• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I keep saying this, but people need to stop worrying about what conservative pundits and the 35% of the population that will never turn on Trump think about every single event that goes on. They'll spin and they'll lie no matter what you do so you might as well stand up to them whenever you can. Put your energy towards energizing and motivating the rest of the nation to vote these people out. And you're not going to do that by hand wringing every move made against a conservative.

Ogami Itto

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If this happened to a normal person, they would go home and reflect and have an epiphany because her kids are probably asking her why she was denied service, but this is not a normal human, so she will continue being the scum that she is.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Picard would. You can't compromise on your values just because others are.

This is the time for bold action on our part. We cannot pretend that politeness and respect toward these monsters will in any way benefit us. They're destroying our country, and it is incumbent upon us to make them understand that every day that they live. Otherwise, we deserve another 4 years of this.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
That's your personal opinion because you're denser than a stack of bricks and/or trolling. I added in the "and/or trolling" part to make it seem like I wasn't just calling you denser than a stack of bricks. I definitely was not just calling you someone with zero critical thinking skills whatsoever.

That's ok, i accept the first characterization. I am denser than a stack of bricks.

You say you understand why the owner did what they did. But when you think about it, they didn't really hurt anyone. All they did was tell someone who they loathe on a personal level not to spend money at their place of business. There's nothing immoral about not wanting to give service to someone you don't like as an individual.

I see your point.

Absent

Oct 26, 2017
"You should act better than them!"

Meanwhile, they keep breaking the rules and keep finding ways to fuck you over.

Confront now and tell them what the status quo is now, because confronting later mean you let it go on too long.

It called taking a goddamn stance.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good on that place. I better not see anyone on the right try to compare this to refusing service to minorities of any kind.

This is a lying asshole person getting tossed out, like all lying asshole persons should.

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is a good thread to build up my @ list whenever the Trump admin commits their next atrocity against humanity and none of these people are to be found.
Word. Always the same act with these people. No problem with the horrible things Trump says and does, but the second anyone wants to hold his administration accountable for their shit, all of a sudden, "decorum" becomes an issue.

less

Oct 25, 2017
I've long supported treating Trump & the GOP as enemies because that is what they are. Sanders gets denied service because of the lies she spits out and her association with Trump? Good riddance. We need ways to show her that her behavior is not acceptable and if that means denying her service at a restaurant then I don't see the problem.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think she should have been kicked out, if only not to give them more ammo.

Yeah, now conservatives will start claiming that the left is out to get them.
Where are YOU folk's livin' at, under a rock? They MAKE UP ammo just for the sake stickin' it to the Left. They are going to bitch and moan about the Left/Liberals/Democrats regardles if people on the Left fight back. They are cryin' wolf when there ain't no wolf out there, maybe it's high time the wolves REALLY show up!

Aren't Republicans all about Free Speech, Free Market, and so forth? They have a problem with one using their freedom to deny a person business based on how shitty of a person they are?
It's pretty clear Repubicans only love Free Speech, Free Market and such if it allows them to get away with prejudices and such. They cherry pick the Constitution (well, they do the same with the Bible), they have no intention of following ALL of the Laws of the Land.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
This is the time for bold action on our part. We cannot pretend that politeness and respect toward these monsters will in any way benefit us. They're destroying our country, and it is incumbent upon us to make them understand that every day that they live. Otherwise, we deserve another 4 years of this.

I understand completely.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Judging from some of the responses in this thread, I can only come to the conclusion that those posters are perfectly fine & supportive of what this adminstration is involved with.

There is no both ways here anymore.

Nope

I don't support anything they do. I'm not a conservative. There were posters who gave her personally the benefit of doubt when it came to her actions.

I Never did that. She has failed the human race. Miserably.

I got attacked from the get go and the first thing I said was "part of me loves it."

I just don't want denial of service spreading like wildfire everywhere to the point where every time you walk into somewhere they want to know your sexual orientation, political affiliation, discriminate because you are fat and eating in front of them is repulsive...

What I said was taken as if I'm an agent for her. Back off a little bit. I in no way meant to say she is a decent human being.

This country is broken beyond repair. Give the Smokey eye monster her food or don't.....all I said was be nicer to one another

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Edit: Apparently I need to make it clear Im mocking the expected fox news comments
The thing is, a ton of idiots have already made a post EXACTLY in the same breath as the one you make, so certainly needs to be clearer as to not derail, and less derail to what is already a disgusting amount of people providing their opinions on the issue.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
edit; oh so you joke, next time you need to specify. People think these things now.

Thought the "being an american" part was obvious but Ill make sure to remember the /s from now on

:P

The thing is, a ton of idiots have already made a post EXACTLY in the same breath as the one you make, so certainly needs to be clearer as to not derail, and less derail to what is already a disgusting amount of people providing their opinions on the issue.
My bad didnt read the other comments. Sorry for derailing

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
She was not refused service because she is a conservative. That business serves conservatives every day. She was refused service because she's Sarah Huckabee Sanders, and Sarah Huckabee Sanders isn't a political class.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
It's always the people "Just asking questions!" or "this doesn't FEEL right". Stop being cowards. Say what you mean.

I also like, "I'm not a Republican I voted Libertarian" or when they get called on a race issue "I'm not white I happen to be _____ " as if we can't see right through their bullshit and old reddit fake account tactics. They're never white, aren't Republican and are always just asking questions. We know your bullshit tactics they are old and easy to spot and some of us aren't gonna let you get away with it.

Deleted member 6223

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Children and parents were separated from each other, then placed into concentration camps by the Trump administration, of whom Sarah Huckabee Sanders is a mouthpiece for. She's also mouthed off lies for other atrocities too. There is no time for civility and being nice to her. Those of you outraged and defending her aren't clever.

riverfr0zen

Oct 27, 2017
Manhattan, New York
But on this forum, as an impartial observer, I think it's wrong to do so.

giphy.gif

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Children and parents were separated from each other. then placed into concentration camps by the Trump administration, of whom Sarah Huckabee Sanders is a mouthpiece for. She's also mouthed off lies for other atrocities too. There is no time for civility and being nice to her. Those of you outraged and defending her aren't clever.
exactly anyone defending sanders or trump should be ashamed. I'm with restaurant owner on this.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Nope

I don't support anything they do. I'm not a conservative. There were posters who gave her personally the benefit of doubt when it came to her actions.

I Never did that. She has failed the human race. Miserably.

I got attacked from the get go and the first thing I said was "part of me loves it."

I just don't want denial of service spreading like wildfire everywhere to the point where every time you walk into somewhere they want to know your sexual orientation, political affiliation, discriminate because you are fat and eating in front of them is repulsive...

What I said was taken as if I'm an agent for her. Back off a little bit. I in no way meant to say she is a decent human being.

This country is broken beyond repair. Give the Smokey eye monster her food or don't.....all I said was be nicer to one another
The problem is, and as I've mentioned before, is that this perspective is built on ignorance.

So let me make this clear this time so you won't miss it.

THIS ALREADY HAPPENS AND HAS BEEN HAPPENING TO MINORITIES AND LGBTQ IN THE US FOR DAYS, DECADES, CENTURIES.

This isn't setting a precedent, because the precedent has already been set for ages.

Spreading like wildfire? We're already in the wildfire. This is trying to put it out.

That's really the core of the issue here, and why I keep finding your comments problematic.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Thought the "being an american" part was obvious but Ill make sure to remember the /s from now on

:P

My bad didnt read the other comments. Sorry for derailing
Nah, no worries.

If it was done in jest, it just wasn't clear, so no worries. ;P

But the sad part is that you can't even do it in jest without clearly labeling it as such.

That's just how asinine many of the posts in this thread are, lol. Ridiculous...

Bernd Lauert

Banned
May 27, 2018
Yep. Trump supporters on this forum never show up for when a topic about him doing something horrible comes up. But should he do something that they can be proud of or if there's some right wing injustice to be talked about , they come out of the sewers.

They don't want to get banned. There's not much to say that won't get you banned when you're a Trump supporter and the topic is "Nazis are throwing brown babies into concentraction camps".

Darth Vapor

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Death Star
I also like, "I'm not a Republican I voted Libertarian" or when they get called on a race issue "I'm not white I happen to be _____ " as if we can't see right through their bullshit and old reddit fake account tactics. They're never white, aren't Republican and are always just asking questions. We know your bullshit tactics they are old and easy to spot and some of us aren't gonna let you get away with it.
Good to see McCarthyism is alive and well.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure Sarah's very big on the whole "cakes don't need to be made for gays" kinda position, but I would totally imagine she got salty from this.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Nice of Sarah to point out exactly which restaurant she went to. They're flooding their reviews with one star ratings on Yelp.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-red-hen-lexington-3
Yeah but who cares if somebody like Sarah in her position of power and great influence with the ears of literally millions of America, uses her power to sink a business that was just exercising their free speech.

No sympathy. No, it's the liar and the person that isn't actually a victim I feel sorry for.

MBeanie

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just going to address this one part of your post.

What about this situation do you feel will make this spread like wildfire?

One senior offical in this shitty administration gets their comeuppance??

She's not getting discriminated because of her race, sex, gender, age, physical disability.... hell she's not even being discriminating because of her political leaning.

She's a career politician that is beholden to the public, and her very public actions will have very public consequences, this adminstration is going down a very real & very dangerous path with the caged human beings & abduction of children happening at the border. As opposed to the imagined slippery slope of one Trump official being denied service at one restuarant causing a wave of future discriminations of protected classes.