• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Sign the damn shirt, Demarcus

Saquon Barkley to the rescue!

In light of Cowboys defense end Demarcus Lawrence snubbing an 11-year-old autograph-seeking Giants fan last weekend in Dallas, Barkley will fly out the youngster and his family to New York for the Nov. 10 game against the Jets, according to TMZ Sports.

A clip of Texas native Kamil Bautista, clad in a blue Barkley jersey, being blown off by Lawrence quickly went viral amid the Giants' disastrous season-opening loss.

"Get the right jersey, son," Lawrence said to Bautista.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Saw this on ESPN the other day. Lawrence was a huge asshole for what he did. Glad to see Barkley doing something good about it though.

Zero excuse for any player to treat a young fan like that.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
True story: This kinda of thing is how I became a Eagles fan from being a Cardinals fan. Maybe this kid will be a Giants fan.

Jazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Not fair. For every hundred fans he did autographs for there's always 1 you don't that gets publicity.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Reminds me of David Simms in Tin Cup rejecting the kids autograph.

Pretty cool of Barkley though. He couldn't have asked for a better PR setup than this.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Not fair. For every hundred fans he did autographs for there's always 1 you don't that gets publicity.
It's not just about the autograph. It's about the utterly dismissive and dickish attitude he had towards the kid in general. You don't treat a kid like that. It doesn't matter what team jersey he is wearing.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
Giants will lose every battle, but Barkley won them the PR war. Good dude.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Based on a story that the Cowboys staff tells visitors to their practice facility about Jerry getting shot down in 89 as the new owner by a famous old Hollywood type, Jerrys wife probably dressed Lawrence down after the incident. She sounded incredibly sensitive to this exact situation: snubbing autograph seekers.

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
Kid's parents knew he would get shot down. I guess they get what they wanted in this: publicity.

Autumn

Avenger
Apr 1, 2018
I wouldn't have signed it either and he acknowledge the kid in a funny way. He was wearing a rival's jersey.

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
Demarcus was correct and should not have signed the kids jersey.

Kid or not, you don't ask a player to sign another players jersey, especially for a big division rival. It's rude. I'm sure the kid meant well, but it's still not something you do and the kid needs to learn that.

And on top of that, again regardless of if it's a kid asking or not, the celebrity does NOT have to give an autograph and it's shitty to think they have to or else.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Kid or not, you don't ask a player to sign another players jersey, especially for a big division rival. It's rude. I'm sure the kid meant well, but it's still not something you do and the kid needs to learn that.

And on top of that, again regardless of if it's a kid asking or not, the celebrity does NOT have to give an autograph and it's shitty to think they have to or else.
He should've said nothing at all then? The kid needs to learn? Lol sign anything else then. It's not hard.

Happy to hear he realized his dick move and regrets it.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Get the fuck out of here. It's a child.

Fierro

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Yeah, it is unreasonable to think he could be a fan of a player on the other team.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Saquon Barkley seems like a great ambassador for the league. Demarcus Lawrence kinda sounds like an asshole.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
DeMarcus is how his name is spelled, he goes by Tank Lawrence.

And the parents wanted this outcome all along, they are pathetic.

He is the farthest thing from an asshole, he is one of the best leaders on the team

Did people get this hot and heavy when Bill Belichick did not slap those kids hands on the way to the field a couple of years ago?

Oct 27, 2017
Who needs to sign shit for a fan of a rival? Kid or not, you're not entitled to autographs. Boohoo, DLaw did right initially.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i wouldn't have signed that shit either. maybe if i was in a great mood i guess

Aesthet1c

Oct 27, 2017

It wasn't another players jersey, watch the video again, he was holding out a cowboys t-shirt for him to sign.

I'm baffled at the defense force for Demarcus. No the kid isn't entitled to an autograph, but he could have just said "sorry, no" and this wouldn't have been a story. He didn't have to be a dick about it.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
This happens all the time. I see it at the stadiums I work at often. Players will skip over people wearing the opposing teams gear all the time. So much so; I've seen fans bring 2 shirts to the game or 2 hats & switch them depending on which side of the field they walk to get autographs on. You want an autograph from a guy on a team but don't want to support the team, then mail it to the stadium & wait a few months to get it back. Otherwise; don't wear the opposing teams gear when you try to get an autograph.

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
This happens all the time. I see it at the stadiums I work at often. Players will skip over people wearing the opposing teams gear all the time. So much so; I've seen fans bring 2 shirts to the game or 2 hats & switch them depending on which side of the field they walk to get autographs on. You want an autograph from a guy on a team but don't want to support the team, then mail it to the stadium & wait a few months to get it back. Otherwise; don't wear the opposing teams gear when you try to get an autograph.

It's a little kid. I got an autograph from David Ortiz when I was wearing a Yankee cap.

Then I took it to my cousin who was a huge Red Sox fan, and set it on fire in his face. Fuck the Red Sox!

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Good guy Saquon👏🏽

Honestly have a hard time faulting any NFL player who gets caught being a dick post game. The post-game adrenaline come down+ the post game painkiller pill/injection cocktail they're probably on+ you gotta be built a certain way to make it as a top tier defense NFL player ( absurd levels of mental intensity that sometimes can't get switched off)..

And I think we know enough now about how PR machines work to know that we don't have one iota of knowledge about who these people really are just because they support certain foundations / have foundations made in their names

Last edited: