when the episode prior establishes Watts was going to help him, and episode 6 shows him hacking the election

Episode 7 stuff. People complained "there are no stakes because they brought back Penny" in the first episode and didn't wait for the explanation that she can't keep coming back because Pietro has to give a bit of his soul each time he does so. People complained about "Penny should have recorded the incident" and she did, but the reality is the damage has already been done. That tweet fundamentally misunderstands why Robyn is stealing from Ironwood. It's not "revenge" because Ironwood/Penny tried to "kill her". She only ran for council because she looked for a "legal mean" to help the people of Mantle. Because she lost, she now has to use vigilante tactics to get the supplies. Fiona telling her "penny didn't attack them" doesn't change anything. They don't know who Tyrian is, and the idea of televising a "lie detector test" instead of showing video logs is stupid.

RWBYoutubers fucking suck, man (especially since that one just likes throwing abelist language around)
I mean right now it is a plothole unless it gets later explained so he has every right to complain

Oct 25, 2017
I mean it could but i don't see why they would bring it up unless it factors into the plot later

Because it doesn't matter.

He is under the impression that the only reason Robyn is attacking convoys is because she thinks Ironwood tried to kill her with Penny. Not the actual reality that Robyn said she would help Mantle no matter what happens election night, win or lose. She lost, and Clover said that's what pushed her into using vigilante tactics. She is stealing materials from Amity to give to the people of Mantle. Tyrion's attack didn't factor into her loss. It only factored into making the general public hate Ironwood. So if Robyn asks Fiona "who attacked us" and she says "some scorpion faunus" they have no idea who that is. That doesn't change the fact Ironwood is still using material for Amity that could be used by the people of Mantle, because she has no idea what Ironwood is using those materials for. People aren't just "mad at Ironwood" because people speaking out against him are getting killed. They are also mad because he is restricting goods, employed curfues and facist tactics. And Robyn as Blake said only wants to help the people of Mantle. This isn't a "mistaken revenge plot". This is the next natural course of action for someone who tried to do change legally, but no longer can't because she lost the election.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Because it doesn't matter.

He is under the impression that the only reason Robyn is attacking convoys is because she thinks Ironwood tried to kill her with Penny. Not the actual reality that Robyn said she would help Mantle no matter what happens election night, win or lose. She lost, and Clover said that's what pushed her into using vigilante tactics. She is stealing materials from Amity to give to the people of Mantle. Tyrion's attack didn't factor into her loss. It only factored into making the general public hate Ironwood. So if Robyn asks Fiona "who attacked us" and she says "some scorpion faunus" they have no idea who that is. That doesn't change the fact Ironwood is still using material for Amity that could be used by the people of Mantle, because she has no idea what Ironwood is using those materials for. People aren't just "mad at Ironwood" because people speaking out against him are getting killed. They are also mad because he is restricting goods, employed curfues and facist tactics. And Robyn as Blake said only wants to help the people of Mantle. This isn't a "mistaken revenge plot". This is the next natural course of action for someone who tried to do change legally, but no longer can't because she lost the election.
I mean
While telling Robyn that it wasn't Penny wouldn't change her vilgantae stance, she would likely work with the heroes if she knew Ironwood was not the one who screwed her over