Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
I mean there are still folks who stan for Kanye so I doubt this will change anything. I didn't really have an opinion on dude before but yep guy confirmed for piece of shit.

Stick

Oct 30, 2017
This is as surprising as Palmer Luckey being found out as a Trump loving piece of shit

Kitad

Banned
Feb 15, 2018
Contrary to the rest of the people in this thread, this actually does shock me. Why? Because for all of his flaws Elon at least seems to understand the danger of climate change.

How the fuck does he justify backing a party that has been taken over by climate change deniers is beyond me.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
How much did he give to democratic aligned PACs?

Oct 25, 2017
what boggles my mind is how you could have that much money and still want more money. When is enough enough?

Fuck billionaires make me so angry

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Contrary to the rest of the people in this thread, this actually does shock me. Why? Because for all of his flaws Elon at least seems to understand the danger of climate change.

How the fuck does he justify backing a party that has been taken over by climate change deniers is beyond me.
Because he probably wants some of the pro business legislation that the GOP loves to offer too. I mean, he is a businessman as well.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for this. Classic internet reporting lol.

This one is a 2015 report. The latest one is a recent report about how he is funding a concentrated effort to keep republicans in power. I do not care he is giving money to the democrats too. If he is funding the fascist party he is a piece of shit.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
I got a feeling that he will be donating to the Dems as soon as they are in power.
SpaceX needs those government contracts, so he know where to butter his bread.

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017

he's rich. in the end climate change is gonna affect poor people far more than the rich.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

A lot of business donations are simply to curry favor with who you think is going to win.

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
This one is a 2015 report. The latest one is a recent report about how he is funding a concentrated effort to keep republicans in power. I do not care he is giving money to the democrats too. If he is funding the fascist party he is a piece of shit.
I'm not saying that's he is above reproach. I'm just curious at his complete contributions.

Oct 25, 2017

SpaceX

He is here to make money not to save the planet with luxery cars.

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
he also donated to the democrats- but stop and think if that actually makes him any better, yeah? "oh of course he's consolidating power and influence, that only makes sense" isn't particularly endearing

GatsGatsby

Oct 27, 2017
West Columbia, SC
Never liked him much anyway always seemed to say he'll do shit and either never do it or it takes longer than he says. Has he even sent people to PR for a new power grid like he said?

Also not surprising he donates to the GOP. This idea might be a bit tinfoil hatty but GOP almost always cuts money from science like NASA. He donates money to keep NASA and other tech on a leash while he has free reign to do whatever he wants.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not saying that's he is above reproach. I'm just curious at his complete contributions.

It is unfair to call the latest salon piece "classic internet reporting". You do not need to go back multiple election cycles to provide context, he is donating money to the current republicans in power, that is all the context you need.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Probably gives money to both says or whatever benfits him and his business. It's common as hell.

nomis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lol @ "well as long as he gave just as much to the dems it's okay"

he donated to a PAC comitted to keep Rs controlling the house. If that in isolation doesn't reek of yet another out of touch billionaire who is completely insulated from the everyday reality of politics by his capital, I don't know what will.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Never forget someone on era once made a thread that asked " Will Elon Musk go down on history like and Einstein or Edison?"

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Super rich people usually donate to both sides. Probably for favors and stuff.

This shouldn't be a surprise though, Billionaires aren't yout friends .

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
It is unfair to call the latest salon piece "classic internet reporting". You do not need to go back multiple election cycles to provide context, he is donating money to the current republicans in power, that is all the context you need.
Because it paints an incomplete picture and creates a false narrative. If you believe the GOP are a cancer, then sure it helps. I see a self interested business person spreading their influence. Again, you can consider him a piece of shit for this. That's fine. It's just not out of the ordinary from business types.

I also don't think Musk is some tech messiah. He's just another businessman and this shows it more.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Bloomberg also contributes to both sides of the fence.

Previously. Now hes all for the dems. I would have thought once Trump got in office Musk would have stopped his GOP pac contributions.

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
Never forget someone on era once made a thread that asked " Will Elon Musk go down on history like and Einstein or Edison?"
I mean Edison was also hugely self promoting and fiercely competitive in business. He'd be getting a lot of heat if he was around today. A younger Bill Gates was also a ruthless businessman too.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's allowed to approach politics like any other citizen but this smacks of hypocrisy and the CURRENT Congress is literally an evil rubber stamp for a treasonous racist moron. Possible of course he split the difference like a lot of greedy pragmatists and donated to Dems too - but yeah he's directly supporting evil racist climate change deniers.

Nov 16, 2017
Wasn't Edison a terrible person as well? He probably did way worse things than Elon.

Do we discredit his accomplishments & inventions because Edison was a bad person? Of course not. No one does. Why would we do it for Elon?

Deleted member 15933

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I got a feeling that he will be donating to the Dems as soon as they are in power.
SpaceX needs those government contracts, so he know where to butter his bread.
Oh of course. He's a successful businessman so he's opportunistic enough and not too idealistic to do whatever ensures his wealth. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm pretty sure actually that he also contributes to some Dem PACs as well.
Still doesn't explain his messiah status that part of this forum likes to portray.