goflyakite

Jul 21, 2023
Is it easy to meet/befriend/party up with randoms in this game? I've been interested in it since it was announced but idk if my PC and Xbox friends will want to pick up the game this many years later.

I might still get it because of the safer seas thing anyway.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Is it easy to meet/befriend/party up with randoms in this game? I've been interested in it since it was announced but idk if my PC and Xbox friends will want to pick up the game this many years later.

I might still get it because of the safer seas thing anyway.
yes it has matchmaking / open crew settings so someone random can just pop in to your ship and play with you for however long they/you want.

You can also talk to other players while out on the seas and form alliances which grants each crew a % shared between the two when you turn in loot anywhere.

goflyakite

Jul 21, 2023
yes it has matchmaking / open crew settings so someone random can just pop in to your ship and play with you for however long they/you want.

You can also talk to other players while out on the seas and form alliances which grants each crew a % shared between the two when you turn in loot anywhere.
Great, thank you!

I have like $40 from PlayStations Stars that I think I'll use towards a preorder!

Edit: just preordered it

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
You're going to have a lot of fun. The missions you go on, which are called Tall Tales, are very cool. This isn't just a "go out and make your own fun" type of game. It does have structure, if you want it.

Looks like Rare did a fantastic job supporting the game for years, not the biggest fan of PvP but not totally against it too, played Destiny 2 quite bit and like you said there is structure and stuff to do like Tall Tales. Discovering all that may actually take me away from playing Helldivers religiously lol.

you're going to see the best water physics ever made, is mesmerizing sometimes

Water physics really did catch my eye, saw some comparison videos of the water between XB1 and SX and its mind-blowing how good it looks on current gen.

Last edited:

beebop

May 30, 2023
It's a shame PS owners won't get to experience the golden years with more organic interactions. It's still a great game, but some of the more recent changes removed a bit of the enjoyable simplicity within the sandbox.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Halo would probably do jaw dropping numbers.

I've been saying for ages that they should release Halo on PlayStation, both MCC and Infinite. The series needs a shot in the arm and it would go nuts. A lot of people would get it for the sheer novelty of having Halo on PlayStation.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
I hope it succeeds and they move all future games to PS. Would love to just own one console again like last gen.