• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
52e.png

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Crossing my fingers for Banjo. Although, I am curious and excited to see who it'll be.

Last edited:

Miles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego, CA
They really should just announce the list of characters. Promotes the Fighter Pass and stops people from speculating and going crazy when their choices aren't picked.

Ex-Psych

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So the 5 DLC figthers are alreadly locked down huh?

Let's goooo Chain Chomp!!!and maybe Sora

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That doesn't sound good. The entire line up will probably just advertise recent and upcoming games.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Question is Who is considered Nintendo. Like companies associated with them ?

If so....Kamiya I hope you did it and submitted you know who.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So the selection for DLC was not made by the smash team but by Nintendo?
That should limit the number of weird "Piranha plant" type choices made for the selection then.

Layell

One Winged Slayer
Apr 16, 2018
I'm guessing Nintendo offered up a selection then Sakurai picked the five to go with? That is what it sounds like, hyped to know they've made the decision hope they are in good hands.

DrMoguera

Oct 27, 2017
That Sakurai wasn't the one who picked them is pretty disappointing, and I think likely explains the piranha plant much better than Sakurai being quirky

Ailanthium

Oct 27, 2017
I can definitely understand why Nintendo would want to make the big roster decisions but I'm surprised they didn't have a poll of sorts go up to decide at least one or two characters. I'll be excited for whatever they come up with but I'm cautious about their picks.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
So it'll mostly be marketing choices. I suppose this bodes well for Rex.....& would have boded well for an ARMS rep if Spring Man wasn't already an AT.

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
Why do i get the feeling theyll drop the name of the first DLC character at the game awards and its gonna be a square or microsoft rep.

I dont have a lot of faith in nintendo to not pick a fire emblem character as DLC.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I figured that they'd already know who they wanted to add for DLC.

Also I think this kind of kills Geno and Banjo's chances. Those seem like characters Nintendo have absolutely no interest in promoting.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Time to fire up the numerology engines to determine which permutations of those tweets spell out GENO.

SpeedyBlueDude

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Provo, Utah
I really hope we get a character from Three Houses as one of the DLC. Preferably Edelgaed. Fire Emblem needs a new non-echo character.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they reveal any of the DLC lineup before the release of the game.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Looks like the chances of getting the protagonist of Fire Emblem Three Houses in Smash just got higher.

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo making the final 5 choices kinda limits any wild fantasies to me. Unless a large 3rd party made a sweet deal for Switch ports.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
I think everyone's going to focus on "This time the selection was made entirely by Nintendo." I assume it means the ballot was not a factor. I can't imagine what else that would imply.

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm, This gives me hope that were not getting someone no one asked for. Since ubi is being best friends with Nintendo we can get Rayman ?

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure if this is to say that the five DLC characters will be purely Nintendo focused or if they did have an outreach to the third party to make their picks.

Knowing our luck though, I wouldn't be shocked at all if we get the main character from the Fire Emblem: Three Houses game as one of those five. Say what you will, but if we got Corrin as quick as we did as DLC, it wouldn't fall out of the realm of possibility of them doing that again.

Still, I stand by Sakurai for whoever those five characters will be. I feel like he has a good understanding of what the fans are looking for and as he said: " he decided if they can create a fighter based on Nintendo's selection, then came up with the plan" that they were going to follow. Hopefully those expectations aren't too high by fans, but I know if we did get one or two shocking reveals, alot of people are probably going to love Nintendo all the more.