• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sloane

Oct 25, 2017
scandalk7k9w.jpg

Don't know if anybody cares, but for some reason I've kept watching the show for 7 seasons (well, 6 actually, I skipped the first) despite it being hilariously bad at times. Final season is currently on and, surprise, it's pretty good again with Melly as president and Olivia finally turned almost full villain.

Anybody watching?

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I don't know about everyone else but I'm still absolutely loving this show.

Last season was absolutely brilliant IMO. Seeing the events immediately after the election from so many different perspectives, my understanding of the events which transpired dramatically changing after every episode, leading up to the truly awesome season finale. And this season is continuing the trend - I can't wait to see how the entire series ends up. I'm glad it's the final season, but they're definitely not pulling any punches!

OP
OP

Sloane

Oct 25, 2017
Last season felt pretty disjointed to me, probably partly because they had to shoot around Kerry Washington's pregnancy again, which meant she couldn't do all that much and was hardly featured for, I don't know, almost ten episode or something? With Mellie at helm though it feels like a different show (again). Looking forward to seeing how they are gonna end this thing.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Last episode got pretty cray cray if I do say so myself.

Olivia going full darkside, or is there some twist we're going to get?
Did she actually kill that diplomat and that girl, or did she somehow swap them out at the last second?

And I assume Quinn's disappearance was probably timed to be when she's having a baby in real life (Blacklist did pretty much the same thing before I stopped watching it).

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I really hope there's some twist to that plane explosion because Olivia is completely beyond redemption if not.

And I bet Rowan is behind Quinn being gone considering he was conveniently missing from this episode and he's always behind everything.

OP
OP

Sloane

Oct 25, 2017
Olivia has been beyond redemption for a while now, hasn't she? Don't see how it would have been possible for her to swap them at the airport but then again this is Scandal, so who knows.

Mhaz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like this show is still trying to get us to be sympathetic with Olivia.

But she executed an innocent teenage girl. If she doesn't fall, and hard, by the end of this season....

Thisman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just started this show on Netflix Whoever the actor is playing Fitz is incredible . The finale needs to have Olivia Fitz Happen. Anything less is stupid. Jake ? F jack. Any man who is so devoted to the idea of this relationship and the woman having same feelings needs to be together

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even watch the show anymore but man did I fucking hate Fitz. I watched the show for like a season after seeing my friends watching it before HTGAWM so maybe I missed the context of what made their relationship 'great' but I couldn't stand him or Olivia's relationship with him. Jake was good until he became all weird. Also Mellie is the GOAT.

OP
OP

Sloane

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this show is still trying to get us to be sympathetic with Olivia.

But she executed an innocent teenage girl. If she doesn't fall, and hard, by the end of this season....
I feel like she's on some level been the villain for a while now, she's done so much awful stuff, especially since she really got involved with her dad. (Well, and with her mother, too.) Question is, does the show itself see it this way?

As for the mid-season finale, of course Rowan had Quinn, and of course he did not kill her. Other than that, not much happening. I liked the first episodes of this season much better when the focus was on Mellie.