• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
This is coming from Maximilian's Twitter, but he isn't one to fake these sort of things.

This would fit with from what we know. In that Division 2 was planning a new Fighting Game of some sort.
Also fits with the idea that Capcom seems to really be pushing the IP revivals over new IPs. Which isn't a bad thing, considering some of these IPs have been dormant so long that bringing them back is almost like having a new IP anyway. Then there's the factor of Darkstalkers despite not having any new game for quite a long time has always stayed in the public eye. Whether it was through crossovers, merchandise, or easter eggs.

So what is your take on this? Is this just Ono trolling and perhaps we're getting Street Fighter vs Darkstalkers or some other Capcom Crossover fighter instead? Or will they finally make good on that promise all those years ago?

phpf50mqpdstalkers8zikl.jpg

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If this happens, I hope it'll live up to my extremely low expectations. Either way I'll be glad to see that series again.

Geek

Nov 8, 2017
I believe it this time. Capcom's been on a hot streak with its fighting games lately and I have the utmost confidence that Ono will bring us a new Darkstalkers. Putting in my pre-order now.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
another Darkstalkers sent out to not sell well?

just make a new Rival Schools instead

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
If they do a Darkstalkers game I hope they don't just reuse the artstyle from SFV and go for something totally different and more in line with Dark Stalkers. I'd love actual sprites or something in that vein but I know its foolish to hope for anything like that.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I want a Capcom fighting game that isn't held back by bad business partners. Go for it.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I remember Dark Stalkers are not dead . I'll believe it when I see it.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
I'll believe it when I see it. Coming from Ono, a known liar and terrible at teasing things, who made the last Capcom fighting games worse than before (in various and different ways), and someone who's not even boss of his division anymore?
Yeah right.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Capcom has to be shook. SFV wasn't up to expectations, no? MvCi bombed. CAPCOM, I want Darkstalkers. Not as a fighting game, I want something like Anarchy Reigns. Flipped Resident Evil on it's head, flip Darkstalkers, give me some story, some anime horror.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Hold up your money for Darkstalkers!

Yeah, someone post that Memento pic with Ono shopped in.

SpScarecrow

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who wants this to be true more than anything, my heart can't take another sf5 level launch. I hope Capcom continues their good streak and comes out of the gate swinging like with what they're showing us with DMC5 and Megaman 11

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
I've always loved Darkstalkers' cartoon-y horror aesthetic and wanted to give it a shot. Really hoping this is legit.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
A while ago, I mentioned to my friend that I wanted the UNIB update to come to Steam (it was only on PS4 originally). They announced it for Steam like two days later.

This morning, I mentioned to him that a new Darkstalkers still hasn't happened after Ono's tweet from years ago.

*Crosses fingers*

gordofredito

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
DARKSTALKERS WAS IN MY E3 BINGO THIS YEAR as my "Wildest Dream" at Sony's E3!

P R O P H E T I C
R
O
P
H
E
T
I
C

I will probably upload the picture when I get home, but I could also try to find my post when we were posting our bingos here but I am too lazy

fhqwhgads

Oct 28, 2017
Even if Darkstalkers gets made, it'll get sent out to die with no marketing and probably have some sort of controversy attached to it that turns hardcore types away. The cynic in me believes they'll find a way to screw it up.

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
And nothing will come out of this. Don't trust Ono words.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
Just let us have Darkstalkers Resurrection on XB1 BC if you're not going to do anything with the franchise...

RedEther

Jan 7, 2018
As long as the SFV team isn't working on this it might be good if it turns out to be real of course.

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Darkstalkers created the anime fighting genre. And now Ono about to kill it by ruining Darkstalkers. Time is a circle.