Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Yep, I'm honestly confused why their getting so much hate and mockery, it's always nice when Southern Hemisphere/Gondwana are even acknowledged in fiction at all as their often ignored and in this case, they were the biggest known theropod of the South. While personally I would have loved to see more Abelisauridaes or at least a more accurate Carnotaurus that emphasised it's real world speed and a long distance running, it's a fine Dinosaur.
Most people know, like, dozen or so North American dinosaurs from their childhood late 20th century media and don't know or care about much else. There are people out there who think Spinosaurus was made up by JP3 lol

You'd think everyone on a hardcore gaming board would recognize the big bad of Dino Crisis 2, at least

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
Dinosaurs really peaked early on in history. Another T-Rex clone but bigger like Star Wars 7

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
They should just go ahead with zombie dinosaurs and lasers IMO. There's no need for pretense.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
I might go spite-watch this movie now. Jurassic World was a guilty pleasure, Fallen Kingdom was a terrible experience--but damn it, the G-Rex will always catch my attention in fiction.

Oct 27, 2017
although fallen kingdom is probably one of my least favorite movie going experiences (i'm a huge stan for 90s jurassic park stuff), i actually really liked the very beginning on the island. i wish it just fucking stayed there.

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
I mean aren't the raptors in the JP/W movies really just Utahraptors pretty much anyway? They definitely aren't Vraptors even if that's the name they use.
The Raptors in the franchise were based more on Deinonychus and Achillobator, size-wise at least.

Utahraptors were larger, and recent research has suggested that they were far more bulky than previously thought.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
The Raptors in the franchise were based more on Deinonychus and Achillobator, size-wise at least.

Utahraptors were larger, and recent research has suggested that they were far more bulky than previously thought.

Yeah, I knew Utah's were bigger but more in line with what's in the movie in comparison to an actual Velociraptor, but I haven't done research on it or anything so thanks for the info!

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Utahraptor would be dope. I also really want Therizinosaurus, Deinocheirus, Psittacosaurus, Amargasaurus, Quetzalcoatlus, Liopleurodon and some sort of Plesiosaur. More visually distinct carnosaurs like Acrocanthosaurus (probably not happening since we're getting Giga), Masiakasaurus, Cryolophosaurus, Sinosaurus, some less bulky ones like Elaphrosaurus/Coelophysis, or more basal saurischians, would be nice too.

Also something they can give feathers without nostalgia fanboys crying about their childhoods being ruined, like Archaeopteryx, Oviraptor, Gigantoraptor or Microraptor. Though Therizinosaurus and Deinocheirus also need feathers, natch.

We're five movies in and there's so much untapped potential. Fallen Kingdom at least give us a lot more different new animals. So if anything I can appreciate it for that reason.

Dinosaurs really peaked early on in history. Another T-Rex clone but bigger like Star Wars 7

Afaik, recent discoveries suggest T-Rex was bigger. At least, it could get bigger, based on the fossil evidence we now have. T-Rex also had a stronger bite. Maybe we'll find a Giga bigger than a T-Rex in the future. But right now, it goes Spino > T-Rex > Carcharodontosaurus > Giga.

Last edited:

Akainu

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everywhere and nowhere
esQjAOneynI3nwioX0hbaOjhdmSDSyqe8nwidDSS_Kk.jpg

Fiddle

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Fallen Kingdom is one of the worst blockbusters I've ever seen. I am very excited for this movie.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Utahraptor would be dope. I also really want Therizinosaurus, Deinocheirus, Psittacosaurus, Amargasaurus, Quetzalcoatlus, Liopleurodon and some sort of Plesiosaur. More visually distinct carnosaurs like Acrocanthosaurus (probably not happening since we're getting Giga), Masiakasaurus, Cryolophosaurus, Sinosaurus, some less bulky ones like Elaphrosaurus/Coelophysis, or more basal saurischians, would be nice too.

Also something they can give feathers without nostalgia fanboys crying about their childhoods being ruined, like Archaeopteryx, Oviraptor, Gigantoraptor or Microraptor. Though Therizinosaurus and Deinocheirus also need feathers, natch.

We're five movies in and there's so much untapped potential. Fallen Kingdom at least give us a lot more different new animals. So if anything I can appreciate it for that reason.

Afaik, recent discoveries suggest T-Rex was bigger. At least, it could get bigger, based on the fossil evidence we now have. T-Rex also had a stronger bite. Maybe we'll find a Giga bigger than a T-Rex in the future. But right now, it goes Spino > T-Rex > Carcharodontosaurus > Giga.
yeah I imagine their team is years behind on Science so like the game Ark the Giga is going to be this super huge monster Dino that nothing else compares too.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Colin Trevorrow already said it won't be that because it would be ridiculously unrealistic

He's been using the "it's not supposed to be realistic, because they're genetic monsters not real dinosaurs" excuse the entire JW series.

You already had a hyper intelligent hybrid with magical thermal invisibility powers in the first one. Might as well go full planet of the apes.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
He's been using the "it's not supposed to be realistic, because they're genetic monsters not real dinosaurs" excuse the entire JW series.

You already had a hyper intelligent hybrid with magical thermal invisibility powers in the first one. Might as well go full planet of the apes.
Fallen Kingdom unfortunately doesn't allow this as there wasn't enough dinosaurs to be any risk of that ESPN when most of them can be easily put down

OP
OP
DemonCarnotaur

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC

Steve brussette is the paleo advisor, and has already tweeted that he is excited to see how people respond to the new dromeasaurs being introduced. I'm hopeful.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
yeah I imagine their team is years behind on Science so like the game Ark the Giga is going to be this super huge monster Dino that nothing else compares too.

Giga being about T-Rex size has been known since its discovery, though. If we're getting a supersized Giga in this, it's probably a story decision.

And almost poetic, in a way. Since JP3 took a lot of ideas from Dino Crisis 1-2, and the trope of Giga being bigger than T-Rex, that's in Turok 2008 and ARK, started in DC2.

Last edited:

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Steve brussette is the paleo advisor, and has already tweeted that he is excited to see how people respond to the new dromeasaurs being introduced. I'm hopeful.

I'm not super excited about more unfeathered dromaeosaurs, but I'll try to keep an open mind. Unless feathered dromaeosaurs is the implication.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Giganotosaurus has been a favorite dinosaur of mine for a while but I have a hard time getting excited for this after Fallen Kingdom. I really hope the Giganotosaurus is treated like a proper animal and not like some dinosaur supervillain like the Spinosaurus, Indominus, and Indoraptor were treated... but not holding my breath.

OP
OP
DemonCarnotaur

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I'm not super excited about more unfeathered dromaeosaurs, but I'll try to keep an open mind. Unless feathered dromaeosaurs is the implication.
They've more or less strongly suggested this movie will introduce feathers with some species. Im more worried about the designs and behavior, rather that things like feathers, which I believe are finally guaranteed.

Giganotosaurus has been a favorite dinosaur of mine for a while but I have a hard time getting excited for this after Fallen Kingdom. I really hope the Giganotosaurus is treated like a proper animal and not like some dinosaur supervillain like the Spinosaurus, Indominus, and Indoraptor were treated... but not holding my breath.
My worry is it will act like a monster, and have a skull too wide and short with amalgamated features, like the Big Rock Allosaurus (which was botched so much they threw away the design used for the animatronic in the end)