jwk94

Oct 25, 2017

Hopefully this results in an eventual 4k blu ray.

Update:
4k hdr release confirmed!

twitter.com

edgarwright on Twitter

“@thesmash After the @DolbyCinema re-release. That's the plan anyway.”

Last edited:

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wait...but when? All theaters are closed. Why suddenly now after all this time?

Not that I'm complaing, it's one of my favorite films of all time.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando

This is really up there in my top 5. I can't wait. I was there as a non book fan at a midnight release on a whim and I fell in love with the movie. Introduced it to my son and he loves it too. The whole family is down to go.

People better show up for this thing unlike the first go-round!

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Scott Pilgrim had great sound design. I'd love to check it out in a theater. Well, I'd love to check anything out in a theater.

I wish the game would have made a return sooner, before Ubi decided to ditch Steam.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
This is cool for those who didn't see it at the theater, and have a good one near them I suppose. I saw it at release and also bought the blu-ray when it released. The only thing for me that's left is to hope for a 4K release, since my TV looks better than the screens we have around here anyway.

Hopefully this results in an eventual 4k blu ray.

With Dolby Vision.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is one of those movies where you can still get a 100% satisfaction if you watch it with your eyes closed. Every single fucking byte of sound in this movie is just perfect.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Worth it just to see the Envy Black Sheep scene. I didn't see SP in theaters but watched it years later with in a home theater with surround and my God that scene is incredible.

And we're getting a 4K release? Hot damn.

OP
OP
jwk94

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
This is cool for those who didn't see it at the theater, and have a good one near them I suppose. I saw it at release and also bought the blu-ray when it released. The only thing for me that's left is to hope for a 4K release, since my TV looks better than the screens we have around here anyway.

With Dolby Vision.
Wish granted!

twitter.com

edgarwright on Twitter

“@thesmash After the @DolbyCinema re-release. That's the plan anyway.”

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
One of my favorite movies of all time! 4k UHD release oh man I don't buy anything physical but I'll make an exception.

Also don't tease me with a re release of the game Ubisoft!

OP
OP
jwk94

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. The movie would make great use of HDR. Still unknown though which form it will take. It would be silly if it just released with HDR10 being that it's going to be shown in a Dolby theater, but that happens all of the time.
What's the difference between the two?

Also, it'd be great if Speed Racer for a 4k hdr release. That'll never happen though.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
What's the difference between the two?

Also, it'd be great if Speed Racer for a 4k hdr release. That'll never happen though.

www.displayninja.com

HDR10 vs Dolby Vision - What's The Difference? [Simple Guide]

Apart from being royalty-free, HDR10 has only static metadata and 10-bit color depth whereas Dolby Vision has dynamic metadata and 12-bit color.

It's pretty noticeable even on crappy compressed streaming "4K".

edit: Sorry, I forgot to post the encyclopedia length explanation since apparently that's needed.
www.digitaltrends.com

What is Dolby Vision? The Dynamic HDR format fully explained | Digital Trends

If you're shopping for 4K TVs, you've probably seen Dolby Vision as a feature. But what exactly is Dolby Vision? We have all the answers here.

Last edited:

Gwenpoolshark

Jan 5, 2018
The Pool
ReasonableEnchantingGnat-max-1mb.gif

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017

CKT

Banned
Feb 1, 2020
Awesome, love this movie. And that tweet about the game is even better. 🙏

Catalix

Oct 28, 2017
Always wished this movie could somehow gain a massive surge in popularity long after it flopped in theaters. The way it was received was so unfair.

This little re-release probably won't move the needle on that, but it assures me its beloved cult status will remain intact. Also warms my heart to know that everyone involved with making the film still cares about it so much.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome. I was just playing the game yesterday, too, but I'd gladly pay for a re-release of that.

Probably won't get a chance to see the Dolby Cinema version, but I'm 100% down for the 4K UHD disc when it's out.

May 30, 2018
this was probably only finished in 2K right? can't imagine they'd go back and re-do the effects. but at least it will benefit from Atmos + HDR.

CKT

Banned
Feb 1, 2020
Always wished this movie could somehow gain a massive surge in popularity long after it flopped in theaters. The way it was received was so unfair.

This little re-release probably won't move the needle on that, but it assures me its beloved cult status will remain intact. Also warms my heart to know that everyone involved with making the film still cares about it so much.
Always surprised me that it flopped, I went on a friday afternoon when it came out, theater was packed. Guess I caught the lucky showing where people were actually there lol