Digitiser

May 16, 2022
One of the best animated shows, actually, scratch that, one of the best shows I've seen in the last 5 years. Watch it if you haven't. If you have, watch it again.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
I don't think that's what they're saying, since they're saying "off my list"

I think they're unhappy the creative team wanted more.
I'm just not a fan of long drawn out series that are just meant to go on for as long as they get renewed.
I just recently became aware of the series and thought it was just a nice miniseries with a story that was just meant to be that.
Hearing it is sorta self contained is nice though. Maybe I'll give it a watch eventually.

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
Oh this isn't just a limited self contained miniseries?
Off my list it goes then.

It was written as a self contained series with a solid conclusion. It has a very light sequel hook, but there's really no reason they need to follow it up.

I personally hope for a second season just cause the world is friggin cool.

jimtothehum

Mar 23, 2018
I came into the show with zero preconceptions and was blown away. Incredibly imaginative and beautiful.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
The show is incredible but also feel like it works even if it only has one season. The conclusion works great as a series finale or a jump point for a new season.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Sweet. This is right up my alley so I will watch on Netflix. Seems like things are kinda reverting back to the start of streaming except Netflix has their own great catalog in addition to other stuff from others,

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
This is a flat out masterpiece of a show and deserves more viewers. It's incredible.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Bummer. On one hand I think season 1 ends in a way that feels like a satisfying conclusion. On the other hand, it was also left in a way that they could easily do a lot more if they wanted. Hopefully Netflix picks it up or something.

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
One of the few that I was reallllly looking forward for a second season. Amazing world, characters, and art

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
ouch, especially after the "its on Netflix" threads I've seen here and reddit where people encourage others to watch it to get a better shot at renewal. Guess that doesn't matter now.

Although maybe it does I guess, its not IP owned by Max afaik so Netflix COULD pick it up maybe? I just don't see that happening though, the show is super weird and a LOT of people are going to bounce sometime in the first episode which is going to hurt netflix metrics hard (they are heavily about completion rates in short windows of time).

I've watched 8 of the episodes on and off for months, only after an edible, and enjoyed it but its a trippy 70s-on-acid vibe for sure.

Marengo

Shinra Employee Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 28, 2017
Does S1 end with a conclusion or is it a cliffhanger?

Yonafunu

Oct 26, 2017
Would be nice if I could even watch the bloody thing but noooo, more than six months since release and it's still not available in most of Europe. At least Netflix is better with that.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Does S1 end with a conclusion or is it a cliffhanger?

A conclusion, with a 2 minute scene with one character that could set up more if they wanted.

I want MUCH more Scavengers reign but only because it was incredible and brimming with future potential, not because it felt unfinished/unresolved.

Trouble

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle-ish
56aaa201a2ff1e89875bc41f390e0c27.gif

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not too surprised. WB doesn't really seem to care too much about animation right now and this show was pretty slept on. Hopefully it does well enough for a second chance on Netflix.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
I really felt this one upon reading it, this is one of my favorite shows in recent years, but, at the same time...I think it really works as a one season show. Definitely think it doesn't need more than 2 or 3 even in a perfect world

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
I really felt this one upon reading it, this is one of my favorite shows in recent years, but, at the same time...I think it really works as a one season show. Definitely think it doesn't need more than 2 or 3 even in a perfect world

yeah I was under assumption it was a "mini-series" or whatever. was honestly surprised it was on Max at all, granted the mess that's been going on there past few years. but if netflix or whoever can do more with it that'd be great

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
You should be proud as fuck! You helped create one of the most imaginative sci-fi worlds I have ever been taken to. I hope you get to create more but if not, it was an amazing ride.
Thank you! I didn't come on until a third-way through the boarding process, but it was such an immensely special project. God knows I'd love to do more if the opportunity arises.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Couldn't even let the rest of the world watch it before cancelling 🫠

Definitely gonna watch it. Is there a blu ray?

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Please watch this on Netflix if you have any interest in sci-fi storytelling and/or animated TV.

I'm hoping it does find a new audience there, would fit right into their line-up
It's been on Max for months. There was plenty of opportunity to watch it before it got cancelled.
Its availability in Canada is frustratingly narrow. Had to sign up for a stacktv sub to watch it legally, it's not on any of the major streamers

Yonafunu

Oct 26, 2017
It's been on Max for months. There was plenty of opportunity to watch it before it got cancelled.
It's only available in *checks notes* 10 countries worldwide, assuming IMDB is correct.

Max doesn't exist in UK and many big European countries, along with some Asian countries.
Even countries that do have Max, like the Netherlands, are missing out. For Europe it only seems to be available in France, Italy and Poland. Makes absolutely zero sense.

Smoolio

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Been waiting to watch this cause I don't have Max, guess i'll watch on Netflix which will hopefully help.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
I was against the grain with this one because I watched the first two or three episodes and while it was a feast on the eyes I didn't enjoy the storytelling or really anything else at all. Still a shame to see something so creative not make it, but there was no real buzz about it at all so also not surprising

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Had a feeling this would happen. HBO gives no fucks.
One of the best animated shows out there imo, just beautifully realized fantasy world building.

hsojlightfoot

AVALANCHE
Apr 6, 2020
I remember liking a lot when it first aired but remembered it only started with 3 episodes? Guess I forgot about it.

I will devour it when it hits netflix tho.