• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who drags their series down the most?

• Sanji

Votes: 28 4.7%
  • Mineta

Votes: 351 58.6%
  • Zenitsu

Votes: 144 24.0%
  • None

Votes: 76 12.7%

• Total voters

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
UIdy8uj.jpg

The only thing saving Mineta from being my #1 is that he admittedly doesn't get much screentime these days. Because at least both Zenitsu and Sanji have cool powers/designs/moments that help to offset the aspects people don't fuck with.

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017
Mineta is the worst character, but he doesn't drag the show down too much because he doesn't show up much

Zenitsu is obnoxious even without the perv stuff, and killed my interest in the show shortly after he showed up and I learned that he's a main character

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Sanji is simultaneously the best and worst Straw Hat. He's got some of the worst moments and some of the best moments. If you just excise Sanji's perversion, he'd be my favorite Straw Hat.

Mineta without his perversion isn't a character and the orange simp is.....better than Mineta but worse than Sanji

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mineta, easily

Zenitsu SUCKS, but I'm not gonna lie and say Thunderclap and Flash Sixfold wasn't fucking HAWT

Mineta brings literally everything down. Even if he weren't a sicko, he would suck

FelRes

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CA
Sanji was only really unbearable for FI/PH, and the Kalifa fight. After he left with the Swirly Hats for Zou, he got a lot better. He had the cutest respectful bond with Pudding, and he's matured a lot all around. He's the coolest Straw Hat outside Robin. Curious to see how he gets out of his current predicament. Could be a repeated mistake, could go differently.

Grape boy is obnoxious on another level.

Grimmjow

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mineta is w/e, he's hardly present in the series.

Sanji and Zenitsu both have some cool moments even now and then.

None of em is my vote

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
Mineta is the worst.

The other two at least have some good moments.

Mineta is trash. He should just die tbh.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Zenitsu is awful but at least he isn't the reason why I stopped watching Demon Slayer early on. There's worse shit in that show that drag it down further.

However if I ever stop watching My Hero, it will be because of Mineta. I can put up with it now because he barely shows up and you can skip his lines if you're paying enough attention. However if he ever get's the spotlight, I'm out. He legitimately pisses me off.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Zenitsu is so popular he ranked in populary polls for other series. He is annoying, but the least annoying of them all. Sanjis first take on what to use his new suit for was for checking out nude woman. Mineta is the authors insert and a piece of shit.

So from worst to least worst

Mineta
Sanji
Zenitsu

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Zenitsu easily, even more so with
The series rewarding him with Nezuko as his wife despite him constantly harassing her. Nor do we get any inkling of chemistry as she is barely a character. Just felt like one final slap in the face before the series ended.

Preach

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sanji can be a fucking numbskull but otehrwise he plays an important role and doesn't scream and whine around like a fucking baby.

Mineta is trash and a fuckiong creep but he has so little meaningful screentime, that I don't even care.

Zenitsu can die a horrible death and burst in flames. He is annoying as fuck. Constantly there and always not going on my nerves.
Was so close sometimes just not watching anymore

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
A truly vile poll, yet one with a clear answer that easily supplants the other two, Zenitsu is the dirt worst.

I dropped off One Piece just when reaching the Sanji family themed arc so no idea how much worse he gets, otherwise he's mostly okay for the pre time skip stuff
Mineta is just a side character, one who gets more dialogue than he deserves but he's a lot more ignorable than most.

It's gonna be fascinating to me if Zenitsu gets worse as the series goes on, I only have the first anime season to go off and he already went straight to the top of the shit list.

_Jelly_fish

Oct 5, 2019
Melbourne
Sanji is simultaneously the best and worst Straw Hat. He's got some of the worst moments and some of the best moments. If you just excise Sanji's perversion, he'd be my favorite Straw Hat.
Thats probably why I will always run to Sanji's defense, he is a genuinely great character with so many defining moments that its a shame that Oda still feels the need to bring him back to being a pervert, when Sanji has so many other interesting qualities and relationships with the other characters he could still stand tall in the series without them

Then again he was missing from the manga for like a year at one point so maybe I'm wrong

Bjomesphat

Nov 5, 2017
Don't really care about pervy characters so Mineta has never bothered me.

Zenitsu was super obnoxious when he started showing up regularly. He seemed to get a bit better towards the end though. Still, my vote is for him.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Zenitsu is nowhere near as bad as the other two

Though Sanji makes up for it by being a badass

Mineta is hot fucking garbage

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Zenitsu is so popular he ranked in populary polls for other series. He is annoying, but the least annoying of them all. Sanjis first take on what to use his new suit for was for checking out nude woman. Mineta is the authors insert and a piece of shit.
This part isn't true, people constantly misinterpret the line Horikoshi said, Mineta represents his love for perverted joke characters, the characters Horikoshi has said that are closes to his personality are Izuku and Suneater

Mineta is hated in universe and punished after every joke

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Uh its obviously Mineta. He literally adds nothing meaningful to the cast.

Sanji has his problems but he is a fleshed out character who is important to the Strawhat Crew.

Zenitsu has some development and contributes a good amount in the story.

Mineta does nothing, he is just a poor gag character

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Uh its obviously Mineta. He literally adds nothing meaningful to the cast.

Sanji has his problems but he is a fleshed out character who is important to the Strawhat Crew.

Zenitsu has some development and contributes a good amount in the story.

Mineta does nothing, he is just a poor gag character

How can Mineta drag it down as much as Zenitsu when hes barely in it? Ever since they introduce Zenitsu I pre-cringe waiting for his screeching every time hes on screen (which is a lot).

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
None of them 🤷‍♂️
You can rethink your answer, here, give it one more try.

On topic: It's Mineta, which is a shame because MHA has a great secondary cast, who are actually more interesting than the main character, but I mute the episode whenever Mineta shows up for a stupid joke because it's such unnecessary bullshit in an otherwise great shonen.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The question of the thread does not match the poll question imo

Almost messed up my vote

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
As already stated, Mineta is the worst, but he barely shows up in the series so he's easily ignored. I forgot he existed.

I personally don't find Zenitsu as annoying as some people do. He's whiny and can be a creep when it comes to women, but, like Sanji, he has a lot of good moments to offset his bad ones.

Sanji's gag is overplayed and can be taken too far, immediate timeskip Sanji is especially bad, but Pre Time Skip he's great and Post Dressrosa gets him back on track.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
How can Mineta drag it down as much as Zenitsu when hes barely in it? Ever since they introduce Zenitsu I pre-cringe waiting for his screeching every time hes on screen (which is a lot).
Yeah you're right, i was reading some other posts in the thread that mentioned this too. I was thinking of it more as "who is the worst character", but for the screen time they're each given Zenitsu does drag Demon Slayer down more than Mineta who isn't on screen much. Although I don't really hate Zenitsu's yelling, is his creepiness towards women that gets me.

Oct 26, 2017
Mineta is barely in his show/manga. He's a side character, and not present enough for me to really get annoyed with him. Sanji & Zenitsu are both main characters, and between those two, Zenitsu is way more annoying than Sanji is. I enjoyed Sanji's arcs in One Piece, and I enjoy him as a character.

I do not care at all for Zenitsu. He didn't make me want to quit watching KnY when I was watching it, but he was an active negative for me. I felt no such feeling for Mineta or Sanji.

crimsonECHIDNA

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
The only thing saving Mineta from being my #1 is that he admittedly doesn't get much screentime these days. Because at least both Zenitsu and Sanji have cool powers/designs/moments that help to offset the aspects people don't fuck with.

Yeah Mineta is pound for pound the worst character of the three but he also gets way less screen time than either Sanji or Zenitsu.

Like I'm going to go out on a limb though and say Sanji is arguably the most insiduous of the three. Not that it makes up for either of the other two's perversion but they're at least designed to be buttmonkeys and get dunked on for their shit. Even if Sanji's antics get played for jokes, he's just as well also designed and written to be seen as cool. And to me, that makes his behavior worse.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah you're right, i was reading some other posts in the thread that mentioned this too. I was thinking of it more as "who is the worst character", but for the screen time they're each given Zenitsu does drag Demon Slayer down more than Mineta who isn't on screen much. Although I don't really hate Zenitsu's yelling, is his creepiness towards women that gets me.

Often those things are one in the same
God this fucking character sucks lol

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Mineta is why my wife and I quit MHA. That series was pretty bad to women in what we watched

Just started Demon Slayer, and didn't know the blonde guy is a perv. Goddamn it is truly a guarantee in life that anime has this shit in it. I remember the MC in that Chainsaw series had, as his life's dream, to touch a woman's boobs or something like that. Dropped that shit instantly. (Does it change later? Don't care, will never bother to click on it again).

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I think what's missing here is not just "is a character a pervert", it's whether the show actually plays into that pervert character's fantasies.

I haven't watched One Piece but I think MHA is more egregious than Demon Slayer because while Mineta gets his shit slapped down, the show then goes on to provide sketchy T&A (and the characters are all 15-17), the worst of which probably being Momo. The viewer becomes Mineta.

Zenitsu is a ridiculous character and the screaming is annoying, but I can't remember the series actually doing anything with his manic outbursts and perverted rants.

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
Mineta is why my wife and I quit MHA. That series was pretty bad to women in what we watched

Just started Demon Slayer, and didn't know the blonde guy is a perv. Goddamn it is truly a guarantee in life that anime has this shit in it. I remember the MC in that Chainsaw series had, as his life's dream, to touch a woman's boobs or something like that. Dropped that shit instantly. (Does it change later? Don't care, will never bother to click on it again).
A lot of anime use the trope yeah.. But I am watching Dr. Stone now and it seems it doesn't have it yet..

The thing for me also is that long running anime all seem to have it.. Which I think is because that world is written so big.. But it is something Japan has done since the very early days really all the way back to Pokemon

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Of those options Zenitsu

Mineta is barely in MHA

Sanji for every bad scene he has there are several great ones

Zenitsu is around for most of the series, and is always creeping on the mc's sister who can't even speak.
Agreed, Mineta sucks but I do think people over exhaggerate sometimes
I miss pre-flanderized Sanji honestly

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Zenitsu because not only does he have more screen time than Mineta, I feel like he constantly whines for all his dialogue. Mineta is an insufferable perv whose character arc revolves around peep holes but I feel I rarely see him alongside the protagonist.

Haven't read far enough into One Piece to have an opinion on Sanji.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Mineta is pound for pound the worst character of the three but he also gets way less screen time than either Sanji or Zenitsu.

Like I'm going to go out on a limb though and say Sanji is arguably the most insiduous of the three. Not that it makes up for either of the other two's perversion but they're at least designed to be buttmonkeys and get dunked on for their shit. Even if Sanji's antics get played for jokes, he's just as well also designed and written to be seen as cool. And to me, that makes his behavior worse.

He has just as many scenes where he's written to be seen as a lovestruck dumbass, so idk bout all that. Zenitsu is also written to be cool whenever he's sleepwalking or w/e you call it. Also as I pointed out in an earlier post

He's ultimately rewarded in a way the other characters have never been in that he gets to marry Nezuko, despite the only thing we've seen of their "relationship" is him constantly harassing her when she can't even speak. No chemistry, nothing. It just happens somehow off-screen. The optics of that is awful, idk how Tanjiro let that shit happen lol

Whereas like, if Sanji were to end up with Pudding in an epilogue, the fanbase can look back at their interaction/dynamic and say "Okay yea, that makes sense, Sanji actually acted mostly decent around her".

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Mineta makes my fkn skin crawl with how everything in BNHA treats him like nothing more than a mildly annoying loveable idiot. He doesn't even bring anything else to the series, like he's literally just pervy comedy relief, blegh. Definitely my worst.

OP I only ever saw a handful of episodes of back in the day when it started airing on Toonami. Young me really liked Sanji back then--I think he might have actually been my fav? But I also think the start of the anime (from what I recall?? but again I was probs like... 13) was really tame. Nowadays whenever I see mention of him it's just about how awful he is so.. I have no idea, but he sounds pretty bad lol.

I've only watched the first season of KnY, and god I hate Zenitsu' pervy moments soooo god damn much, but I also really liked his character outside of those moments. It's a very.. conflicting feeling... _(:3/L)_

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Zenitsu is like if mineta was the 2nd main character.

Zenitsu not only never really gets any kind of redemption, but he is so shit, even his reincarnated form hundreds of years later is still just as shit. His garbagery spans the constraints of space and time

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
But what backstory? Some poor guy attempted to teach him, he kept refusing and trying to run away and got hit by lightning in a tree. My partner was expecting me to cry in that episode but I have yet to figure out at which point I was supposed to be moved.

Idk, as someone with depression and grew up with huge self-esteem issues, I could relate. And I feel like a lot of the audience that likes Zenitsu can relate in some aspect.

And the fact that he can't see that he's actually powerful (if not the most powerful of the main 3) because he can't believe in himself and refuses to believe in himself and attributes his success to luck or being carried by his peers is also really relatable to a lot of people with depression.

NOTE: I have not read the manga. These are just thoughts I had watching the show.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Mineta sucks and doesn't even do anything cool, but he's also never around nowadays. I honestly wanna say Sanji because I love the character but Oda's unwillingness to let go of the pervy guy trope is reaching insanity levels.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
Mineta is the worst but he's barely in the show. By far one of the worst characters in anime. How did the little creep get into Class A anyway?

So out of all of them Zenitsu, although he has his moments it's almost a chore to see the pay off.