Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad that I got to ride the OG Splash Mountain one last time in 2022, but I'm really looking forward to seeing the new theme.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like they would've benefitted from announcing this further in advance so people planning their vacations could schedule in time to see it

OP
OP
jukeboxhero2396
Dec 25, 2018
I feel like they would've benefitted from announcing this further in advance so people planning their vacations could schedule in time to see it
Yeah it's definitely a bit strange they waited so long, I mean even mardi gras or something to me was like the perfect date to announce a release date. I have no idea why there were so hesitant for so long.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

From what I've read in the past, Disney isn't the most efficient when it comes to ride construction so they probably didn't have a date figured out until very recently.

I do agree with you though.

Oct 27, 2017
I had no idea this new ride was a Splash Mountain retheme. I missed Splash Mountain during my Disneyland visit last year and am glad to hear it's returning in some form.

Gr8one

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just having flashbacks to the lines at slash mountain at Disney World a decade ago.

I'm sweating thinking about standing shoulder to shoulder for hours for the new one.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I had no idea this new ride was a Splash Mountain retheme. I missed Splash Mountain during my Disneyland visit last year and am glad to hear it's returning in some form.
Land's is still a ways off (Halloween season, I think?)
Nah, you don't want to promise it and have people schedule a vacation and then construction issues push it out of their visits
I feel like Disney tends to give more solid reopening dates for their other refurbs, or at least more than a month's heads up
It's opening late June, it's hard to pack the parks even more at that point when they are already packed at that time of year.
Fair
I'm just having flashbacks to the lines at slash mountain at Disney World a decade ago.

I'm sweating thinking about standing shoulder to shoulder for hours for the new one.
Yeah maybe wait a few months. Splash Mountain's lines were several hours long before it closed. I expect it to be similar for the first few months of this ride's life at least

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Won't be riding it this year, but will check some Youtube videos of it when it opens. Really interested in seeing how they re-themed Splash Mountain.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Will hopefully go to check it out when school is out around early August

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
They want the opposite of that tho lol. They're near capacity almost every day in the spring and summer so they gain nothing from telling people to postpone their trips to what will be their busiest few weeks of this entire year.

OP
OP
jukeboxhero2396
Dec 25, 2018
disneyparks.disney.go.com

Everything to Know Before You Drop Into Tiana’s Bayou Adventure at Disney World

We've got the 7 things you need to know before riding Tiana’s Bayou Adventure when the attraction opens on June 28.

Tons of new info, VQ and regular Genie+ LL only but will become standby. They had tons of DVC and annual pass reservations, the annual pass reservations require VQ while the DVC ones do not. The CM previews were announced and begin I think on June 2nd or 3rd.