• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast

exIDDKo.jpg

California's housing crisis solved!

people called it prison cells when they announced it, but it's sold out until September now....New york you ready for your future?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly tthe bottom bunk should be cheaper, especially since you will be inhaling farts

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here

dhlt25

Oct 27, 2017
i mean it works out to $40 a day which is about the same or cheaper than a hostel/capsule. It's not too bad of an arrangement if you just need a temp place to stay for a few months

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I would get this if it was like $300 a month, but Jesus, my 1 bedroom apartment in Dallas cost less.

Get your shit together, San Fran.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
Jeez your pod doesn't even have full privacy. The pods at those Japanese pod hotels at least have more privacy than these bunk beds.

Biggersmaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Minneapolis
$1200 and no privacy. No sex allowed.

Idiots live here. I know people think it's impossible to move from city centers, but I'm here to say you absolutely can. Embrace the suburbs. City "culture" is a luxury experience no different than first class or a Rolex. This is the 3 Series.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Jeez your pod doesn't even have full privacy. The pods at those Japanese pod hotels at least have more privacy than these bunk beds.
their rules explicitly state that you are not allowed to cover your pod up as well:

• No tenting or covering the front of your pod. This is a transparent community.
  • Quiet hours as of 10pm, until 10am means turn your phone to vibrate and whisper
  • No visitors allowed. Everyone must be registered at the desk
  • No drugs, excessive inebriation, or public nudity.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I don't think this can happen to NYC, I see high rises being put up all over the place, isn't that the problem with SF, not enough housing being built?

their rules explicitly state that you are not allowed to cover your pod up as well:
so a notch or two above prison. Can't even jack off!

Jie Li

Alt account
Banned
Dec 21, 2018
I don't have sympathy for young people who willingly work in SF and get fucked by the boomer landlords.

Oct 27, 2017
This is meant for college graduates I would think. Only using bed to sleep like at a hostel. I did something similar in Tokyo in the past while living there, although it was like $700 a month.

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
why would you ever live here. you could probably get a RV for cheaper with more space and privacy.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
no pets allowed, only service animals

but don't worry

they are currently working on a concept called

Pupshare

Felt

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
this is why I indiscriminately refuse all job offers in SF no matter the raise lol

AR Starts

Oct 25, 2017
Tons of issues for SF including taxes, zoning laws, tolls, pub transport, inaction on homelessness contributing to this problem.

But this to plug that fact that rent control ironically causes problems. If SF rent were priced at market a ton of people would be priced out of the market and would have to go elsewhere but because the rent is artificially "low" it creates a shortage.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
Do the termites that will live in that unfinished wood have to pay $1200, too?