Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As the title says, what movie ending never fails to make you emotional as fuck, cry, be sad/depressed, etc etc.

I'll get the easy one out of the way:

Just so bittersweet. Makes me cry like newborn baby every time.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Sad beginning, sad middle, sad ending: Grave of the Fireflies. The whole movie shows up like "Oh hi, I heard you were enjoying your day. Let's fix that."

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Sad beginning, sad middle, sad ending: Grave of the Fireflies. The whole movie shows up like "Oh hi, I heard you were enjoying your day. Let's fix that."
On the contrary, that ending makes me hate the brother. >:(

He could have saved her but couldn't swallow his pride.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Terminator 2

tumblr_n33c6bvBvG1qcga5ro1_500.gif

This will never cease to make me cry.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Recent movies that had me reaching for tissues are funny enough two hero movies, we've come a long way.
When Laura says daddy I'm done.

Mary Poppin's deserved this funeral

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Logan recently got me to cry.

The entirety of Land Before Time got me to cry as a kid.

Cosmo Kramer

Prophet of Regret - Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
México
Freeeeeedoooooom in Braveheart, the moment he screams that line i lose it, everytime.

A recent one, the ending of A star is born

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Fellowship of the Ring. Boromir's death and Frodo standing by the river...

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, specifically what Rocket says and Peter realizing what he's feeling...

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The Land Before Time

Reign Over Me

Friday the 13th pt 4 the final chapter. When I was younger because Jason died, as an adult because it was Corey Fucking Feldman that killed him.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

(embedding is disabled, click on the title of the video)

I guess you could say it's cheating because it's so powerful because of real life events and not something that happened in the movie, but it's an absolutely amazing farewell to Paul Walker.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Unforgiven

"...And there was nothing on the marker to explain to Mrs. Feathers why her only daughter had married a known thief and murderer, a man of notoriously vicious and intemperate disposition."

The text, music, and sunset vista all combine together, and I just start crying. The movie talks about Will and his wife constantly, but it isn't until the end (after "he" returns) you realize how special what they had was.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
I cry every time I watch the ending of TLJ. Everything comes together so beautifully and emotionally for me. Especially during the Luke and Leia scene.

(I said "for me." Please don't turn this into a TLJ thread. Please).

On the contrary, that ending makes me hate the brother. >:(

He could have saved her but couldn't swallow his pride.

Funny enough, that's sort of the point. The author of the semi-autobiographical book its based on is the older brother (he didn't actually die), and he ended up writing his character to die in the end because of the guilt he felt for letting her die (to represent it, in a way).

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Gallipoli, 1981 film directed by one Peter Weir

Admittedly it doesn't work so well in isolation.

It's broadly speaking historically accurate, albeit embellished in the details. Takes place during the Battle of The Nek at Gallipoli during the WWI Dardanelles campaign.

There was to be an attack by Australian Light Horse (serving as infantry) over a narrow ridge. The plan was for them to be proceeded by an artillery bombardment to suppress the Ottoman defenders. However the bombardment ended several minutes earlier than intended so the defenders had time to prepare. The Australians stuck to the plan and sent successive waves of men into the attack, with virtually all of them gunned down before getting anywhere near the enemy trenches. The soldiers of the second and third wave had to charge after having seeing the first wave cut down.

The very last shot is based on an eyewitness account.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Dancer in the Dark

Even if you don't watch the entire movie, just the ending segment alone is heartbreaking to watch.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Coco.

Me and my mother were both crying like babies towards the end, it's such a beautiful movie.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I teared up in the theaters watching Logan when Laura turned the cross sideways to make a X.

I found the end of Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King profoundly sad, even though I had already read the book by that point. The acting and direction just sold it so well.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea what it is about the ending of Where The Wild Things Are that destroys me, but I can't watch that movie too often because I break down when Carol breaks down.