• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which character will you be starting with?

• Diva No. 5

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • Siugnas the Dismal King

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Bonnie Blair & Formina Franklyn

Votes: 24 31.6%
  • Tsunanori Mido

Votes: 13 17.1%
  • Ameya Aisling

Votes: 8 10.5%

• Total voters

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
I'm generally liking the format of Ameya's story, it has some much needed grounding that Tsunanori lacked, but only getting to spend less than fifteen minutes in the Crowrealm after having to spend 2+ hours going through all of Grelon again..........

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
Finally getting to start. Picking up Diva and finished the first world. Did Brightholm and got a new frame. Pleasantly surprised that the frame changes how she looks in the overworld and in cutscenes as well.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
So uh for folks what completed Ameya's route already, how did that play out for you? Because for me the dialogue strongly implied I flopped somehow: I only got to visit two other worlds besides Miyako City, there was no final boss, and both Dear Ol Ma and Lolo were like "you prooooobably should have collected more of your magic power and more mana." For my actions, every time my options got down to Two Cat Events and One Story Event I would go do the Story Event, maybe I should waited until there was only one Cat Event before doing the Story Event? I was trying to heed Lolo's warning about not focusing too much on Cat Collecting....

OP
OP
Jakenbakin

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
Are there any defensive strategies for enemy attacks that hit all party members if you can't stun the boss? Can you interrupt all boss attacks if you have the right interrupt?

Noticing all the big bosses just do full party attacks so idk what you can do besides use a formation with higher defense/lower damage, though with lower damage the fight may last more rounds which means the boss gets off more all-party attacks, so not sure that helps.
If a boss is doing an AoE your best bet is to use deflect and parry techs (or any others that protect others/self) and everyone else just guard. You can try to stun as well but man I have shit luck with stunning and even have monstrously high dex (affects proc rate) on my "dedicated" debuffer. Scarlet Grace had a decent way of ensuring you could put status ailments on enemies, this one they changed it so it's based on remaining HP so that kind of sucks. You get to recognize fuck-you moves pretty quickly, but you might also have luck using L2/LT to check the ⭐BP value of moves on the timeline if you're not sure. There's also some techs or weapons that let you still block or evade when performing an attack, if you look at the bottom of page 2 I posted the icon (the same icon is constantly on the top of your in battle UI, I guess for general guarding parameters of each weapon? Not sure). That's kind of some fine detail stuff I've never bothered with though.
What does "Quell" mean in an attack?

When you see an enemy with ????? for their tech, it means they are prepping a conditional techs. Generally speaking you want your first acting character/s on the timeline to quell any enemy conditionals. You MIGHT end up getting hit by the conditional all the same, if it's one intended to target your weapon that you are trying to quell them with. The game suggests learning which enemies use which conditionals with experience, but I can't do that so I just quell and cross my fingers. Either way it's important to address them earlier in the timeline than having them pop up as a surprise in the middle of a combo and fucking your shit up. Sometimes you can see funny situations like a whole enemy retinue prepping conditionals, in which case you could just safely start casting spells or ignore them and skip the turn for free BP, since they could only act in response to your actions.

Totakeke

Oct 25, 2017
What kind of weaknesses can an Ore have? Is it just one out of all the physical damage types and elemental damage types?

Schopenhauer

Oct 27, 2017
Been playing Diva No 5. Her scenario is kind of a slow burn at first because it takes a while to start unlocking her equipment slots and other stuff. Robots are a bit more work in general since you need to develop armaments to unlock the better robot skills, but once you do they are very handy.

One trick for figuring out what kind of conditional an enemy is using is to use your own interrupts to try and see what attack type the enemy with ??? is using. Then make a mental note like, if the demon type enemies ??? is slashing it is safe to quell, otherwise it will attack your whole party.

What kind of weaknesses can an Ore have? Is it just one out of all the physical damage types and elemental damage types?
They can always be hit by the null damage type. Otherwise it seems random to me.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
I'm definitely feeling that Diva is not a good starting character. Her story's really aimless and she has very little reaction to any of the worlds so far. Kind of wish I started with someone else but I'd already had progress into the PC demo and wanted to continue with that...

One problem I have with robots is since they use all gear and the best gear gives the robots the best stat boosts if I have a nice high damage unique weapon I have to decide whether to use it on Diva to boost stats considerably and maybe give a good attack, or give it to an attacker teammate that actually uses that type of weapon and the new weapon would be a major damage boost for them. Right now my best sword in my party is being used on Diva :|

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
miWS3Tzh.jpg

Can someone explain what they are talking about? I don't understand how your combo can grab an enemy's combo?

fxv7wEFh.jpg

In Diva's starting party, Wednesday is a Relic Bearer who has relic weapons. Great at first but now they're getting left behind because the mats to upgrade those weapons are beyond what I have and everyone else is getting +1 or higher more unique weapons. Any idea how to get more of these relic type weapons? Or is the only way from upgrading the starting ones or giving them normal weapons without the monster capturing relic part?

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain what they are talking about? I don't understand how your combo can grab an enemy's combo?
Say an enemy uses 3 squares for the attack they're using. If you defeat that enemy within a united attack, all 3 of those square's they were hogging become yours, that is a capture. This could also allow you to connect allies who are further down the timeline, adding them to the in progress combo.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Say an enemy uses 3 squares for the attack they're using. If you defeat that enemy within a united attack, all 3 of those square's they were hogging become yours, that is a capture. This could also allow you to connect allies who are further down the timeline, adding them to the in progress combo.

So they're talking about a Scarlet Grace thing where you kill an enemy between your groups to join them?

A = Ally
E = Enemy

A_A_A_E_A_

and the enemy is killed during AAA's triple united attack so the 4th Ally links up and joins them. Is that the capture they're talking about here?

Actually it says "capture to create" so you can't start with a united attack combo and it wants you to do this?

A1______A2_E1_A3

And the first Ally kills the enemy with A2 and A3 set to do attacks and then A2 and A3 join and the combo is created. Maybe it's that?

Schopenhauer

Oct 27, 2017
So they're talking about a Scarlet Grace thing where you kill an enemy between your groups to join them?

A = Ally
E = Enemy

A_A_A_E_A_

and the enemy is killed during AAA's triple united attack so the 4th Ally links up and joins them. Is that the capture they're talking about here?

Actually it says "capture to create" so you can't start with a united attack combo and it wants you to do this?

A1______A2_E1_A3

And the first Ally kills the enemy with A2 and A3 set to do attacks and then A2 and A3 join and the combo is created. Maybe it's that?
When you kill the enemy during a combo the spaces its tech takes up on the timeline get captured by you, so yeah if you have an ally in range once the enemy is defeated that ally will join in on the combo. That is what it is referring to.

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017

A = Ally
E = Enemy

A_A_A_E_A_

A1______A2_E1_A3

So like, if the enemy is using Slap, lets say it has a combo range of five so it would look like _ _ E _ _

So in this situation: A1 _ A2 _ A3 _ _ E _ _ _ A4 _
A1, A2, A3 are in a united attack and attack E

If you kill E it'll become A1 _ A2 _ A3
_ _ _ _ _ _ A4 _
The enemy grid becomes green, allowing the combo range to extend to A4, bringing them into the United attack despite being 5 spaces away from A3, this is because killing E gave you their 5 spaces, allowing you to connect with A4

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
So like, if the enemy is using Slap, lets say it has a combo range of five so it would look like _ _ E _ _

So in this situation: A1 _ A2 _ A3 _ _ E _ _ _ A4 _
A1, A2, A3 are in a united attack and attack E

If you kill E it'll become A1 _ A2 _ A3
_ _ _ _ _ _ A4 _
The enemy grid becomes green, allowing the combo range to extend to A4, bringing them into the United attack despite being 5 spaces away from A3, this is because killing E gave you their 5 spaces, allowing you to connect with A4

And just to clarify, A4 will need to have been set to do an attack and not be defending, correct?

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018

Thanks, I'll try to knock this trial out next session to test it.

I've been hesitant to do the repeatable battles in the worlds a bunch of times because SaGa battle rank. But otoh I want to keep fighting so I can keep practicing and getting my party more in shape for how I want them. Tough dilemma. Combat is the best part and it's a little annoying that you get punished for sticking to the combat instead of the VN -> one battle -> VN -> one battle drip feed.

Obviously way too early to know much about how battle rank works here and if it's one of the ones where you can really screw yourself if you grind a bunch or not.

I kind of think SaGa should do a roguelike entry that's just a pure dungeon crawler with no story and only battles. Maybe that's Unlimited SaGa? Never played that one.

Schopenhauer

Oct 27, 2017
And just to clarify, A4 will need to have been set to do an attack and not be defending, correct?
An easy way to accomplish this is to use an interrupt to kill an enemy that is between two allies using techs on the timeline. The interrupt automatically forms a combo with the ally that attacked before the enemy if the techs connect on the timeline.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Oh thank god, LP gets restored between worlds. So many of my characters got fucking massacred on witch world.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
All this time we thought the Necronomicon was full of deadites.

Turns out its just a flying meerkat.

Saito Hikari

Jul 3, 2021
miWS3Tzh.jpg

Adding to what everyone else said, I have a video showing it in actual practice. It's actually much simpler than it looks, but you'll have to make sure you are actually going to KO the enemy you are trying to steal their combo range from, and not using a stun/paralysis technique either because canceling an enemy action removes their combo range.

(Skip to 3:17)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAB7CNezELs

---

Still chugging along on Diva's route.

Boudica and Constantine are the MVPs by far. Boudica dishes out absolutely hilarious amounts of damage with Gravedigger, and I can get ultra cheeky since mine sparked a provoke AND a counterattack. At one point my Boudica ended up with a showstopper on turn 2 and she solo'd 3 enemies by herself.

Constantine's Covering Fire is great for shoving that combo meter up, and he also gets to do Boudica's cheeky provoke + counterattack shit if he wants to, along with having a bunch of interrupts.

Also, I just got a formation that sounds hilariously busted. Although on second thought, the default formation is way more comfy.

image.png

Last edited:

Schopenhauer

Oct 27, 2017
Still chugging along on Diva's route.

Boudica and Constantine are the MVPs by far. Boudica dishes out absolutely hilarious amounts of damage with Gravedigger, and I can get ultra cheeky since mine sparked a provoke AND a counterattack. Constantine's Covering Fire is great for shoving that combo meter up, and he also gets to do Boudica's cheeky provoke + counterattack shit if he wants to, along with having a bunch of interrupts.
Definitely agree with you. I was originally thinking of trying out an all robot team for Diva's route, but ended up liking Diva's starting team too much to sideline them.

Also curious if carrying over data between different characters works the same as Scarlet Grace? Mostly just wondering if characters keep their techs if you carry over the data and if you can decide if you want to keep tech levels and all that?

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, can you not go back to worlds you've finished?

Definitely wasn't strong enough to defeat the optional boss in Diva's first world so thought I could save it for later.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Showstoppers let you win due to an ally death much more commonly than you could in SSG.

But yeah, I've played ~6 hours of a Diva run plus the demos on each platform and I think I'm with you preferring SSG. It's still better than damn near every other JRPG battle system, but Unite Attacks/Showstoppers are so powerful and easy to pull off that it feels like you're pigeonholed into a single playstyle, and fighting single enemies doesn't really feel very different from groups.
Yeah, I'm kind of with you so far.

Just about everything else in SEB is better but I find SSG's battle system superior at the moment.

Apollo

Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure I like the item trading system. Maybe I'm dumb and don't currently get it, but both options feel like real pains in the butt

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
The combat is so sublime. I picked Ameya and I'm in Grelon or whatever. I wish I could go back to the starting city. I got a lot of Gravity Rush vibes. Pretty abrupt how you just go to a new world. Fuck your classmates I guess. One thing I haven't messed with is weapon enhancements. Is it worth doing whenever possible? I still just have the starting weapons.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
I'm 10+ hours into Diva's route now and starting to struggle to the point where I'm failing hard battles and normal battles end with a lot of dead people.

I feel like my party sucks and everyone is weak and has low stats and dies quick. Haven't grinded at all and the small amount of stat increases and glimmers from the story battles haven't really grown the party much from the start tbh. I feel like my biggest leaps in strength are when I recruit new characters and they have better stats/attacks so I replace someone in my party with them. Or when I can upgrade a weapon or armor to +1.

I fought a dragon in the
sand world
and honestly I really shouldn't have won. I fought like 3 times and just got some lucky RNG and squeaked by on the 3rd attempt, but the dragon would hit all-party lightning super hard, one-shot individuals and paralyze everyone and had tons of HP and I had to just chip away in combos.

I found a dragon later in the story in the
war vs evil cleft world
and it was a dragon + 2 normal mobs and yeah dragon had same stats as the previous one and there was no way I was beating this. Luckily losing the battle still continued the story. If I had to win that fight to progress I might've been completely stuck and unable to clear this route.

I like the game a lot, but I really can't wait for this route to be over so I can start a new fresh run with an easier character.

Right now my party is:

1. Diva-5 in tank, though I just got the floating Eva unit so going to try that but Quad Missile is hard to lose; I have pursuit attack to break up enemy combos, single enemy attacks w/quell and quad missiles for group.
2. Other tank mecha from starting world; have interrupt; single w/quell; all-enemy attacks
3. Wednesday - interrupts, quell attacks, airwave all enemy hitting, parry
4. Scarecrow w/Shotgun - big high damage single enemy hit attacks w/quell, 1 spell, deflect
5. Dolores from Dismal King world - high damage interrupt, also good gun stuff for chain/lower star interrupts, quell, stuns

Sometimes I switch in the Werewolf instead of Scarecrow but my monster attacks are all too weak. Basically just a lot of Scratch IIIs

Pretty much just doing united chain combos while quelling ???s and using the formation that lowers BP cost after combo so I can spam the 3-4 star kind of attacks like Scarecrow's shotgun, Quad-Missile, Dolores' axe interrupt; Wednesday's Airwave, etc...

I just feel like my damage output is very low. I have no idea how to do the Mrs. S challenge for defeating all enemies in 2 turns. Fights with normal mobs probably take me about 5-7 turns.

SpoonyGundam

Nov 18, 2018
Not sure I like the item trading system. Maybe I'm dumb and don't currently get it, but both options feel like real pains in the butt
It does add a lot of busywork between encounters. I'm using the trade-in to exchange starter gear for basic materials I'm low on, and buying higher tier materials with the other trade option.

I get why they included the trading system, but it doesn't feel great. You get locked into worlds and usually can't really control what kind of materials you're getting, so you need to be able to get the ones you're missing some other way or you'll never be able to upgrade.

OP
OP
Jakenbakin

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
The great tree was a super cute world, I liked that. I like how the Junction/Beyond/Heavens etc can change up the background, after leaving the tree world it turned into this:

VjvU3R7.jpeg

Having got my first thrall and immediately turning them into a vampire knight... this is awesome haha. Vampire techs can be costly on your LP but you can also easily recover 2 LP every fight when you unlock it so long as you can equip 2 roles. Can't wait to have a crew of vampire knights in the future.

Schopenhauer

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like my party sucks and everyone is weak and has low stats and dies quick. Haven't grinded at all and the small amount of stat increases and glimmers from the story battles haven't really grown the party much from the start tbh. I feel like my biggest leaps in strength are when I recruit new characters and they have better stats/attacks so I replace someone in my party with them. Or when I can upgrade a weapon or armor to +1.

I fought a dragon in the
I still haven't found any magic stones in Diva's route other than the preorder ones to upgrade the more advanced weapons to +1 and I am a bit further than you.

For dragons it is really helpful to have a character than can draw aggro and counterattack like Boudica with her greatsword an katana skills or setting one of the robots up as a tank. You can also have characters with higher hp totals protect other party members or defend during the dragons group attacks to reduce some of that damage.

Apollo

Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
shoutout to the absolute mvp ADMINISTRATOR GOLD

im 19 hours into siugnas playthrough and you're still the actual protagonist

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
I still haven't found any magic stones in Diva's route other than the preorder ones to upgrade the more advanced weapons to +1 and I am a bit further than you.

For dragons it is really helpful to have a character than can draw aggro and counterattack like Boudica with her greatsword an katana skills or setting one of the robots up as a tank. You can also have characters with higher hp totals protect other party members or defend during the dragons group attacks to reduce some of that damage.

Yeah, all my upgrades are stuck behind either magic stones which I have 0, or Ironsteel which is hard to get large amounts of on a regular basis (one of the repeatable trials gives 1).

Thanks for the tips on dragons. Good ideas, but my party is definitely not built for some of that. I haven't really used Boudica or Constantine from the starting group and I have maybe 2 characters with counter-attacks but they either don't have a provoke skill so using those are always wasted turns as they never end up getting targeted, or they are paper thin defense and don't survive the attack to counter it.

Using parry/deflect is a nice idea for full party attacks, but considering that like a dragon's first attack is usually an all-party elemental skill and you start with like 4 stars and a parry/deflect for a single character costs 3 stars, it's not very practical. I guess if you keep the BP going down during the fight then the future all-party attacks you can use that.

Biggest issue I have with dragon fights are the full party paralysis attacks. That is the RNG that decides whether I have a chance in the fight or just automatically lose it. Don't have strong even gear to block that on everyone. One of my characters just got a spell that blocks status effects on one character for 15 turns, but taking two turns to cast it, not going to get that off on more than 1 or 2 characters in a fight. Maybe the status effect defense up formation would help, but I think it lowers attack on everyone and dragons are so tanky I don't think you can risk doing even lower damage if you want to outsurvive one.

At this point I've been able to handle everything in the game so far, but I just don't think I can handle dragons. Hopefully not many more dragons before Diva5's ending. Will try to build a better anti-dragon party next run.

shoutout to the absolute mvp ADMINISTRATOR GOLD

im 19 hours into siugnas playthrough and you're still the actual protagonist

Yeah, Quad Missile + Large HP and ability to quell and provoke goes a long way. Nice to get mechs that come fully loaded with slots of good gear.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Ran into an encounter where I basically can't win unless I go first? If I can't stun the enemy that's attacking or quell the other one that uses a chain, they both just go off and kill my whole party every time.

Welcome to SaGa to me, I guess. I managed to beat it, just needed to retry a few times and get lucky so the enemy only got one extra unite attack out of the deal.

Last edited:

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I completely fucked up Lolo's move set somehow because I didn't understand how Unleash and monster skills worked. I didn't realize Unleash got rid of skills so now he doesn't have this super useful Pursuit tech. Fuuuuck. Does he have to deal the finishing blow personally or can he still absorb a monster by just being part of a United Attack that kills the monster?

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
There are some worlds that are cool but I'm really not looking forward to replaying them over and over. Hopefully can skip or find a path that's quick and avoiding fights in the future runs.

Like the
Mole underground

I've been in this zone for like 3-4 hours now, which is a long time. There's tons of normal battles and boss battles. And they aren't easy. Normal repeatable RNG spawning encounters blocking your path have mini-boss characters like Psychic Ogres that can wipe me if I get a bad setup/RNG/don't take out smaller enemies first,

mxf7bdZh.jpg

and then multiple tough bosses including a freaking TURN limit boss fight, which I just barely cleared by the skin of my teeth:

f9NurfQh.jpg

E0yCngNh.jpg

And it's still not over! I like this world but yeah I don't want to have to keep redoing it on future runs. The main issue with this world at least is running into a lot of normal encounters that take a good 5-10 mins each because they're challenging. Really drags out the world time length. Hopefully not a lot of worlds like this one. Haven't run into any other world that's like this with so many unskippable long normal encounters.

*edit* alright, finally cleared that world...and still can't go to the next "green ! msq world"; Diva5's campaign is so long. I wonder how many of the 17 worlds you need to fully clear to get to the end with her.

Last edited:

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
My team's finally feeling stronger. Getting a lot of high level techs for my non-mecha characters which actually do good damage, especially in combos and tech skills are getting higher increasing damage. And while I can't upgrade the unique weapons because no magic stones, can at least upgrade the armors to combat armor and stuff which helps a lot. Diva5's still the flimsiest because even throwing armor on mecha slots, doesn't give a ton of stat gain.

Given this, and that the world I did after the previous one I was in is full of "easy" battles which I used to knock out a lot of S trials, I kind of think the eventual progression strategy for this game will be to do certain worlds first and build up your party's techs/stats/gear and then do the harder worlds last. Just right now there's no idea which worlds are "hard" and which are "easy"

Also I fought the car monster we were talking about earlier in the thread from old SaGa, and I couldn't figure out why sometimes I'd do 0 damage and then the next turn I'd do actual damage with the same attack?

This guy
sanR8Ljh.jpg

I don't really understand most enemies/bosses at all in terms of strengths/weaknesses. Like there's a Mr. S trial to "hit enemy weaknesses" but how the hell am I supposed to know if I'm hitting a weakness since the game doesn't flash "weak" like Megaten or anything?

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really understand most enemies/bosses at all in terms of strengths/weaknesses. Like there's a Mr. S trial to "hit enemy weaknesses" but how the hell am I supposed to know if I'm hitting a weakness since the game doesn't flash "weak" like Megaten or anything?

I think Criticals mean you hit their weakness

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
I think Criticals mean you hit their weakness

Interesting. So guaranteed crits on weakness? That would definitely change up my strategy for certain fights.

I don't remember that being a thing in some of the earlier SaGa games I've played, but then again I didn't play Scarlet, so if that's how it was in Scarlet that would make sense here.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
The Tips menu (Tips -> Combat Techniques -> Critical Hits) also says that enemies can't block something they're weak to, but otoh I don't really see many enemies actually blocking things anyway so

Saito Hikari

Jul 3, 2021
There are some worlds that are cool but I'm really not looking forward to replaying them over and over. Hopefully can skip or find a path that's quick and avoiding fights in the future runs.

Like the
Mole underground

I've been in this zone for like 3-4 hours now, which is a long time. There's tons of normal battles and boss battles. And they aren't easy. Normal repeatable RNG spawning encounters blocking your path have mini-boss characters like Psychic Ogres that can wipe me if I get a bad setup/RNG/don't take out smaller enemies first,

mxf7bdZh.jpg

and then multiple tough bosses including a freaking TURN limit boss fight, which I just barely cleared by the skin of my teeth:

f9NurfQh.jpg

E0yCngNh.jpg

And it's still not over! I like this world but yeah I don't want to have to keep redoing it on future runs. The main issue with this world at least is running into a lot of normal encounters that take a good 5-10 mins each because they're challenging. Really drags out the world time length. Hopefully not a lot of worlds like this one. Haven't run into any other world that's like this with so many unskippable long normal encounters.

*edit* alright, finally cleared that world...and still can't go to the next "green ! msq world"; Diva5's campaign is so long. I wonder how many of the 17 worlds you need to fully clear to get to the end with her.
A tip for this specific world: You can actually just dig other paths if you run into an encounter blocking the way, eventually the path with the encounter gets caved in again and you can just dig past it.

Yeah, all my upgrades are stuck behind either magic stones which I have 0, or Ironsteel which is hard to get large amounts of on a regular basis (one of the repeatable trials gives 1).

I've only found magic stones through the trading system so far, and they usually ask for like 8 Ironstones. I think you need trading rank 3 before magic stones start showing up, and even then it's quite rare.

I'm at trading rank 5 right now, and I'm starting to notice more equipment trades (especially ones that grant spells, but I still don't have what they're asking for), and high end materials that I can't actually use yet.

I also found a weapon that crafts into something that grants a spell! My Diva's party finally has access to spells! (The other option teaches a unique gun tech instead.)

image.png

(I found it while fishing for food for the Warden of Gluttony, after the first battle in that event.)

Last edited:

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
I'm assuming the Mr. S trials and trading levels carry over between NG+ runs with other characters, right? Anything else that carries over if you do a different character after the first clear?

16.5 hours into Diva's scenario now and have only done one completely optional world. Guessing hers is like 20-30 hours depending on how many optional worlds you do. It felt like the progression went

Section 1 - World 1 - forced
Section 2 - World 2 or 3 or 4 - pick one
Section 3 - Like 10 different worlds available, ~3 have the mandatory green symbol and doing any of them will move the game to the next section if you pick one, the other ~7 are optional and seems like you can skip them or do them all
Section 4 - There's 4 or so worlds that all have the blue "..." optional content but seems like you have to do all 4 of them before you can advance the main story

That's where I'm at just finishing up that section. I'm going to guess after you do all 4 of the blue "..." worlds, you unlock the next green world which is the final Diva5 world before endgame (that will unlock the last gear slot and probably another mech form)

ArcticDonkey

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
If you're on PC, a little QoL tip I seen on the subreddit is to use cheat engine to increase the game speed to 1.4. This feels about the same as the speed up unlocked after a playthrough of Scarlet Grace and does a lot to make the menus feel smoother. The game doesn't feel "hacky" or anything and all sound plays as normal.

The normal speed is fine and not the biggest deal in the world but I've been spoiled by speed up being way more commonplace in recent RPGs.

Anyway I'm starting to gel with the combat a lot more and things are falling into place. I'm still not all the way there but I'm not flailing anymore and at least have the basics down. Had a long run of breezing through fights and just got thrashed by my first dragon. It wasn't a complete stomp like the Brutal boss I stumbled into before but it also wasn't exactly close. The game continued after the loss but I might reload and see if I can manage it. I might actually try something other than the default formation.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Documenting how my games/worlds have played out, so like spoilers:
First world: Witchdom, seemed to actually just be part of his intro

Second world: Yomi. Used all the sneaky methods of handling the Wardens, the final battle ended up against all four of them at the same time. Imakoo joined me.

Third world: Delta Base. Unlocked all the elevators on the lower floors, but only followed the Green Division missions to completion (the Uber Bugs thing). Freed Urashima Taro and opened the box. Administrator Gold joined.

Fourth world: Grelon. Unfroze the researcher at the beginning but never unfroze the mayor, and all the dreams were horrific nightmares of the empire's collapse. The final battle was against a ghostly version of the Final Emperor who wanted to possess Alexandre.

Climax: The final boss was the Mystery Man attacking me right at the door back to Miyako City. Afterwards, I was allowed to walk around in Miyako, but the only thing I could do was go to the central shrine and use the spirits/kugutsu to put the barrier back up.

I know there's supposed to be more (like I literally skimmed a youtube video and saw that there's supposed to be more). I wonder if it was because I didn't pick up strong enough spirits during my mission?

First world: Miyako City. Since Lolo said I can't spend all my time chasing cats and I need to also focus on gaining mana, I would only collect cats until my options were two cat events and a story event, then go do the story. I think the last Miyako event I got with her was either the Pollen Prince or the Music Teacher?

Second world: Grelon, again. This time I unfroze the mayor but left the researcher frozen the whole time, and most of the dreams had a more positive view of the Final Emperor (the Skier's and the Researcher down at the church were still pretty bleak, but both were different than the ones I saw in Tsunanori's run). The final battle was against a demonic version of the Final Emperor, who had been corrupted because he was sealing away the darkness.

Third world: Crowerealm. I met Scarecrow, went to the human area and spoke to a woman about Pandora, and then next event was Ameya finding a cat and bouncing back to Miyako.

Climax: Ameya and Lolo abruptly return to the Witchdom, she passed her Witchtrials, but Ameya's mom commented on me not collecting all her magic powers and Lolo commented on how he wished he could see a full chalice. No final boss, but the characters mentioned the upcoming Calamity.

Obviously, there's more to see here.

First world: Brightholm. It doesn't seem like I had any way to influence these events.

Second World: The Ocean World Whose Name I forgot. Teamed up with the Pirate Guy. Saved the architect on the boat, helped the researcher, handed the Egg over, missed out on the parrot's treasure because I was on the big ship when I found it. The final battle was a couple of rounds against Balthazar, I believe? Pirate Guy wished for the Water God to make the Ocean world peaceful again, and stayed behind with the Guardian Lady. Another Pirate (Sigurd?) showed up in a post world stinger claiming he'd be the main character next time? The Shipbuilder, the Architect, and the Business Lady all ended up being captivated by the Dismal King.

Third World: Crowrealm. At the human settlement, a different person told me about Pandora. Met an Engineer and she gave me a new Robot party member, and then we dug up all the points of interest around the map, resulting in finding three doohickies that would allow us to defeat Pandora. The last battle ended up being against a Dragon who started the battle with Strength and Speed debuffs? The Wiseman and the Guy From The Human Settlement ended up being Captivated by the Dismal King.

Fourth World: Miyako City baby. We'll see how it goes.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
What the heck I beat Ameya's story. I feel like I missed something. That was so sudden. I beat Grelon and Crowrealm, even got two new party members in Crowrealm. Then she peaces out and heads to Pulchra. Lolo makes a comment about how maybe I could've gathered more mana but I don't see how. Did I mess up?

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
What the heck I beat Ameya's story. I feel like I missed something. That was so sudden. I beat Grelon and Crowrealm, even got two new party members in Crowrealm. Then she peaces out and heads to Pulchra. Lolo makes a comment about how maybe I could've gathered more mana but I don't see how. Did I mess up?

In like the first interview about Emerald Beyond, Kawazu said that Ameya's route has a lot of possible endings, but it seems like everyone I've seen talk about it have gotten the same result. I think next time I play through I'm gonna just focus on picking up Cats and see what happens.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
If you're on PC, a little QoL tip I seen on the subreddit is to use cheat engine to increase the game speed to 1.4. This feels about the same as the speed up unlocked after a playthrough of Scarlet Grace and does a lot to make the menus feel smoother. The game doesn't feel "hacky" or anything and all sound plays as normal.

The normal speed is fine and not the biggest deal in the world but I've been spoiled by speed up being way more commonplace in recent RPGs.

Yeah, I love using Cheat Engine for rpgs on PC. Made FF Pixel Remasters really enjoyable and I plan on using it for the RS2/RS3 remasters when I get around to them since those are a bit slow.

Haven't really had an issue with the speed in this one yet, mostly because I spend a lot of time staring and thinking about what to do next. But yeah, might try it at 1.4 and see how it feels.

Anyway I'm starting to gel with the combat a lot more and things are falling into place. I'm still not all the way there but I'm not flailing anymore and at least have the basics down. Had a long run of breezing through fights and just got thrashed by my first dragon. It wasn't a complete stomp like the Brutal boss I stumbled into before but it also wasn't exactly close. The game continued after the loss but I might reload and see if I can manage it. I might actually try something other than the default formation.

So I got trashed on my first two dragons like that, then I fought a 3rd one with my party stronger on both attacks and defensive gear and it wasn't really any worse than your average boss type enemy and won pretty easily. I feel like getting good armor to decrease the damage makes a huge difference (like upgrading protective armor chain) and having a few big damage attacks you can put at the end of a 4-5 person chain for like a 250-300 damage hit goes a long way.

Schopenhauer above wrote some good strategies on Dragons, but in addition, just upping your armor and attack goes a long way for fighting them. I'm finally not scared encountering dragons (although I would not want to fight more than one at a time in a battle...)

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
In like the first interview about Emerald Beyond, Kawazu said that Ameya's route has a lot of possible endings, but it seems like everyone I've seen talk about it have gotten the same result. I think next time I play through I'm gonna just focus on picking up Cats and see what happens.
I picked up every cat I was able to pick up is the thing. If I do her story again but in NG+, would I be able to carry over stuff from my first playthrough with her? Like maybe the game knows which worlds I did and so I should pick the two I didn't pick the first time? I feel so blue-balled. I was so excited to try out Scarecrow. Or maybe her cats carry over? You get a different cat if you beat Crowrealm early than the one you get if you actually save the world.

Edit: Can confirm that the cat album carries over. So I think for Ameya's story you gotta beat it multiple times to collect all cats since you won't get all cats the first time. I also turned Battle Rank on. I hope that wasn't a mistake. I wanted to feel strong.

Last edited: