• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
It looks like Spencer's plan is paying off. We'll see more & more Xbox games on PS soon imo.

View: https://twitter.com/BenjiSales/status/1766702071892320619

GISWK_TXoAAMcnn

Last edited:

Lightjolly

Oct 30, 2019
No exclusives everyone wins, hopefully one day Sony will see that.

Edit: Dogma 2 above Elden Ring DLC and Rise of Ronin, you love to see that too

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Of course. The game is hugely successful on Steam, selling millions there despite launching 2 years late there and being on Game Pass. Makes sense it will be successful on PlayStation too.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Hope the game turns out to be a success on PlayStation. It's an amazing experience and I hope as many PlayStation users as possible get to try it.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Probably doesn't need to be said... But play it with friends.

or if you dont have friends or dont want to, just play the new "offline-ish" thingy they added and go through the tall tales. specially the pirates of caribbean and monkey island one. they could be standalone games on their own

Nice every sale increase the odds of perfect dark being multiplat

This logic bodes well for helldivers and all sony games on pc then

DuckSauce

Powered by Friendship™
Aug 19, 2023
Yous be stupid not to release GaaS titles on just one platform, so it's great to see those walls being knocked down. I know some may harbour weird hatred towards these titles coming over but in all honesty, the players win. By having choice we can actually remove a lot of the artificial boundaries placed in gaming.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
So you're telling me there's going to be lots of naive pirates sailing around, oblivious to my ways...

Startropper

Oct 25, 2017
Something weird to consider. Right now the all these large companies are fighting for your time.

Could there be a scenario where MS GAAS become so popular on Sonys platforms it takes away from their own GAAS ambitions?

daTRUballin

Oct 25, 2017
Portland, Oregon
I know a lot of people want Rare to work on their older properties, but they clearly made the right decision when they chose to do a new pirate IP 10 years ago. The legs on this game all these years later are unbelievable.

Last edited:

Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Something weird to consider. Right now the all these large companies are fighting for your time.

Could there be a scenario where MS GAAS become so popular on Sonys platforms it takes away from their own GAAS ambitions?

Considering they cancelled, like, six planned ones, and Helldivers 2 out of everything is a massive success, there's no way to tell. If Fairgames and Concord (plus Helldivers+MLB+Gran Turismo) do well and keep doing well, the success of MS's GAAS's is just a bonus.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021

Well, the reasons why they are doing it remain the same; making money and relying less on third party to give those experiences. There are plenty of successful GAAS on playstation already, a couple more from Microsoft - their main competitor -is hardly going to alter their course I would think.

CQC

Oct 25, 2017
Gears of War next please. Despite owning an Xbox I'd love a reason to get back into gears with my friends on PlayStation

Aurora

Jul 22, 2018
Lemuria

As far as I recall I think EA's CEO stated that he saw an opportunity for Battlefield on PlayStation if COD became Xbox exclusive and every game on a platform is competing with each other for people's time, but I don't think it's as much as Microsoft wanting to kneecap Sony as much as them wanting to make money off the PlayStation audience - and in a scenario where Sony started putting more of their GaAS content (i.e. Helldivers 2), on Xbox I wouldn't view it as them trying to undercut Microsoft's GaAS titles, either.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Didn't pre-orders just go live? Like, I know the game is going to be a massive success on PlayStation (and cause it to be a bigger success everywhere else) but I was always under the impression that the #1 preorders spot on PlayStation is super volatile and tons of games end up there at one point or another

I'm 100% sure that a Switch 2 port is coming too.
I mean, other than Pentiment, I'd definitely assume that to be the case for all 4 of the announced Xbox games going multiplat. Especially for a game like Sea of Thieves, it makes total sense to bring that to the Nintendo audience once you've decided to remove exclusivity.

SykoTech

Dec 23, 2020
...it's already sunk below MLB The Show for what I'm seeing.

Meanwhile, Suicide Squad was #1 on the US PS Store for several weeks on end. Even Skull and Bones was #1 too at some point, and seemingly held on to that spot longer than Sea of Thieves did.

Just saying, it's not exactly an achievement that guarantees success. Hopefully it is successful though, so that more games get ported.

Went ahead and preordered Hi-Fi Rush myself.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021

Meanwhile, Suicide Squad was #1 on the US PS Store for several weeks on end. Even Skull and Bones was #1 too at some point, and seemingly held on yo that spot longer than Sea of Thieves did.

Just saying, it's not exactly an achievement that guarantees success. Hopefully it is successful though, so that more games get ported.

For sure you are right, small sample sizes like that are never a good indication of anything. Steam is the same; occasionally games will shoot to the top sellers list and they are there are for four days and then are gone.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Didn't pre-orders just go live? Like, I know the game is going to be a massive success on PlayStation (and cause it to be a bigger success everywhere else) but I was always under the impression that the #1 preorders spot on PlayStation is super volatile and tons of games end up there at one point or another
That's exactly what's happening. It doesn't mean it has more pre-orders than say MLB, as that's been available for pre-order for much longer.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
I'd buy the game if keyboard support is good on Playstation and I could find a group of likeminded pirates who are fine with keyboard only communication.

Probably not likely...

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
I preordered it and Hifi Rush. I want Microsoft to bring all their titles to PlayStation and Nintendo.

Owlet

Owl Enthusiast
Verified
May 30, 2018
London, UK
What a nice thing to wake up to.

Excited for more people to give it a try.

It's been a huge part of my life over the last few years.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018

Meanwhile, Suicide Squad was #1 on the US PS Store for several weeks on end. Even Skull and Bones was #1 too at some point, and seemingly held on to that spot longer than Sea of Thieves did.

Being behind a new MLB game isn't a shame either. It's doing fairly well in Europe too.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017

Not at all. PlayStation has a ton of popular live service games already, a few more being added to the pile doesn't alter SIEs plans. They've still got several live service games that're active and in the works with:

(active)
MLB
Helldivers 2
Destiny 2

(upcoming)
Marathon
Matter
Concord
Fairgame$
Horizon Online by Guerrilla
Horizon MMORPG by NCSoft (assuming it's separate from the above title)

There's also apparently a secret team working on a game under Jason Blundell. Whether that's also a live service game or not remains to be seen, but if they're continuing the work from the game Deviation was originally working on then that would fall under the live service banner too.

SIE has been taking steps over the past several years to widen their sources of income to be more self sufficient. That's seen them do steps like start up PS Productions, embrace premium subscriptions and hardware, put games on mobile/PC and begin the current live service push. They're looking for more revenue/profit, and that doesn't change because a few more live service games are being added to their platform.

Plus SIE is all about that synergy. They want their own IP to explode in popularity so they can push transmedia content like film/TV adaptations and whatnot, sell merch and do cross promotional content between their own IP to bring in even more DLC (skins, shaders, outfits...)

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017

Same thing I see too, in the US. 2 skus of both games in the top 6.

1 or 2 is good to see tho. And a reminder to stay away from alot of the landscape of Twitter...there was a post mentioning how both games were on Game Pass and laughing....totally overlooking both of these games still being bought despite that is a good thing for the industry.

I hope Hi Fi Rush sees good results on PlayStation.

CJohn

Oct 30, 2017
I have no interest in SoT because I have nobody to play it with but I will support these ports by getting HiFi even if I won't play it right now.

Last edited: