Would you delay Wolverine for a R&C Future Collection PS5 port?

• Yes

Votes: 383 38.0%
  • No

Votes: 625 62.0%

• Total voters

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
Simple question.

Rift Apart is a continuation of the story and the PS3 games feel like the forgotten ones especially when compared to the PS2 games. I think it'd be great to play these games natively on something that isn't PS3, especially since they plan on continuing this franchise. I'm not talking about a R&C 2016 type of upgrade, more a relatively simple port to PS5 with higher resolution/framerate (ideally 4K/120) and maybe increased AF to x16 with a $40 price tag.

Maybe they only need a small team to accomplish this or maybe because it's porting from PS3 (CELL) it's much more complicated than we think. Regardless, it would mean delaying Wolverine 6-8 months since this would be done in house by Insomniac themselves.

So that would mean:

Ratchet - 2024
Wolverine - 2025

Would want that?

q237slmomzk01.png

sazz

Aug 3, 2020
London, UK
no

Ratchet is one of my favourite series but I own all the games on my PS3 so if I ever care to replay them I can just do that, new games are more valuable so give me Wolverine asap

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Of course, when all said and done we would have 2 things to enjoy instead of just one lol

Plus I have like... 5.000 games to play while waiting for Wolverine

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I do not care about Ratchet & Clank as much as I wish I did, so no

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
Yes happily. Loved tools of destruction, love a crack in time and enjoy quest for booty so it's a no brainer considering the only way I can play them on modern consoles is via streaming and ps+.

LV-0504

Oct 6, 2022
I'm 100% fine with collections/remakes/remasters but not at the cost of an ongoing new game. Do it after Wolverine ships before starting a new project.

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
No.

The only really good one there is A Crack in Time, and even then it's not good enough to justify a remaster delaying a brand new game.

skillzilla81

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't care about and have never played ratchet and clank.

I'll take the new game I'm interested in, thanks.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yes absolutely, 6-8 months is nothing in the grand scheme. Hell, it's probably getting delayed 6-8 months anyway. and RnC is a brand that needs more frequent love given to it.
Literally "would you push back a game 6-8 months to ensure an audience gets something it would be excited for that would otherwise never happen" should always be a yes. Hell, push back Zelda for a new Duke Nukem, if it makes someone happy.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
Rather just have a sequel to Rift Apart, and let another studio tackle remasters. Wolverine should not be delayed even though I would rather have more Ratchet, and hold no interest for the Marvel games.

Have you played ACIT? Because I love that one, but the rest of the series does next to nothing for me.
Still the best game in the series.

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
Easiest yes for me, hell delay it further and put Resistance 3 remaster on PS5 as well.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I used to be the biggest Ratchet fan but between the disappointment of 2016 and Rift Apart I think I'm over the series for now. It hit its height with ToD and ACiT and has been pretty by the numbers since then. And I've played those two quite a few times that I don't feel like revisiting even with a remaster. Rather have something new, getting tired of remakes. Bring on Wolverine.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely. He'll, I'd take a new Ratchet over Wolverine entirely. I'm sure I'll enjoy the game in spite of the Marvel stuff, but I'm just so burned out on Marvel, and licensed IP from other media is way less exciting to me than original gaming IP.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
that is one bad cover, why highlight quest for booty

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
No, now if insomniac got their hands on Sly and did a remake in their engine. Probably (though it'd definitely be a different team than the Wolverine team anyway).

Incubuster

Oct 30, 2017
No. I've played those games and I love them but they shouldn't take away from the bigger projects. Get another studio to do it and that would be great.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Yes to anything involving ACiT. One of my favorite games of all time. I'm sure Wolverine will be great, but I'd push it back with zero hesitation.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
the future games is where the series got iffy so no

but a collection of the PS2 games that's not fucked up like the HD collection? hell yeah

headfallsoff

Mar 16, 2018
It's wild that even this fantasy never happening in a million years hypothetical is still getting voted no lmao. Do you want seven games or one?

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Pretty sure this is isn't how any of this works but to answer your question: It'd be great to see those games freed from the PlayStation 3 but personally I don't know that I'd revisit them so it would just mean a longer wait for a game I want to play without any benefit for said game that I want to play.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I didn't like Spider-Man so I probably won't like Wolverine (also all we have for it is a CGI trailer?) whereas I love Ratchet and Clank and would love to be able to play them at 4k60 on my PS5 especially since I've gone through 5 PS3's…

So yeah, I'd love to see a Ratchet collection made available at any cost

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
No. Damn, it's worse enough that Naughty Dog already spent half of the gen for finishing and porting a remake no one really needed and is still working on multiplayer of TLOU2 ... stop with this nonsens.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
A known quantity over an unknown? Yes wholeheartedly, unshackle the Future from the past.