• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017

YHx6TPO.png

I now have a cool hat so my pirate is even hotterer

z2RhXpH.gif

LOL!! Damn Bearded lady!!! I always knew you liked em hairy.

smh I'm reporting this to all of the mods

Oct 27, 2017
Im looking forward to reports in a few years what went wrong during the development of the game, because its not really clear what Rare has been working on between the first alpha and now. I would like to believe they left some big things on the tail ends of the company levels, but my hope is dwindling with every hour I play.

Does the Kraken even have a second level or is just the tentacles? Before my crew could destroy all tentacles the Kraken always fled.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
No and No. Try the Xbox Live Looking for Group tool. Can be found on PC in the Xbox App.
I know they want communication to be a big part but you should be able to see an icon of where your teammates are. Language options should've been a no-brainer. Really dumbfounded that neither are in the game.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Holy shit. Found a message in a bottle containing a order of souls quest. It was way harder than my basic quests.
Got a shiny golden skull tho!

I know they want communication to be a big part but you should be able to see an icon of where your teammates are. Language options should've been a no-brainer. Really dumbfounded that neither are in the game.

They should've promoted LFG you mean. Why build something that's already available.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
I just turned in 3 chests and a skull and got 0 rewards... I'm still level 1 across all factions and 0 gold. Screw this game, I'm probably done if it it doesn't register the next time I log in, although I still want to try a 4 person voyage instead of just 2 people.

Booker.DeWitt

Oct 25, 2017
I just turned in 3 chests and a skull and got 0 rewards... I'm still level 1 across all factions and 0 gold. Screw this game, I'm probably done if it it doesn't register the next time I log in, although I still want to try a 4 person voyage instead of just 2 people.

It is registering, they are having server issues, you will get your xp and money

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus fucking Christ, I found a sweet ass skull sticking out of the sand, and fell into an area that clips through the game world. It spawned me back on the ship without the skull and now all I can do is fucking look at this while I wait to respawn on my ship.

Fuck, man.

rage.png

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
K7R3SoD.png

I need to start yelling like Bugs Bunny over chat when we get into cannon battles.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
On my way back to the outpost to deliver chickens I was chased by a four man galleon. Decided against a soft docking approach and rammed into the island full speed.

Jumped off with chicken #1 and hid it in the nearest bush I could find. Went back for chicken #2 while my ship was under fire and weaved in between buildings and cannon fire to deliver the goods.

Ran my way back toward my ship, they were probably thinking I was going to get back onboard. Nope! Got the last chicken in the bushes and made my way to the Merchant. Easy Money.

I did end up sneaking on their ship and tried to hide out back. No luck.

Somehow when I respawned, my ship was still afloat. About 10 patches later I was on my way.

I ended up following the Galleon for about 20 minutes. Got some good shots in. Ended up finally ramming the ship and got boarded. Got one before they sent me to the grave.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah its missing a lot of quality of life things that most online games have.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On my way back to the outpost to deliver chickens I was chased by a four man galleon. Decided against a soft docking approach and rammed into the island full speed.

Jumped off with chicken #1 and hid it in the nearest bush I could find. Went back for chicken #2 while my ship was under fire and weaved in between buildings and cannon fire to deliver the goods.

Ran my way back toward my ship, they were probably thinking I was going to get back onboard. Nope! Got the last chicken in the bushes and made my way to the Merchant. Easy Money.

I did end up sneaking on their ship and tried to hide out back. No luck.

Somehow when I respawned, my ship was still afloat. About 10 patches later I was on my way.

I ended up following the Galleon for about 20 minutes. Got some good shots in. Ended up finally ramming the ship and got boarded. Got one before they sent me to the grave.
Sounds bloody amazing, love that you had the cheek to hide on thier ship lol

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol everyone I've talked to is lowest in merchants. I'm thinking it gonna try grinding then first and let the gold/souls people carry me further

TheCanisDirus

Nov 13, 2017
Sounds bloody amazing, love that you had the cheek to hide on thier ship lol
My personal favorite is hiding below deck on an enemy ship and eating all of their bananas. Always a great time and shock when they see you there sleeping next to the barrel after your done. (Sleeping emote post banana binge NOT optional)

Sikamikanico

Oct 25, 2017
23/23/21 for me I think.

My crew and I have completed over 8 forts now, faced and beaten the Kraken, and everything in between. Legends is the end goal, we want to see what's out there.

The best moment I've had so far was a Skeleten Fort while fighting a French Crewed Galleon. We absolutely wrecked them, they came back, and we wrecked them again (all while tackling the Fort). They appeared a 3rd time and circled us for a while before running away (lucky they did as we were bluffing and had zero ammo left). It was utterly amazing and the best gameplay experience I've had in years.

The concern over content is understandable and reasonable, but when the core is so solid, I find little to complain about. I love playing Pirate.

Simbo

Oct 27, 2017
Jumped on with 3 mates to take on a skull fort.

We arrived at the same time as another galleon which we sent sailing off with its tail firmly between its legs after a brief battle. It kept circling in the distance though so we kept one person onboard in the crows nest to keep an eye out.

It took us ages as at one point the plant skeletons came out in the middle of a storm. The rain water was making them stronger so they were really difficult to kill.

We eventually killed the boss and opened up the chest room. As we were loading up another galleon appeared and it was very close! We exchanged cannonballs and sunk each other.....unfortunately the stronghold chest was onboard and was lost.

We sailed back to grab the rest of our loot and 2 of the previous crew were waiting for their ship to return. We killed them and loaded up with some of the treasure. We managed to turn it in but only for 4000 gold.

All that took 2 and a half hours!! I had an absolute blast but unfortunately it has put one of my mates off permanently. He found it incredibly frustrating to waste all that time just to be jumped at the last moment.

Looking forward to playing more but skull forts are looking unlikely now that my friend has dropped out. Going to be a long slog to 50/50/50 in a sloop.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I was searching youtube to see if Easy Allies had played this game yet since they were hyping it up big time 'round E3 and I saw this week-old video from Gamespot.

SPOILERS10 Things We Learned about Sea of Thieves from the Beta(time coded link should take you to 5:38, SPOILERS)

Freaking being a "Pirate Legend" or whatever sounds awesome (numbers 8 and 9)! It makes me actually want to do those merchant guild quests now, lol.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone playing that wants to take on a total newb? I have barely seen the game and didn't touch the beta. I ran around for about 30 minutes earlier having no clue what I was doing. Someone, pick me up!

Gamertag: Wind Drake 1985

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fighting other crews for a skeleton fort is the absolute bottom tier of any PvP experience I've ever dealt with. Holy fuck.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Pulling into an outpost, loaded with solo sloop loot and I slow down to stop right at the dock. That's when I see the thing I knew I would see sooner or later - a ship docked on the blindside of the island behind the large rocks.

I didn't want to take the chance so I like to imagine the rogues lying in wait, rubbing their hands together only to see me pull a full speed anchor 180 turn and nope out of there to the next outpost.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Jumped on with 3 mates to take on a skull fort.

We arrived at the same time as another galleon which we sent sailing off with its tail firmly between its legs after a brief battle. It kept circling in the distance though so we kept one person onboard in the crows nest to keep an eye out.

It took us ages as at one point the plant skeletons came out in the middle of a storm. The rain water was making them stronger so they were really difficult to kill.

We eventually killed the boss and opened up the chest room. As we were loading up another galleon appeared and it was very close! We exchanged cannonballs and sunk each other.....unfortunately the stronghold chest was onboard and was lost.

We sailed back to grab the rest of our loot and 2 of the previous crew were waiting for their ship to return. We killed them and loaded up with some of the treasure. We managed to turn it in but only for 4000 gold.

All that took 2 and a half hours!! I had an absolute blast but unfortunately it has put one of my mates off permanently. He found it incredibly frustrating to waste all that time just to be jumped at the last moment.

Looking forward to playing more but skull forts are looking unlikely now that my friend has dropped out. Going to be a long slog to 50/50/50 in a sloop.

Feel free to DM if you need a crew! There's also the Discord.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone playing that wants to take on a total newb? I have barely seen the game and didn't touch the beta. I ran around for about 30 minutes earlier having no clue what I was doing. Someone, pick me up!

Probably a bit too late for me now but I'll be around tomorrow if you still need someone to show you the ropes.

EDIT: Join the discord channel (It's one of the banners in the OP) as there are usually some people around that will be happy to sail with you

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I don't wanna. I wanna play!

I haven't been able to get a good game with other people yet and I'll jump at the chance.
Ok it's loading me in

Grab this guy too

Status
Not open for further replies.