Status
Not open for further replies.

Iced_Eagle

Dec 26, 2017
Is there a way to take screenshots in-game or do you have to use a program to do so?

Windows Key + G opens the Game Bar. You can take screenshots, record video (including the "xbox record that" style where it's always recording the past few minutes and you can save that off) and also stream to Mixer from there.

That works in anything btw, so next time you want to record a video of Notepad, there ya go. :P

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Ended the night with roughly 35k, did a 3 man skeleton event which was way, way, way harder than the last beta and had to battle off a crew while returing about 13+ chests (from other quest as well), 6 skulls and quite a few trinkets. Fun night can't wait to tackle some more. Also, fuck
whaling chest we almost sunk because of it
spoiler is about a specific thing you can find not about end game or creatures.

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Bing Rewards is a program where Microsoft gives you points that you can redeem in the 'Bing Store' when you use their search engine. Once you get it set up, it only takes a few minutes a day to get all of your searched in. I typically do it at work. I set my tabbed browser to Bing search and just click the images at the bottom and go down through them all and then I have Bing downloaded on my phone to do something similar there just by searching the same thing over and over. It nets you at least 250 a day from the searches plus there are other things you can do like search certain things and finish quizzes. You can net about 10k points per month and you can redeem them for lots of stuff. You can redeem them for Microsoft store gift cards, Xbox Live subs, and now Game Pass subs. One month of Game Pass is 6800 points and 3 months is 17000 points. So, if you do your daily Bing Rewards every day, you will get Game Pass for free as long as that stays on there.

For reference, here are my subs because of Bing Rewards:

It must be different in the UK because the maximum I can get per day is 30 points for searching. And there has not been many new surveys.

If I'm lucky I can get about 300 total a week.

Deleted member 40053

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 17, 2018
When playing last night on one x I had zero issues with screen tearing/frame pacing. So not sure if it's an issue because of the servers tanking, but in heavy action/kraken/ship attacks not one issue, but this was all pre 12pm GMT time when it appears the servers got hit hard.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
level 15 for the hunting missions so far, had to do 5 levels solo because of the matchmaking shit but it seems to be ok now

BlacJack

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
When playing last night on one x I had zero issues with screen tearing/frame pacing. So not sure if it's an issue because of the servers tanking, but in heavy action/kraken/ship attacks not one issue, but this was all pre 12pm GMT time when it appears the servers got hit hard.

Neither of those issues would be related to network congestion at all...

jem

Oct 25, 2017
It must be different in the UK because the maximum I can get per day is 30 points for searching. And there has not been many new surveys.

If I'm lucky I can get about 300 total a week.
That's for level one.

I think if you earn more than 200 points in a month you go to level two which allows for 90 points per day via PC searches and 60 per day for mobile searches. On top of random points for clicking the link of the day and doing the mini surveys etc. I started about the start of February and I've got enough points for a month of gamepass.

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
That's for level one.

I think if you earn more than 200 points in a month you go to level two which allows for 90 points per day via PC searches and 60 per day for mobile searches. On top of random points for clicking the link of the day and doing the mini surveys etc. I started about the start of February and I've got enough points for a month of gamepass.

Ah right. Thanks. Didn't know that .

Deleted member 40053

Banned
Feb 17, 2018
I'm with ya there, dunno if any of my buddies aren't getting it yet but wouldn't like to buddy up with some ERA at least. I'm on Xbox, add me if you wanna group up. I think Pc and Xbox can still party chat right?

Theres a discord and a resetera club on xbox where people can team up and get full crews. I played with a crew of Era people last night, some more confident than others and we had a fantastic time, send me your gamer tag and I'll hook you up with both or the info is in the OP

And yes there's complete cross play/party chat between platforms

Last edited:

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I did one of the voyages to kill skeletons and killed all the skeletons on the island including the "boss". What do I do to complete the voyage? Seems like there's supposed to be a chest but there isn't any.

I'm sure some find the lack of a tutorial charming, but I'm finding it frustrating.

The boss should have dropped a glowing skull. Not a chest.

Podge293

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got the game downloading, I'm in the Era club...Just need to get stupid work out of the way....sure only 10 hours to go

Shoozle

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
UK
Is there nothing that can be done when a crewmate joins mid-way through a voyage, and then takes the ship while you are busy killing skeletons? That was a huge bummer.

Deleted member 40053

Banned
Feb 17, 2018
Is there nothing that can be done when a crewmate joins mid-way through a voyage, and then takes the ship while you are busy killing skeletons? That was a huge bummer.

If you are in a crew of three (or 4) and somebody 'goes rogue' the others can use the game menu to vote them to the brig of the ship (in the bottom) and they are locked up untill you release them.

Shoozle

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
UK
If you are in a crew of three (or 4) and somebody 'goes rogue' the others can use the game menu to vote them to the brig of the ship (in the bottom) and they are locked up untill you release them.
Yeah, saw that option, don't think my mate voted the same. I think the UI needs some improvement as I don't even believe we were told someone joined the crew, ship was just sailing off, went after it but died to sharks. Was humorous but hope it's only a one off issue.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Yeah, saw that option, don't think my mate voted the same. I think the UI needs some improvement as I don't even believe we were told someone joined the crew, ship was just sailing off, went after it but died to sharks. Was humorous but hope it's only a one off issue.

Yeah, they have said that they are working on some kind of notification. They are aware of the need.

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
Alright, I'm done for today.

Ended with 8/5/7 levels of the factions

Also, I think I'm very lucky, only encountered 10 minutes of matchmaking errors today, played all day very smooth.

Ended my session purchasing a peg leg, now I need a hook...

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I must have started playing right after the server issues stopped. It's been smooth sailing for me outside of the typical Windows 10/Xbox One party chat being unreliable.

FreezerGeezer

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
To those that have used game pass to play the game via PC, when I log into the new account created to get the cheap 1 month and log onto windows store with it will that dictate my account for the PC? I only ask due to when signing into my current microsoft / xbox account it seemed to apply it for all of windows, which is fine due to it being my main account. However I don't really want that to become the case with my new account that I will be using to try out SoT.

Just want to check once more if anyone has an answer to this. My apologies.

Oct 27, 2017
Illinois
Messed around with this for an hour tonight, I really have no idea what to do. Took a sloop out and visited a cpl small islands but only saw like 2 skeletons.

I'll find a beginner FAQ tomorrow and see if that helps. See you at sea!

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just want to check once more if anyone has an answer to this. My apologies.
I believe the Microsoft account you use on Windows is your Primary account and therefore applies to all of Windows. You can change it back and forth but that may be a hassle for you. Mail/Photos/Cortana syncing is the main things you lose out on.

If you're talking about creating a new user profile on Windows and applying your new account to that, that would be easier. You can then just switch profiles to play SoT and then switch back to your Main profile with your main Microsoft account.

MonkeySleeve

Nov 15, 2017
Messed around with this for an hour tonight, I really have no idea what to do. Took a sloop out and visited a cpl small islands but only saw like 2 skeletons.

At Outposts you can find the 3 Merchants that will sell you Voyages to complete. At the early levels they are free but when you level up it will cost some gold eventually.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

The tutorial pop-ups at the beginning of the game tell you that you need to select a voyage (quest) from the three available trading companies at an Outpost :)

Status
Not open for further replies.