• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yo...is anything more hype than I May Fall?

Cause damn this song is hype! Made that Velvet fight in Volume 3 insanely exciting, even though the fight would've been fine without it lol.

Oh hi btw, I'm excited for Volume 6 and have been rewatching the series in anticipation of it. I finished rewatching Vol. 3 today and man that season is dark. I'd forgotten some of the details so it's nice to see that part again as it really shapes what happens next significantly.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Pyrrah and penny agrees
Sigh...yup. When I was watching volume 1, got to Ozpin and I was like "hey that's really cool kinda dead guy", then I got to Pyrrah and was like "oh it's that really cool actually dead girl" then to Penny and I was like "yo the other cool dead girl" then I thought "Damn this show kills more than I realize" lol.
Also the way Yang loses her arm is just heartbreaking. She rushes in and Adam just did it so nonchalantly.

Hey there! Glad to have you here!
Glad to be here myself!

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ren your pajamas really shouldn't look flashier then your normal clothes.
ss_b890cd3caa13258b0e527b99601d7fa45bce9c8e.1920x1080.jpg

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mean the graphics, I mean the actual gameplay and content.

I recall opinions on it being that it was shallow and anemic. Like a Mid-2000's Wii/PS2 licensed-game.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yo I just saw the RT video about Vol. 6 being "only on Rooster Teeth" but in the video itself they only bring up how it won't be on YouTube because YT's changed and all that. I watch the show on Crunchyroll and they don't bring that up at all. Have they said somewhere if it'll be on CR or not? Also did CR get new episodes at the same time as RT subs in the past or not? I honestly forgot lol

Ren your pajamas really shouldn't look flashier then your normal clothes.
ss_b890cd3caa13258b0e527b99601d7fa45bce9c8e.1920x1080.jpg
I kinda want to get this game due to being all excited about RWBY because of rewatching. I've heard it's not particularly good but I think it's on sale on Steam so I wouldn't lose much.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
CR doesn't get it at the same time, but VRV does, at least as of Volume 5.

I would assume the same would hold true for Volume 6 given that RT-First is part of VRV's package.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda want to get this game due to being all excited about RWBY because of rewatching. I've heard it's not particularly good but I think it's on sale on Steam so I wouldn't lose much.
it's actually currently in a humble bundle

so for the next 3 days you can just buy it in the bundle for the same price as on Steam, and you'll get Phantom Brave, Kentucky Route Zero and a few other games with it.

oh and a month trial of FIRST for when the season hits I guess

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this season isn't another repeat of V4 but it kinda sounds like another travelling arc. Maybe it'll just take a few episodes to get to Atlas.

At least it looks like this Travel Arc will have some Charm this time.

Volume 4 felt so bland. Flat and without Character, just a lot of angst traveling through dead and forgettable copy/paste environments. Oh and of course the one thing everyone dreads: a Boat Arc™.

If all of Volume 6 can keep up with the feeling of that clip, I think it'll be golden.

Especially if Volumes 7-9 follow 1-3's examples and really flesh out Atlas instead of the cast packing their bags after a single volume.

-------------------------------------------

Honestly I can't help but really note that most anime people love (and coincidentally the Volumes of RWBY that people like the most) have a tendency to largely stick to a static and well cooked locale instead of jumping around left and right.

Remnant felt big and magical in the first three Volumes, but Volumes 4 and 5 made it feel kind of mundane and smaller. For lack of a better wording.

Playing the Kiseki games has really given me a bias for laser-focused settings.

Last edited:

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
At least it looks like this Travel Arc will have some Charm this time.

Volume 4 felt so bland. Flat and without Character, just a lot of angst traveling through dead and forgettable copy/paste environments. Oh and of course the one thing everyone dreads: a Boat Arc™.

If all of Volume 6 can keep up with the feeling of that clip, I think it'll be golden.

Especially if Volumes 7-9 follow 1-3's examples and really flesh out Atlas instead of the cast packing their bags after a single volume.
Yeah. I enjoyed the tone and levity in that short clip and I hope that they cut back on the angsty/moody stuff since it's clear that they're not able to pull it off. Pacing is also still an issue and they really need to stop dragging certain things out longer than they need to be. I'm still looking forward to the new season nonetheless.

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this season isn't another repeat of V4 but it kinda sounds like another travelling arc. Maybe it'll just take a few episodes to get to Atlas.

I doubt it.

Pure speculation from the trailer, but it looks like the train crashes or decouples, and RWBY, Qrow, Oscar and the old woman get separated from JNR.

So JNR might get there early, but I think the others won't get there until the end

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I watched the Adam character short for the next volume and found it very good. Adam is an interesting character. And the action in that is amazingly good. I found it much better than anything I've seen since the show adopted this current visual style.

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
So hyped for the new volume! Though having a newborn is cutting into my rwby time and rwby fanfic writing.

Yes, I've written fanfics before, sue me.

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
We're back! I'll be honest I wasn't super thrilled going back into this season because the more time that passed with Volume 5 the more I was really bothered by how it was handled and how disappointing everything was in its conclusion besides Raven vs. Cinder. Yet I'm invested so here I am again and lets dive into the episode...

So first and foremost, it was a good episode. Action still isn't super amazing but still feels like in general its getting better with some nice touches throughout the episode such as Qrow turning into his bird form in battle to basically teleport behind the biggest Grimm and the double Scythe kill of Ruby and Qrow at the end. Oscar continues to hit things well with his cane but its not exactly doing a lot of damage it appears XD

Glad to see Jaune's aura amp continue to be used both to heal people and to amplify others in this case Ren's Semblance so they can split up.

I loved the animation of Blake's cat ears in this episode, it feels much more noticeable now with her varying emotions. Also Sun is finally gone at least for now and it was nice to see a bit of Neptune as short as it was. Felt a bit odd that they didn't at least show Blake saying goodbye to her parents or introducing her team to them but eh what can you do.

It was nice to see everyone get a part in the battle as well and I was surprised they just killed off one of those asshat huntsmen so easily, I mean I wasn't expecting much from them but they were pros it seemed like just a little unexpected that they wouldn't even put up at least a little of a fight. Not a big deal just something that didn't sit right with me, dying in battle is one thing and these guys were clearly idiots but they'd been through more training then we ever saw any of the kids get at this point so it seemed silly that one would die in such a way, even if they were idiots.

Good group dynamic throughout the episode and had a lot of great group scenes. Ozpin continuing to not tell people things such as the fucking Relic attracts Grimm continue to urk me on him in general, you are going on a public train that will be going through Grimm territory and you didn't even think to tell anyone it will attract the fucking Grimm? Come the fuck on Oz.

Opening was also good, although I think it has one major spoilers (that they did a terrible job hiding) and hints at several things.

The spoiler is that Cinder is very clearly alive and is the robed person we see a few times in the trailer. At first I thought it might be Neo because you see what I think was Torchwicks hat at one point but the left arm is bandaged up and clearly doesn't look normal (like Cinder's Grimm arm) and at the end you see that person fighting with a sword that looks exactly like the swords Cinder uses so... Yeah Cinder is alive. Not surprised but idk what they are really going to do with her at this point and again I don't think they hid this well at all.

As for the things they hint at, well the new elderly woman seems to have some connection to silver eyes with the way they transitioned a shot going into her eys then into Rubys. Perhaps she was once a silver eyed warrior herself or maybe knows something about them, remains to be seen obviously but the connection is there. As for the other hint would be Qrow falling back into darkness which to me seems like a pretty big hint that something is going to happen to him this season, most likely dying. I thought he was going to die back in Volume 4 and even still he feels like the most expendable character at this point.

No hint in the opening of Raven or Tai at all so I'm guessing they aren't showing up this season either. Also weird part where we see Jaune manhandling Oscar, not sure what thats about but at least to me this makes it appear that the group likely won't be split up for a significant amount of time as Oscar is with Qrow and RWBY and Jaune and the rest of his team are now safely away in the train.

I really liked the direction of this opening, the animation feels a hell of a lot better then the last several and a lot of really good character moments and interesting setups for things such as Blake and Yang both seeing Adam in the window during the early part of the opening obviously suggesting hes still a big problem in both of their lives and really the person who divided them in the first place.

Good first episode, looking forward to more!

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that pretty much was most of my thoughts with this episode too haha. I did like the episode overall, but I'm really looking to see how the entire season is handled overall.

The intro I think is really good with what they're clearly going for this season.

So that part in the opening with a woman looking at the statue of Ozpin in his old body. I get the feeling that was Glenda. I do hope she comes back because she's another side character that really needs more back story and I wouldn't be surprised if she also agreed to he a vessel for one of the maidens.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
You can somewhat make out an umbrella like figure in the second scene with the hooded figure so it seems that Neo may play some kind of role this season. Will she be hunting Cinder or will she team up with her? I personally want to see a Punished Neo wrecking some shit but realistically speaking, it'll be the latter.

Oct 25, 2017
You can somewhat make out an umbrella like figure in the second scene with the hooded figure so it seems that Neo may play some kind of role this season. Will she be hunting Cinder or will she team up with her? I personally want to see a Punished Neo wrecking some shit but realistically speaking, it'll be the latter.

I feel the op hints more at the former than the later.

Because Neo and Roman never would have gotten involved if it wasn't for Cinder.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
I feel the op hints more at the former than the later.

Because Neo and Roman never would have gotten involved if it wasn't for Cinder.
I hope you're right but I'm curious if they'll bring Roman back. While he was simply swallowed whole, the grimm that ate him did crash and burn in the airship. I personally think he's the best antagonist in the series by a large margin and it's a shame that he was written out.

Oct 25, 2017
I hope you're right but I'm curious if they'll bring Roman back. While he was simply swallowed whole, the grimm that ate him did crash and burn in the airship. I personally think he's the best antagonist in the series by a large margin and it's a shame that he was written out.

The writers and the voice actor of Roman have confirmed he is dead.

He was only actually supposed to be in V1 only, but because they liked the actors performance so much they kept him around for longer than he was supposed to be.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
The writers and the voice actor of Roman have confirmed he is dead.

He was only actually supposed to be in V1 only, but because they liked the actors performance so much they kept him around for longer than he was supposed to be.
Finger's crossed then! Bringing him back would be blatant fan service but it's one I can get behind.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey speaking of Roman I was looking at some of the cards from Amity Arena and...
tumblr_ph6uybfM6N1s0tvg4_1280.png

Downloaded but haven't had a chance to play myself yet but I'm actually liking the presentation from what I've scene.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Similar to what others were saying, I was a bit apprehensive going into this due to what we got last season. A number of plot points were left unresolved, most notably for me being Yang and Blake's situation. That alone was both an important and vital scene that should've unfolded after the major battle, and the fact that it didn't felt like such a missed opportunity.

As for the episode:
Very, very strong opener. I didn't think it would be possible for their visuals to improve any further but wow, everything and everyone look amazing. I also see improvements in their fight choreography and I'm looking forward to how it continues to do so as we progress through the season. It's really good to see team RWBY whole again, and the banter between Ruby and Weiss makes me so giddy. While I'm still miffed that Blake and Yang weren't able to hash out their problem at the end of last season, THANK GOD it was at least touched on in this episode. The awkward glances from Blake when Yang talked during the train scene was an excellent touch, and I'm so relieved that their issue is highlighted in the Opening, if only to serve a reminder to us that they (KRWBY) haven't forgotten about that. It would've been nice if Blake brought up Ilia's feelings for her, because we never really got Blake's reaction to that due to what was going on at the time... but meh. As you would expect I was not a fan of the Sun and Blake scene, and the fact that she seemed so sad at seeing him go was so outta left field as she spent a good chunk of last season trying to get rid of him. I really hope he finds some other girl to pester wherever the hell he's heading so I won't have to deal with him any longer. Save the bees goddammit.

And is it me or was this episode a bit WhiteRose-y? I don't know if I'm just going insane from the Sun salt or whatever but if they are making that a thing, PLEASE MAKE IT A THING. Oh and those blended color petals when they were zipping and zooming as one? Heeeellll yes fam. Heellllllllll yes.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Similar to what others were saying, I was a bit apprehensive going into this due to what we got last season. A number of plot points were left unresolved, most notably for me being Yang and Blake's situation. That alone was both an important and vital scene that should've unfolded after the major battle, and the fact that it didn't felt like such a missed opportunity.

As for the episode:
Very, very strong opener. I didn't think it would be possible for their visuals to improve any further but wow, everything and everyone look amazing. I also see improvements in their fight choreography and I'm looking forward to how it continues to do so as we progress through the season. It's really good to see team RWBY whole again, and the banter between Ruby and Weiss makes me so giddy. While I'm still miffed that Blake and Yang weren't able to hash out their problem at the end of last season, THANK GOD it was at least touched on in this episode. The awkward glances from Blake when Yang talked during the train scene was an excellent touch, and I'm so relieved that their issue is highlighted in the Opening, if only to serve a reminder to us that they (KRWBY) haven't forgotten about that. It would've been nice if Blake brought up Ilia's feelings for her, because we never really got Blake's reaction to that due to what was going on at the time... but meh. As you would expect I was not a fan of the Sun and Blake scene, and the fact that she seemed so sad at seeing him go was so outta left field as she spent a good chunk of last season trying to get rid of him. I really hope he finds some other girl to pester wherever the hell he's heading so I won't have to deal with him any longer. Save the bees goddammit.

And is it me or was this episode a bit WhiteRose-y? I don't know if I'm just going insane from the Sun salt or whatever but if they are making that a thing, PLEASE MAKE IT A THING. Oh and those blended color petals when they were zipping and zooming as one? Heeeellll yes fam. Heellllllllll yes.

Haven't gotten to the episode yet but it's not like Sun and Blake were on bad terms at the end of Volume 5.
tumblr_inline_oki2qz4YPL1tidkj8_500.png

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I'm sorry but

Given all the shit Sun's gone through to help Blake and her family. To no benefit of himself.

I'd be fucking livid if Blake was ungrateful and spiteful to him.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man just playing through the tutorial and already Amity Arena blows away Grimm Eclipse in terms of presentation.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
I think my favorite thing about the new intro (there are actually a lot of things I like here, it might be the best one they've done on a pure visual/animation level)

is that Emerald just has a "I don't want to be here face" among all the other villains.

Emerald was never eager to be working for this universe's incarnation of Satan.