• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the double post but the thumbnail and title for Vol 5 Chapter 3 is up on Rooster Teeth's site

http://roosterteeth.com/episode/rwby-volume-5-3-g4ogoh4

Unforseen Complications is like the most benign way of stated "I am so dead"...

Getting this gif ready for tomorrow...

raw

Ghira is so dead. Maybe he somehow survives tomorrow (I doubt it), but he's not making it out of the show alive.

Also, apparently the episode length is 18:35. Not bad. I do hope there's enough time in there for Yang to make an appearance.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

raw

Ghira is so dead. Maybe he somehow survives tomorrow (I doubt it), but he's not making it out of the show alive.

Very apt,
it's like they have these two over-the-top fantastic looking badasses in him and Khan, saw Jungle Book flop in cinemas, and went "well, that mythology is a dead end, kill it with Adam."

Oct 25, 2017
Very apt,
it's like they have these two over-the-top fantastic looking badasses in him and Khan, saw Jungle Book flop in cinemas, and went "well, that mythology is a dead end, kill it with Adam."

Well, I mean...

I've been thinking that Ghira was going to bite it ever since he debuted in the show last year. He's a loving dad for one of the show's titular characters and happens to also be an important political figure in the show's most volatile part of lore that is heavily inspired by the Civil Rights movement of the 1960's (which saw multiple assassinations in real life).

He's been a dead man walking since the moment of his inception. I've used this phrase to describe Ghira for about a year now; "He's the most Mufasa to ever Mufasa."

It's not a matter of whether or not Ghira will survive the show. He won't. It's a matter of whether or not he lives long enough to meet Blake's future wife.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry to interrupt the conversation but I just wanted to say hello.

I was Star Orpheus and just wanted to say it's good to have a nice place to talk RWBY again.

Also thank you for using my OT title.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hey man, how you been? Tried to find a way of getting in touch with you when GAF first went down but couldn't find your user name anywhere.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm good. Yeah I'm not to big on social media and tend to not repeat usernames. Sorry if I caused you any trouble.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm good. Yeah I'm not to big on social media and tend to not repeat usernames. Sorry if I caused you any trouble.
Ah fair enough, SDBurton got a Discord server up for RWBY right before the site went down and the majority of us managed to find a way in, just looking to get you in on that whilst everything took place.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ah fair enough, SDBurton got a Discord server up for RWBY right before the site went down and the majority of us managed to find a way in, just looking to get you in on that whilst everything took place.
Ah yeah I remember getting a message about that but I didn't feel like messing with it for some reason. I just figured I would wait for the new forum.

Again sorry for the trouble and I appreciate you trying to find me.

Also to stay slightly on topic Roman for Cross Tag Battle.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Roman's so lame. It would also take the bite out of dat ironic timing.
A small part of me could see it happening, unfortunately.

Regardless, his Neo team-up on Chibi is cute~

romanjck4q.gif

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the double post but the thumbnail and title for Vol 5 Chapter 3 is up on Rooster Teeth's site

http://roosterteeth.com/episode/rwby-volume-5-3-g4ogoh4

Unforseen Complications is like the most benign way of stated "I am so dead"...

Not gonna lie, was hoping I'd see
Sun in that thumbnail.

raw

Also, apparently the episode length is 18:35. Not bad. I do hope there's enough time in there for Yang to make an appearance.

Me and you both. I cannot wait for a
Yang and Weiss reunion. So many possible topics that could come up between them. Most notably among them... Blake.

"Well at least I'm trying!" :P

Sorry to interrupt the conversation but I just wanted to say hello.

I was Star Orpheus and just wanted to say it's good to have a nice place to talk RWBY again.

Also thank you for using my OT title.

Hey there! Glad you were able to find your way here. :)

Oct 25, 2017
I'm probably going to miss seeing Episode 3 when it first airs later today, since my flight to Japan takes off around that time frame. Granted, there's a small window of opportunity in there where I might be able to catch it just before the plane takes off.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, you got the flight! Excellent! Posting in work right now so just a heads up to enjoy today's episode!

I'll miss Ghira...

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, you got the flight! Excellent! Posting in work right now so just a heads up to enjoy today's episode!

I'll miss Ghira...

That remains to be seen. I'm just at the airport and have put in the luggage. Got another five hours or so to wait before finding out if I'm actually flying today. Part of the frustration from what happened on Thursday was that the announcement of the big delay happened literally minutes before we were supposed to board the plane.

Get those drinks ready...

aarcane

Oct 27, 2017
Hi, RWBYERA. I never got the chance to contribute much over at the old place, but I'm hoping to make up for that now. Just in time for episode 3 as well.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh good! So we didn't get hit with a World of Remnant episode this week. Thank goodness lol. Gonna watch in a few hours.

Also hi RwbyERA :). Was mostly a lurker during Vol 3 and 4 on the last site but will definitely try to post more here.

Schnee

Oct 25, 2017
The Ghira speech was really nicely done as was Ilia's speech. Credit to both VAs for doing excellent work. However both are hampered because we still haven't really seen Faunus racism beyond CRDL, if anything they've shown more of people being united, especially during the Vytal Festival.

The whole segment with Ozcar, Qrow and RNJR was great.
Salem and Oz go way back.
Oz is cursed by the Gods because he failed to stop Salem?
Really hope we see that stuff at some point.

Also this scene:

YKvhT5v.png

I love their faces here, especially Nora's.

Vernal is the Spring Maiden's name and I like how Weiss is going to try and escape. Obviously she'll fail but at least she's not sitting there just waiting.

No Yang is really disappointing. At least seeing her and Bakugo having some banter would have been nice.

Also I hope people caught Ghira saying "two months" whilst Ozcar said "one month"
Blake could rejoin a lot sooner than we think.

Overall solid though the lack of certain elements previously in the series does drag down a bit along with the lack of a character.

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
Alright new episode thoughts...

Ghira is so going to die, Blakes mom likely will too. Good speech and I liked how all the praise in the audience just died when Ghira suggested that they go and help protect Haven.

Weiss being captured was expected although I didn't expect to see her first interaction being with the Spring Maiden. Judging by the level of respect the other guys were showing her shes likely Raven's right hand or something. No Raven this episode either so boo. Glad Weiss is going to try and escape but seriously where the shit is Yang?

The one month/two month thing threw me off, so all these arcs are taking place at different times with Blakes being 2 months before the attack on Haven and Rubys with 1 month? Makes the story that much harder to follow but maybe this is setting up for some kind of skip where we won't see much with either of those groups for a few episodes or something while hopefully Weiss and Yang meet up. Also seriously, where the fuck is Yang?

Ozpin's details are interesting, so Salem knows about Ozpin resurrecting then? Also that massive tease about Jaune not having a Semblence still, IDK what the hell they're waiting for to reveal that one. Hope its not super generic or something :( RNJR's reactions to everything were great as suggested in the pick above and I really liked how Ozpin really does have this big plan with instructions hes sent to people and what not. Really makes him seem like a true leader and I loved to see him acting a little less stale then we saw in Seasons 1-3 with him just standing around and sipping Coffee constantly. I hope we don't have an entire episode dedicated to training or something stupid.

As I've already mentioned major lack of Yang these last two episodes, no banter between her and the one bandit guy or anything. Clearly shes heading towards Raven's camp but we don't even know how soon she'll be making it there and with the various character stories taking place at different times I'd like to say next episode will be dedicated more to her but that really remains to be seen. Maybe Weiss will get away and then run into Yang or Yang shows up as Weiss is causing some chaos or something, who knows but I'm ready for at least one reunion already dammit.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished Episode 3

You could basically hear the record screech to a halt when Ghira proposed that all of the faunus should go protect Haven. Ilia's VA did a fantastic job during Ghira's speech, you could feel the anger just oozing out of her voice. I'm surprised nothing else came out of that moment though.. unless they plan to have an event like a revolt occur later in the volume.

Spring Maiden sounds awesome, and I love the rough attitude she has with Weiss. That friction! Do I see a new ship on the horizon? I think so! For some reason I imagined her to be a captive in Raven's bandit group as well, but considering how quickly those goons stood to attention when she made her presence known it seems like she's no pushover.

Ozpin being able to control Oscar has awakened all of my fears of a Ruby x Oscar relationship. Could you imagine the shenanigans that could happen? NO THANK YOU!

Funny how Ozpin pointed out Ruby's weakness in unarmed combat just like Yang did in her character short. And that callout to Jaune for still not being able to activate his semblance... I'm not sure if the look he gave was one of embarrassment, or apologetic (because he's currently hiding it until he sees Cinder). Whatever it is, when we do get to see it it better be AWESOME.

Where is my girl Yang? She's been missing for two consecutive episodes, AGAIN. Didn't someone bring this up at the last RTX asking why Yang hasn't received as much focus as the other three girls on her team or am I just imagining it? I wanted to get a Yang/Weiss reunion but considering how this episode ended Weiss may be long gone by the time Yang gets there. Oh, and calling it now, I have a feeling Yang and Spring Maiden are going to be butting heads over Raven. Spring Maiden is going to think of Raven as her mom and Yang will become jealous and frustrated at the fact that Raven decided to care of some random kid instead of her own daughter.

Oh and potential ship name for Spring Maiden and Weiss: Groundhog Day

Oh, and welcome aarcane and Jahranimo. Looking forward to your future impressions!

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
NC
Edit: Complete thoughts on episode 2.

I hate that Salem has lionheart by the bones and I am kinda surprised that Ruby did some damage to Cinder. She looks fucked up. Weiss did a good job taking down the grimm. And now, Adam. Fuck Adam. Fuck. Adam. Adam can go fuck himself. Man is thirsting for power and thinks he will get it from Salem. But if watching and reading so much media about characters like Adam, they always end up with a blade in their gut and the realizations they played themselves. So yeah....fuck Adam.

Last edited:

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Edit: Complete thoughts on episode 2.

I hate that Salem has lionheart by the bones and I am kinda surprised that Ruby did some damage to Cinder. She looks fucked up. Weiss did a good job taking down the grimm. And now, Adam. Fuck Adam. Fuck. Adam. Adam can go fuck himself. Man is thirsting for power and thinks he will get it from Salem. But if watching and reading so much media about characters like Adam, they always end up with a blade in their gut and the realizations they played themselves. So yeah....fuck Adam.
I

Well, Lionheart's inspiration character is the Cowardly Lion...

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, after a pretty strenuous couple of shifts, I've managed to sit down and watch this, yay!

Blake: On the one hand I genuinely had myself psyched into thinking that the absolute worst was going to happen at Ghira's speech - in that he and/or several others would die, so anything short of that was a weird sort of deflation for my expectations, it would've been such a one-two gut punch by RT after how they ended episode 2. On the other hand, this felt right. Ghira is yet to be a genuine political threat to Adam, or by proxy, Salem. He has no army, he has little political clout other than being popular and somewhat memorable (given the fact his speech was being reported on). He is a man deciding to battle with words - makes sense since he preached a more pacifist mentality when leading the WF, so Adam is responding in term, with words to denounce him. I try not to bring politics into RWBY, it's a bad habit that I bring it into a lot of what I enjoy, but RT already scratched my itch in displaying how easy it is to assassinate someone with words; Ilia's rant will be far more resonant to the neutral faunus observing that speech, it wasn't backed up by sound judgement like Ghira's, it wasn't as well composed either, but it does illicit a response larger than his rally to "help Mistral". Too often has such prerogative language been used to strip any decent political body of any traction. Props to both VAs, it was a well versed scene.

Weiss: I... don't know too much how I feel about the Spring Maiden. I love her design, for sure, but I dunno, I was hoping she'd be a reveal to Yang before Weiss. If Raven has been nurturing her abilities, this girl is, for lack of a better term, a surrogate family member to Raven, she doesn't appear too much older than Weiss, so arguably she may have a closer mother/daughter relationship than Yang has ever had outside of Summer's care. Assuming this is the case, I would've thought they'd save any and all scenes involving her to be ones that highlight the chasm of emotional distance both Yang and Raven have for one another. We've already seen Raven and Weiss interact, the information the Maiden passed on could've easily come from her or either of those two guys. Still, a nitpick at best. Also, I like the confirmation outside of the intro montage that the Knight has an flexible size for any given situation. I'm gonna check off as many points on that bingo card (already destined to lose the full-house, but could get a line) and 'Knight is OP' is already proven to be the case.

Yang: [Insert scene here please Rooster Teeth]

Ruby: WOW. Did not expect that we'd have a full on split-personality here. I had resigned myself to the fact Oscar would simply relay any and all thought Oz had, not actually share autonomy over his body with him. It's cool, don't get me wrong, just not what I was expecting. RNJR is genuinely my favourite team, it is saddening that them as a collective unit will likely never happen again post this volume, as they have such fantastically aligned personas, whether the scene they are in is serious or comical, like this one.

I do have a question though to anyone here; is the entity known to us only as 'Ozpin' a singular spirit that has been cursed to avoid death by finding itself a new host with like-minded dreams and ambitions, and slowly assimilating them? Or is it an ever expanding collective consciousness that imprints on a new host, passes on it's teachings, and drifts into their own subconscious? The fact it acted exactly like the old Headmaster of Beacon once in control of Oscar's body tells me it isn't an entity that passively alters it's perceptions and mannerisms with each new host, but rather starts to ingrain it's own on said host. How much of Beacon Headmaster Ozpin was the physical and mentally sound 'man' that we actually saw, and how much of it was this never-dying spirit? To that end, despite being benevolent, I wouldn't get attached to 'Oscar'. To those who are familiar with GoTs, I am already getting a three-eyed Raven vibe with this process.

3 episodes in, one shaky fight, two massive revelations and I am liking this volume a lot more than any of the previous ones. By this stage, we'd met the cast in V1, we'd gotten to Penny's reveal to Ruby in V2, we'd met Qrow and Winter in V3, and we'd just learnt Sun is following Blake in V4. Yeah, this is by far the most intriguing volume to date.

Repose

Oct 25, 2017
Episode 3

Pretty good episode. Got some nice exposition on Ozpin and his past.

When Weiss mentioned Winter and the Spring Maiden said "I don't know if it's funny or sad... But you're clearly out of the loop." I was worried she'd been killed off-screen. Crisis averted.

Also, Nora's face when Ozpin says he's going to train them might be my new favorite reaction face.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, after a pretty strenuous couple of shifts, I've managed to sit down and watch this, yay!

Blake: On the one hand I genuinely had myself psyched into thinking that the absolute worst was going to happen at Ghira's speech - in that he and/or several others would die, so anything short of that was a weird sort of deflation for my expectations, it would've been such a one-two gut punch by RT after how they ended episode 2. On the other hand, this felt right. Ghira is yet to be a genuine political threat to Adam, or by proxy, Salem. He has no army, he has little political clout other than being popular and somewhat memorable (given the fact his speech was being reported on). He is a man deciding to battle with words - makes sense since he preached a more pacifist mentality when leading the WF, so Adam is responding in term, with words to denounce him. I try not to bring politics into RWBY, it's a bad habit that I bring it into a lot of what I enjoy, but RT already scratched my itch in displaying how easy it is to assassinate someone with words; Ilia's rant will be far more resonant to the neutral faunus observing that speech, it wasn't backed up by sound judgement like Ghira's, it wasn't as well composed either, but it does illicit a response larger than his rally to "help Mistral". Too often has such prerogative language been used to strip any decent political body of any traction. Props to both VAs, it was a well versed scene.

Weiss: I... don't know too much how I feel about the Spring Maiden. I love her design, for sure, but I dunno, I was hoping she'd be a reveal to Yang before Weiss. If Raven has been nurturing her abilities, this girl is, for lack of a better term, a surrogate family member to Raven, she doesn't appear too much older than Weiss, so arguably she may have a closer mother/daughter relationship than Yang has ever had outside of Summer's care. Assuming this is the case, I would've thought they'd save any and all scenes involving her to be ones that highlight the chasm of emotional distance both Yang and Raven have for one another. We've already seen Raven and Weiss interact, the information the Maiden passed on could've easily come from her or either of those two guys. Still, a nitpick at best. Also, I like the confirmation outside of the intro montage that the Knight has an flexible size for any given situation. I'm gonna check off as many points on that bingo card (already destined to lose the full-house, but could get a line) and 'Knight is OP' is already proven to be the case.

Yang: [Insert scene here please Rooster Teeth]

Ruby: WOW. Did not expect that we'd have a full on split-personality here. I had resigned myself to the fact Oscar would simply relay any and all thought Oz had, not actually share autonomy over his body with him. It's cool, don't get me wrong, just not what I was expecting. RNJR is genuinely my favourite team, it is saddening that them as a collective unit will likely never happen again post this volume, as they have such fantastically aligned personas, whether the scene they are in is serious or comical, like this one.

I do have a question though to anyone here; is the entity known to us only as 'Ozpin' a singular spirit that has been cursed to avoid death by finding itself a new host with like-minded dreams and ambitions, and slowly assimilating them? Or is it an ever expanding collective consciousness that imprints on a new host, passes on it's teachings, and drifts into their own subconscious? The fact it acted exactly like the old Headmaster of Beacon once in control of Oscar's body tells me it isn't an entity that passively alters it's perceptions and mannerisms with each new host, but rather starts to ingrain it's own on said host. How much of Beacon Headmaster Ozpin was the physical and mentally sound 'man' that we actually saw, and how much of it was this never-dying spirit? To that end, despite being benevolent, I wouldn't get attached to 'Oscar'. To those who are familiar with GoTs, I am already getting a three-eyed Raven vibe with this process.

3 episodes in, one shaky fight, two massive revelations and I am liking this volume a lot more than any of the previous ones. By this stage, we'd met the cast in V1, we'd gotten to Penny's reveal to Ruby in V2, we'd met Qrow and Winter in V3, and we'd just learnt Sun is following Blake in V4. Yeah, this is by far the most intriguing volume to date.

On the Ozpin part, Oz said
eventually our souls will merge, so he's not a collection of voices- just two until the merging completes, then they'll be one person

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sat down today and watched Ep 3 myself.

Volume 5 has been pretty good 3 eps in. What I've liked the most so far is that the plot is still moving forward (although we need to see where Yang is again). Really curious how Blake is gonna meet up with the rest of RWBY.

Looking forward to seeing Team RNJR getting more training as they do need it, especially Jaune and Ruby.

Ruby x Oscar is definitely gonna happen, which I really don't want to lol

Kyo

Oct 25, 2017
Sat down today and watched Ep 3 myself.

Volume 5 has been pretty good 3 eps in. What I've liked the most so far is that the plot is still moving forward (although we need to see where Yang is again). Really curious how Blake is gonna meet up with the rest of RWBY.

Looking forward to seeing Team RNJR getting more training as they do need it, especially Jaune and Ruby.

Ruby x Oscar is definitely gonna happen, which I really don't want to lol

Agreed on all fronts. Especially regarding the topic of Yang, and the topic of that spoiler. Pls no.

Se7enSword

Oct 25, 2017
GA, USA
Finally i can click on all the spoiler buttons.

Not seeing a Yang appearance here was disappointing but hopefully that means she'll definitely get most of the screentime next episode. Heavy deathflags there for Blake's dad.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Episode 3
Overall a good episode. Echoing what others have been saying regarding the speech scene. Ilia's counter speech/rant edpecially had a lot of emotion behind it. Props to the VA. Also liked that the audience fell completely silent once Ghira suggested to take action and help the humans. Shows there is still a massive rift between the two races.
Side note: I was sorta expecting someone to snatch the scroll out of Ghira's hand as he was holding that up for so long.

Regarding Weiss' scene, I didn't expect to see the Spring Maiden so early. I like her voice and attitude and the fact that she's a full on bandit (and a high ranking one at that) and not just some captive. Will be interesting to see her dynamic with Raven and contrast that to Yang's.
The bandits should do their homework better though.That little cage is not holding a Schnee for very long given their powerful semblance. Weiss already getting ready to free herself.

On Oscar/Ozpin: I already suspected that this whole soul reincarnation thing wasn't Ozpin's first time and it's good to see that confirmed and explained properly. That also kind of means that there won't be much of Oscar left at one point in the future considering "Ozpin" has probably already merged many many souls given for how long that entity seems to be around. Kind of weird to think about. One day Oscar will just be another soul in the Ozpin collective. Dunno if that is the best fate.

Hope we get at least some Yang next ep. And some Raven. Preferably both together.

Also the intro song really grew on me. I like how uplifting it is. My second favorite now (Time to say goodbye still the GOAT).

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished Episode 3

You could basically hear the record screech to a halt when Ghira proposed that all of the faunus should go protect Haven. Ilia's VA did a fantastic job during Ghira's speech, you could feel the anger just oozing out of her voice. I'm surprised nothing else came out of that moment though.. unless they plan to have an event like a revolt occur later in the volume.

Spring Maiden sounds awesome, and I love the rough attitude she has with Weiss. That friction! Do I see a new ship on the horizon? I think so! For some reason I imagined her to be a captive in Raven's bandit group as well, but considering how quickly those goons stood to attention when she made her presence known it seems like she's no pushover.

Ozpin being able to control Oscar has awakened all of my fears of a Ruby x Oscar relationship. Could you imagine the shenanigans that could happen? NO THANK YOU!

Funny how Ozpin pointed out Ruby's weakness in unarmed combat just like Yang did in her character short. And that callout to Jaune for still not being able to activate his semblance... I'm not sure if the look he gave was one of embarrassment, or apologetic (because he's currently hiding it until he sees Cinder). Whatever it is, when we do get to see it it better be AWESOME.

Where is my girl Yang? She's been missing for two consecutive episodes, AGAIN. Didn't someone bring this up at the last RTX asking why Yang hasn't received as much focus as the other three girls on her team or am I just imagining it? I wanted to get a Yang/Weiss reunion but considering how this episode ended Weiss may be long gone by the time Yang gets there. Oh, and calling it now, I have a feeling Yang and Spring Maiden are going to be butting heads over Raven. Spring Maiden is going to think of Raven as her mom and Yang will become jealous and frustrated at the fact that Raven decided to care of some random kid instead of her own daughter.

Oh, and welcome aarcane and Jahranimo. Looking forward to your future impressions!

Oscar is like the reverse of the thousand year old dragon girl. Instead of this isn't creepy because despite her underage body she is really old, it is while this character has a young body, he is housing a soul thousands of years old. Not to mention who knows how many people have merge with Ozpin over the years. It just gives me the oogies.

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got around to watching the latest episode (been busy literally moving to Japan). If my posts now or in the next few days seem a bit incoherent, I apologize. It's probably the extreme jet lag.

Blake's Scene: Meh. Not bad, I suppose. Ghira gets to live another day, which is nice, but he's not going to survive this show. I just don't see him making it out alive.

Weiss: Oh come on! I was looking forward to finally seeing Winter again!!! Spring Maiden seems okay, I guess. My guess is that Yang is going to find Weiss' little mini-knight summon next episode as she approaches Raven's Camp and we'll get our first RWBY reunion either then or in the subsequent episode. That said, I'm really not enjoying these flashbacks of "Surely Yang will be there next week, right?!" from last year that RT are giving us right now. Especially after Miles owned up to that mistake in an interview a couple weeks ago.

Ruby: This was actually my favorite part of the episode by a significant margin. Props to Aaron Dismuke for his spot-on imitation of Ozpin after the switcheroo happened. Or at least, I think the majority of that performance was Dismuke. I know the opening lines were from Shannon McCormick, but it sounded like the bulk of Ozpin's lines were coming from Dismuke after that.

As for potential Rose Garden stuff, it's still a bit aways out before we'll get a more solid idea of whether or not the show will go there, but I get the feeling it's a likely possibility. My guess is that if it happens, there'll be some drama going on for awhile about the whole "Oscar slowly being assimilated into the Ozpin Singularity (insert trademark here)," but I picked up on something in Ozpin's explanation that might reveal the secret to Oscar's eventual "freedom."

The original Ozpin incarnation was "cursed" by the gods for failing to defeat Salem ages ago- so it's likely that Ozpin will pass on at the end of the series after RWBY & Co. defeat Salem for good, thus allowing Oscar to be his own person again.

Also, as an aside, I finally came up with the perfect description for RWBY Vols 1-5 thus far...

The Beacon Arc was essentially:
Vol 1: Set up Team RWBY and Beacon Academy
Vol 2: Monty Python Intermission Music plays
Vol 3: Tournament Ar-WHAT THE SWEET HELL IS GOING ON NOW?!

And so far, Haven Arc is:
Vol 4: You guys okay over there...? Ruby? Weiss? Blake? Jaune? Jaune? Nora? Rennn? I feel like I'm forgetting someone... ohrightyang.
Vol 5: Thin Lizzy's "The Boys Are Back In Town" plays

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also, as an aside, I finally came up with the perfect description for RWBY Vols 1-5 thus far...

The Beacon Arc was essentially:
Vol 1: Set up Team RWBY and Beacon Academy
Vol 2:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_vPKioDXvA
Vol 3: Tournament Ar-WHAT THE SWEET HELL IS GOING ON NOW?!

And so far, Haven Arc is:
Vol 4: You guys okay over there...? Ruby? Weiss? Blake? Jaune? Jaune? Nora? Rennn? I feel like I'm forgetting someone... ohrightyang.
Vol 5: Thin Lizzy's "The Boys Are Back In Town" plays

Ftfy.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Just finished Episode 3

Thanks! Looking forward to it myself, especially with how crazy I think Vol 5 will become as it goes on.

Ruby x Oscar
Weiss x Jaune
Ren x Nora
Blake x Yang
Sun dies alone

Besides Ruby, I'd be ok with this lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Ruby x Oscar
Weiss x Jaune
Ren x Nora
Blake x Yang
Sun dies alone

This seems like a rather plausible list. I'd also see the following being possible too:
- Sun x Ilia
- Jaune x Ruby (maybe)
- Jaune dies alone
- Weiss x Being a Strong Independent Schnee Who Don't Need No Man

Honestly, both Jaune and Sun seem like plausible candidates for either having a rebound romance or dying alone.

But yeah, it does seem likely that Ruby and Oscar are gonna hook up down the line. Yang x Blake and Ren x Nora are definitely happening though.

LOL A nice pick, but mine is more apt for Volume 2 as a whole.

Panthalassic

Oct 25, 2017
Really liking this season a lot more than 4, pacing is pretty good imo. The OP really is growing on me... might even be my favourite one? We'll see.

For some reason the thought of Ruby getting trained crossed my mind recently (perhaps in a dream??)

Ghira's totally dead. I'm not a big fan of the whole Fantasy Racism thing as a whole, but I think this plotline is extra on the nose.

And they're totally gonna pull a "Game of Thrones" this season, huh? (i.e. characters narrowly missing reuniting for dramatic tension).

P.S. where's yang? : (