• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
In what is easily the biggest shakeup in months, the top four slots in the UK Charts were all captured by debuting titles last week, which forced their way into the big leagues.
The string of successful debuts was led by Microsoft's seafaring adventure title Sea of Thieves, which was then followed by EA's co-op only prison break title, No Way Out. In third place was beautiful RPG sequel Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom, with Ubisoft's remastered edition of 2014's Assassin's Creed Rogue slotting neatly into number four.

Physical-only first week sales, but that's a respectable standing for SoT. These are reported regularly, so we'll have the perspective of how it does in later weeks (alongside the other "small" titles in that top four). [Original article link]

U.K. video game sales chart w/e: March 24 2018
(Chart reflects in-store sales only)

1. Sea of Thieves - Microsoft
2. A Way Out - Electronic Arts
3. Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom - Bandai Namco
4. Assassin's Creed Rogue Remastered - Ubisoft

5. FIFA 18 - Electronic Arts
6. Burnout Paradise Remastered - Electronic Arts
7. Grand Theft Auto V - Take 2
8. EA Sports UFC 3 - Electronic Arts
9. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Nintendo
10. Super Mario Odyssey - Nintendo

U.K. video game charts [GFK Chart-Track]

And as proof that God has abondoned us:

Elsewhere in the charts, Nintendo 3DS release Detective Pikachu had a disappointing first week, debuting at number 23, while Bandai Namco's Attack on Titan 2 landed at a respectable number 17.

Last edited:

Mondy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now it's on Rare to start rolling out the content updates to keep the game going

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
I'm almost scared to still see GTAV charting as high as it is 5 years later.

Like, with as many sales as it has had, I'd assume it would have saturated its audience by now but nope.

OP
OP
Gestault

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Now it's on Rare to start rolling out the content updates to keep the game going

There's something of a countdown to see how far the the current game goes as the first players start getting all factions to 50 (presumably to get access to Pirate Legend end-content).

CalamityPixel

Oct 27, 2017
Rare Replay was Rare's first time at the top of the charts since Banjo Kazooie, glad they are able to repeat that success again.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Can I play online with a friend with only one copy of no way out?

EightBitNate

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
That's amazing when you consider you could get it as part of GamePass (I'm guessing U.K. has GamePass already)

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Detective Pikachu is the first Pokemon game I've bought since Alpha Sapphire and the first thing to truly interest me in the franchise for some time, so I'm very disappointed by its performance.

Can't argue with the success of Sea of Thieves though. However light on content it may be (I haven't played it) it seems like it's well realised at its core and Rare deserves the achievement.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Huge UK Charts Shakeup"?

Uhhh, am I missing something dramatic here?

The title of the article is click bait and OP left out this key bit of information:

In what is easily the biggest shakeup in months, the top four slots in the UK Charts were all captured by debuting titles last week, which forced their way into the big leagues.

The "shakeup" is 4 new games taking the top 4 slots on the charts. Not what the article title and OP implies, that Sea of Thieves alone has done something dramatic. Four well publicized games, releasing at the same time, sold more than old games in their 20th+ week. We never saw it coming.

MadMod

Dec 4, 2017
Great performance from the top 3! About to get A Way Out, after positive word of mouth, already own Ni No Kuni. Happy SoT is selling well, hope its supported well enough for Xbox Owners, would hate to see a unique and ambitious game/console exclusive to fail.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
Very impressive for both SoT and A Way Out. Also, isn't it a bit unusual for Mario Odyssey and Kart to be charting that low? I'm guessing the vast majority of it's sales are physical. Apparently, these are physical sales. Not sure what's going on there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gestault

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
The title of the article is click bait and OP left out this key bit of information:

The "shakeup" is 4 new games taking the top 4 slots on the charts. Not what the article title and OP implies, that Sea of Thieves alone has done something dramatic. Four well publicized games, releasing at the same time, sold more than old games in their 20th+ week. We never saw it coming.

You might almost think that's why the quoted text is talking about those four games, and why the first four titles are bolded in the ranking list.

SK4TE

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
One of the slowest weeks for launch games, game pass already slowly killing retail.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are 20k or so units considered good for the UK? I feel like there should be another 0 in there or something.

OP
OP
Gestault

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Are 20k or so units considered good for the UK? I feel like there should be another 0 in there or something.

Eh, it's weekly sales, and physical only. UK definitely isn't a huge market on its own, though. I had the same reaction to seeing yearly totals for 2017 for individual titles.

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Happy to see Burnout still up there. I'm really hoping the sales convince EA to do more with the series.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Nice to see it at number one despite digital, game pass, reviews all working against retail sales. Hopefully it maintains a following and grows into something even more special.

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Well it seem this is the wave of people that bought the game for play it. Because the rest will watch it.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

OP why you do this...