Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
What, do you imply that these updates are... Rare? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
lol.

But really, the easiest implementation of this is moving CG cutscenes and story mode into a separate optional download for mainly multiplayer games. Every time I think about replaying Tekken 7 I remember that it's a 50+ GB download and nope-the-fuck-out.

gordofredito

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
wow that is impressive.
I'd like a larger and more detailed description of how they managed to do this. It's seriously great

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
To give slightly more detail, they discussed in a dev video that the size of the game had grown due to the frequent content updates. They've switched to a new updating method which means that the overall size of the game has shrunk at the expense of slightly larger update sizes.

I can't remember how large the download was at launch to be honest.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
To give slightly more detail, they discussed in a dev video that the size of the game had grown due to the frequent content updates. They've switched to a new updating method which means that the overall size of the game has shrunk at the expense of slightly larger update sizes.

I can't remember how large the download was at launch to be honest.

The install size for Sea of Thieves is 18.73GB on Xbox consoles, and 19.60GB for PCs.
https://twinfinite.net/2018/03/what-is-the-install-size-for-sea-of-thieves/

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
I hope more games do this. 100+ gb installs are just too much. I had to get rid of elder scrolls online because it just kept eating up more and more hard drive space with the constant updates.